Each Confrenece known for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Each Confrenece known for?

So when I was watching the Texas Tech Iowa State game a couple of weeks ago the announcers said something and I meant to post this afterwards but forgot .

But they broke down what each conference was known for and just figured it would be good for discussion.

Big 10 - Offensive linemen
    Big 12 - Quarterbacks
    SEC - Defensive linemen
    Pac 12 - WR/RB

I think they had one for the ACC or big east but I can't remember so what is everyone's take?

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

MWC: innovative coaches
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
      So when I was watching the Texas Tech Iowa State game a couple of weeks ago the announcers said something and I meant to post this afterwards but forgot .

But they broke down what each conference was known for and just figured it would be good for discussion.

Big 10 - Offensive linemen
      Big 12 - Quarterbacks
      SEC - Defensive linemen
      Pac 12 - WR/RB

I think they had one for the ACC or big east but I can't remember so what is everyone's take?
      The ACC and Big East are known for basketball

Actually the ACC is probably the conference that has produced the most LBs as of late, especially Miami, which is the new Linebacker U. Aside from The U, Florida State, Boston College, Clemson, and North Carolina have produced a number of NFL prospects at the LB position.

As for the Big East, I'm not even sure who's left in that conference anymore.
      sigpic

Adopted Posters:
      Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
      Adopted By:
      Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
      Broncbeat

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
        MWC: innovative coaches
        I agree with this.

Comment

SEC- Known for winning National Championships.
          sigpic

Comment

Seriously it's kind of funny the way some of y'all lump this together.

The SEC probably has just as many LB's drafted as the ACC or Big 10. Alabama had 3 go first round the last two seasons. Florida had Brandon Spikes and many more I can't think of right now.

The SEC has the most players drafted though. Big lineman on both sides, bigger faster defense at all positions.

Usually excel at RB's though lately not as many outside of Bama's.

Probably the two most talented young receivers right now with AJ Green and Julio Jones.

Really the only place they don't excel is QB's right now which I would give to probably the Big 12 then PAC-12.

Although we can't all ignore both Mannngs and Cam Newton.

I realize the question was about who is known for positions at college not necessarily how successful they are in the NFL.

But outside of a team or two from other conferences the SEC could easily be argued as better at every position except QB. 6 straight national titles make it hard to argue against.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X