Down goes Oregon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    You really gotta get over that bro. I've already stated that I probably shouldn't have used that term. But go ahead and keep beating a dead horse.
    Just checking.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
      Just checking.
      If you knew how many beers on when I started this thread you would realize I was up to no good.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
        The point is they are college coaches and I don't think they are trying to win at the NFL level I'm pretty sure they are trying to win at the college level so you do what gives you the best chance to win.

But I will say I can't wait till the 4 game playoff which they would make it larger but hopefully it stops the SEC bias like allowing a 2 loss team in over a 1 loss team. Which is what has helped the SEC reign dominance in the championship game. They are given magical tie breakers because they are the SEC.
        I assume you are referring to LSU getting in over Kansas in 07?

Only time a 2 loss SEC has gotten in and they weren't the only two loss ahead of Kansas. So it wasn't an SEC bias.

I too can't wait for a playoff but for different reasons.

I don't think the SEC will ever lose a title with a playoff.

If anything they are more at risk now from knocking each other off like this year. It's not their fault K st and Oregon couldn't capitalize on a golden opportunity to keep the SEC out.
        sigpic

Comment

If you knew how many beers on when I started this thread you would realize I was up to no good.
          That's a perfectly reasonable and understandable explanation! :thumb:

Colorado has thirty-four Oktoberfests, and I have a brother-in-law who plays in a band at five of them. Unfortunately, I only made it to two of his performances.

"Ein Prosit, ein Prosit, Der Gemutlichkeit.

Sorry, I don't know how to do umlauts.

If you're in Birmingham and want some excellent German food, go to Klingler's.

Comment

I assume you are referring to LSU getting in over Kansas in 07?

Only time a 2 loss SEC has gotten in and they weren't the only two loss ahead of Kansas. So it wasn't an SEC bias.

I too can't wait for a playoff but for different reasons.

I don't think the SEC will ever lose a title with a playoff.

If anything they are more at risk now from knocking each other off like this year. It's not their fault K st and Oregon couldn't capitalize on a golden opportunity to keep the SEC out.
            Yes that was one time where they leaped some one but then you have all the time where there are ties at 1 loss and the nod going to the SEC every time. Beating up on each other??? So Bama played Georgia and Florida this year??? If anyone is beating up on themselves it is the Big12 where 90% of the teams have been ranked at one point in the year. And a 20-4 out of conference record to back it, but 1 loss sends them tumbling but if a loss happened to and SEC team they just eh drop them a spot or two.

But your right the SEC will probably because the BCS which is so terribly flawed will pick 3 SEC teams and send them.

Adopted Broncos:
            (2011-2013) Eric Decker
            (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
            (2019-Current) Drew Lock
            Adopted posters:
            Everyone

Comment

Apparently you forgot they played LSU and Texas A&M. And they still do play Georgia. Those three dwarf anyone Oregon played except Stanford.

6 SEC schools are rated in the top 25 and actually in the top 15.

So yes they picked each other apart worse than any other conference.

That's laughable that you think the Big 12 had it worse.

All 6 of the ranked SEC teams can say they only lossed to each other.

K st lost to a 5-5 team.
              sigpic

Comment

Apparently you forgot they played LSU and Texas A&M. And they still do play Georgia. Those three dwarf anyone Oregon played except Stanford.

6 SEC schools are rated in the top 25 and actually in the top 15.

So yes they picked each other apart worse than any other conference.

That's laughable that you think the Big 12 had it worse.

All 6 of the ranked SEC teams can say they only lossed to each other.

K st lost to a 5-5 team.
                The difference is those 6 teams haven't played each other. They have played what one or two of them granted they may play 3 of those but not all. The big 12 because of only have 10 teams have to play everyone SEC can't make that claim which helps them as they don't knock each other down except maybe 1 game. There is a good chance 90% of the Big 12 makes a bowl game can the SEC make that claim???

