• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish it would come back SOONER!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWxVfds6MiA

I miss this Rivalry!
    sigpicoh YEAH?

The Nebraska/Oklahoma intraconference game which was so great for so long is a victim of conference realignment.

Colorado/Nebraska is another rivalry victimized on the altar of money. West Virginia/Pittsburgh is another.

As long as BYU is independent, they will probably be able to schedule Utah, but if they join a conference other than PAC 12, that rivalry may be interrupted, too. There are others.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

that rivalry is dead and gone never to come back again.
      sigpic

Comment

I'm liking the start of this one!

Comment

Originally posted by Yakka27 View Post

I'm liking the start of this one!
          no doubt that new rivalries will formulate but nothing can compare to the Nebraska/Oklahoma rivalry for me, even the CU rivalry was not really a rivalry in comparison to Oklahoma, at least for me.

maybe if Nebraska became a national power again they can develop a similar rivalry with another school that was also a national power but i just don't see it happening any time soon.

when the Nebraska/Oklahoma rivalry was at its peak, pretty much every time they faced each other it determined which team would play for a national title.

that's what would need to happen in order to match the old Oklahoma rivalry.
          sigpic

Comment

Nebraska/Oklahoma used to be last game of regular season to which fans would smuggle oranges into the game.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
              no doubt that new rivalries will formulate but nothing can compare to the Nebraska/Oklahoma rivalry for me, even the CU rivalry was not really a rivalry in comparison to Oklahoma, at least for me.

maybe if Nebraska became a national power again they can develop a similar rivalry with another school that was also a national power but i just don't see it happening any time soon.

when the Nebraska/Oklahoma rivalry was at its peak, pretty much every time they faced each other it determined which team would play for a national title.

that's what would need to happen in order to match the old Oklahoma rivalry.
              That will be really hard. The old Big 8 was unique in that atsrting in 1970, and pretty much every year for the next 20 years, they were fighting for the Championship, the Big 8 AND sometimes for a right to go to the Orange Bowl and a National Ch.

Plus, you had the two biggest, most larger than life, polar opposites in coaches Switzer and Osborne.

Then, to top it off, it was played on Thanksgiving day, or the day after, giving it a stage to all the world.

Gonna be a long 7 years before we see each other again.
              sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

On a similiar subject, at least this Semi-Rivalry is coming back!http://www.dailycamera.com/sports/ci...huskers-play-4
                sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

Working...
                X