Embree fired by CU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Experience View Post
    Not too excited about the hire. Could have gotten better IMO.
    Apparently they tried and failed. It is possible that coaches from less competitive schools in major conferences may not be as innovative as coaches from lesser conferences.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
      Apparently they tried and failed. It is possible that coaches from less competitive schools in major conferences may not be as innovative as coaches from lesser conferences.
      Yup sucks to be a CU fan.... I'm not one but I follow them closely.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
        MacIntyre did a great job at San Jose State. Good luck to him and to CU.
        ya they were 1-11 his first year, 5-7 the next, and 10-2 and ranked in the top 25 the third. That's a guy who's shown he can turn a program around, and I think it was a solid hire. All of the national guys were saying it was a good/great/home run type hire so that's reassuring.
        sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Originally posted by The Experience View Post
          Yup sucks to be a CU fan.... I'm not one but I follow them closely.
          I would say I am a fan, but not a die hard by any means. My dad grew up in Boulder and attended CU so I sort of follow them by default. I think given their options and the dismal state of the program this is probably the best they could do. I'm impressed by Mac's press conference and offensive philosophy (although not great in the run game). I never catch more than a handful of games each year, but it would be nice if they could implement an offense that is fun to watch.

Comment

An offense that scores points and helps to win games is fun to watch.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I say we try to lure Saban away from Alabama...

Comment

Clearly not a large enough sample size to make a complete judgement.

But so far after 1 game Mike Macyntire>>Embree. And it's not even close.

Been a long time since I remember dominating the Rams so thoroughly on both sides of the ball. Game wouldn't have even been close if not for the two great special teams returns. Definitely something Macyntire needs to work on.

But so far I'm impressed and back CU in their choice to dump Embree and Bohn.

We will see how they fare when PAC-12 play begins. Heck beating Fresnoe in two weeks after last years disaster would be great.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                  Clearly not a large enough sample size to make a complete judgement.

But so far after 1 game Mike Macyntire>>Embree. And it's not even close.

Been a long time since I remember dominating the Rams so thoroughly on both sides of the ball. Game wouldn't have even been close if not for the two great special teams returns. Definitely something Macyntire needs to work on.

But so far I'm impressed and back CU in their choice to dump Embree and Bohn.

We will see how they fare when PAC-12 play begins. Heck beating Fresnoe in two weeks after last years disaster would be great.
                  Fresno is gonna drop 60 on CU.

Count on it.
                  sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Working...
                  X