Adopted Broncos:
                (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                Adopted posters:
                Everyone

Comment

The difference is those 6 teams haven't played each other. They have played what one or two of them granted they may play 3 of those but not all. The big 12 because of only have 10 teams have to play everyone SEC can't make that claim which helps them as they don't knock each other down except maybe 1 game. There is a good chance 90% of the Big 12 makes a bowl game can the SEC make that claim???
                  Beat us in a big bowl game and then come talk to me.
                  sigpic

Comment

% may not be as high but only due to a bigger conference.

Right now SEC has 8 bowl eligible teams.

Your Big 12 still only has 7. West Virignia will make it but Baylor could easily not.

SEC still had the potential for 10 even though neither Ole Miss or Missouri are likely to win their last game.

So don't give me this 90% mess when they could easily have the same number of teams.
                    sigpic

Comment

% may not be as high but only due to a bigger conference.

Right now SEC has 8 bowl eligible teams.

Your Big 12 still only has 7. West Virignia will make it but Baylor could easily not.

SEC still had the potential for 10 even though neither Ole Miss or Missouri are likely to win their last game.

So don't give me this 90% mess when they could easily have the same number of teams.
                      Percentage matters because we don't have 3 teams that are 0-7 in the conference. Which means they have to beat each other to get in. That is like the Big 12 being allowed to play Kansas 3 times plus their three out of conference games, which makes it pretty easy to get into a bowl game since you know it only takes 6 to make it.

Adopted Broncos:
                      (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                      (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                      (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                      Adopted posters:
                      Everyone

Comment

Percentage matters because we don't have 3 teams that are 0-7 in the conference. Which means they have to beat each other to get in. That is like the Big 12 being allowed to play Kansas 3 times plus their three out of conference games, which makes it pretty easy to get into a bowl game since you know it only takes 6 to make it.
                        You are comparing apples to oranges when you talk about win bowl % of a 10 win conference versus a 14 team conference.

A 14 team conference is more likely to have more bad teams that can't win a conference game.

Also the winless teams are not in the same division so little or no SEC teams played all three. So your Kansas three times argument is invalid.

Also that argument would only matter for the two teams getting in with 6 wins if they do.

7 SEC teams have 8 wins or more. So even if any of them did play all three winless teams they also won 5 more games.

Vandy now that I think of it did beat Kentucky, Missouri, Tennessee and Auburn. So they may not deserve a bowl.

But I guarantee out if the Big 12 had 4 more teams they would have some bottom feeders just as bad. For instance Colorado.

But as stated before. You can claim a higher % all you want. But until your head to head match ups stop losing to us then it doesn't mean squat.
                        sigpic

Comment

Your the one saying it wasn't a harder path for the Big 12 team, but if the SEC top 6 all had to play each other you think they would be sitting with 1 loss a piece?

Adopted Broncos:
                          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                          Adopted posters:
                          Everyone

Comment

Your the one saying it wasn't a harder path for the Big 12 team, but if the SEC top 6 all had to play each other you think they would be sitting with 1 loss a piece?
                            I don't even know why I'm having this argument with you.

I don't have an issue with the Big 12 like you seem to have with the SEC.

I have a problem with the PAC-12 and people thinking Oregon is good because they dominate a very weak conference.

I was rooting for Kansas st to make it to the title. But regardless of who you and I think deserves the national title the fact remains at 1 loss Kansas st's loss was to a 5-5 team but all three 1 loss SEC lost to a top 11 team.

So Kansas st is where they deserve to be.

But I honestly have no problem with the strength of schedule the Big 12 plays.

And as I stated beat us in a bowl game and then you have ground to stand on about who is better.
                            sigpic

Comment

Beat us in a big bowl game and then come talk to me.
                              2008 Sugar Bowl: Utah 31 Alabama 17

Big enough for you?

Comment

Utah is not in the Big 12 last I checked. But good try.

And if you're trying to talk for PAC-12 they weren't PAC-12 at the time either. So that doesn't count.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X