• Embree fired by CU

Wonder who they will get?
    sigpic

Wow, already!? Dan Hawkins is available

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Thank goodness. It was supposed to get better after Hawkins.

Comment

Hawkins messed that team up so bad that it was going to take a few years to get any better anyways
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Experience View Post
          Wonder who they will get?
          John Wristen?
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Firing Embree was a dumb move by CU. The cupboard was bare and they wouldn't even give him a third year to get his recruits going.

Morons.

I'm happy to see CU in the basement.
            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
              Firing Embree was a dumb move by CU. The cupboard was bare and they wouldn't even give him a third year to get his recruits going.

Morons.

I'm happy to see CU in the basement.
              There is no excuse for going 1-11 and losing to a D2 school. I don't care for the rebuilding argument when it's that bad.

Same thing with Auburn firing Chizik yesterday. When you are rebuilding you have to at least see improvement. Auburn lost a ton after the national title and still won 8 games last season. To regress to 3 wins this year is inexcusable.

Same with Embree. You can't see a regression in wins and you definitely can't excuse a D2 loss. At no point did his team show improvement. Unless you count a close home loss to a bad Utah team.

Honestly though I really don't think it matters. Colorado is a long way from ever being a good football team again and I honestly don't think they care that much. I'd be shocked if they could lure anyone better to rebuild.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                There is no excuse for going 1-11 and losing to a D2 school. I don't care for the rebuilding argument when it's that bad.

Same thing with Auburn firing Chizik yesterday. When you are rebuilding you have to at least see improvement. Auburn lost a ton after the national title and still won 8 games last season. To regress to 3 wins this year is inexcusable.

Same with Embree. You can't see a regression in wins and you definitely can't excuse a D2 loss. At no point did his team show improvement. Unless you count a close home loss to a bad Utah team.

Honestly though I really don't think it matters. Colorado is a long way from ever being a good football team again and I honestly don't think they care that much. I'd be shocked if they could lure anyone better to rebuild.
                I pretty much agreed with you until the end part. If they didn't care, they wouldn't keep firing coaches. Plain and Simple...

However, I think Bohn is the problem. How many head coaches does this man get to hire?
                sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Im a South Carolina Gamecock fan, so i speak objectivily. But how do yall expect Colorado to get talent to compete, when

1. No player wants to play at CU because the facilities arent up to par with the other schools around the country.
                  2. Colorado already isnt a melting pot for football talent, yall would have to recruit out of California which means yall would have to our recruit UCLA, S. Cal and Oregon for the top talent in Cali. ( That aint gone happen )
                  3. When USC had sanctions brought up on them, all the talent that used to Commite to USC started going to Oregon State, Oregon, and UCLA.

Yall would need a big name coach that has great rep that can bring in a good coaching staff that can recruit kids and convince them to leave their homestate to come play there. thats is CU's only hope to even become bowl eligable.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_23 View Post
                    Im a South Carolina Gamecock fan, so i speak objectivily. But how do yall expect Colorado to get talent to compete, when

1. No player wants to play at CU because the facilities arent up to par with the other schools around the country.
                    2. Colorado already isnt a melting pot for football talent, yall would have to recruit out of California which means yall would have to our recruit UCLA, S. Cal and Oregon for the top talent in Cali. ( That aint gone happen )
                    3. When USC had sanctions brought up on them, all the talent that used to Commite to USC started going to Oregon State, Oregon, and UCLA.

Yall would need a big name coach that has great rep that can bring in a good coaching staff that can recruit kids and convince them to leave their homestate to come play there. thats is CU's only hope to even become bowl eligable.
                    To be fair, Colin Klein went to loveland highschool in Colorado and CU didn't even TRY to recruit him. There are plenty of talent guys in Colorado, and this university shouldn't be letting the top guys get away from the state.

Sure they aren't going to out-recruit guys from USC, Oregon, and Oregon State but that doesn't mean that they can't get talented guys to get this program back to respectability. If the program can just get back to respectability, the recruits will come. CU is a hot spot for Cali students, they just need to lure the athletes away and it starts with a proven, respected coach.

You are completely right about the facilities.. They need a major overhaul and that's part of the problem.

Check these tweets out from Ringo earlier from the daily camera in boulder:

Embree sat behind a desk every day that he brought from home. CU didn't want to buy a new one to replace the old 1 Hawkins left

Embree helped pay for assistants to travel to summer camp CU started in San Diego last summer.

Embree bought water on a regular basis for everyone in football offices. \

Embree spent time on his trip to Africa last summer on his cell phione fighting with CU admissions to get recruits into school

Beyond pathetic if all of that is true.
                    sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

I cu was a little bit quick on the trigger but I think getting rid of Embree was a good move. Its was to big of an overhaul for the inexperienced coaching staff cu had. It wasn't just going 1-11. Every loss was embarrassing. I doubt things would have gotten that much better next year and how could they recruit good or even average players to come play for them without changing it up.

Comment

Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
                        To be fair, Colin Klein went to loveland highschool in Colorado and CU didn't even TRY to recruit him. There are plenty of talent guys in Colorado, and this university shouldn't be letting the top guys get away from the state.

Sure they aren't going to out-recruit guys from USC, Oregon, and Oregon State but that doesn't mean that they can't get talented guys to get this program back to respectability. If the program can just get back to respectability, the recruits will come. CU is a hot spot for Cali students, they just need to lure the athletes away and it starts with a proven, respected coach.

You are completely right about the facilities.. They need a major overhaul and that's part of the problem.

Check these tweets out from Ringo earlier from the daily camera in boulder:

Beyond pathetic if all of that is true.
                        If thats true, I might have changed my mind on this. It's not Embree who needed to go, it's the higher ups.
                        sigpic

Comment

Feel bad for Embree. He may not have been the right guy for the job, but he didn't get a fair chance. Bohn is a bigger problem...

Comment

My biggest issue is that Bohn said they did everything they could to help Embree and then turn around and say that they need to do more for the next coach.

Bohn is the issue here, not the coach.
                            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                              My biggest issue is that Bohn said they did everything they could to help Embree and then turn around and say that they need to do more for the next coach.

Bohn is the issue here, not the coach.
                              That's the conclusion I've come to in the last couple of days too... that's not to say that the coach wasn't an issue too... I don't know, I haven't watched a CU game in years... I'm not even sure what channel their games are on honestly.
                              :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                              Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Working...
                              X