Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National signing day!

Big Day for our schools boys

and it looks like Tennessee's new HFC is cleaning up pretty nicely so far .... waiting for a few big names today

VONN BELL!

GO VOLS!
    sigpic
    -------

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    Big Day for our schools boys

and it looks like Tennessee's new HFC is cleaning up pretty nicely so far .... waiting for a few big names today

VONN BELL!

GO VOLS!
    You consider a non top 25 recruiting class cleaning up? Man standards have dropped tremendously since Fullmer left.

My Auburn Tigers are doing a decent job saving a class since Chizik was fired.

And how about Ole Miss? Who knew that was a top level football program and a place kids can't wait to go play for???? I smell something fishy.
    sigpic

Comment

In fact according to Scout.com Tennessee is currently the 12th ranked school in the SEC out of 14.

Yeah 36 in the country is nice but these days it's how you compare to the rest of the SEC. 12th is pretty bad.

That's the one funny thing about Ole Miss' recruiting class. ESPNU pointed out that it's currently #9 in the country but #6 in the SEC which translates to still being a middle of the pack SEC school.
      sigpic

Comment

No big names like Alshon Jeffrey, Stephon Gilmore, Marcus Lattimore, or Jadeveon Cowney this year, but my Gamecocks have pulled in a very nice solid and underrated class with very high rated 4 and 3 star players.. We have such a great coaching staff, no staff in the NATION does more with less like South Carolina.. We constantly finish middle of the pack in recruiting in the SEC but we are 1 of 2 teams in the SEC and 1 of 4 teams in the NATION that has won 11 games the past two years in a row being in elite company with Alabama. We are only 1 of 4 teams to have beat Alabama since 2010 during a span they have won 2 Titles. When we do get 5 star recruits, they become elite at their positions, and when we get 3 and 4 star players they become damn good starters, and we rarely have recruiting bust.. So I have faith we put together another good class.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_23 View Post
          No big names like Alshon Jeffrey, Stephon Gilmore, Marcus Lattimore, or Jadeveon Cowney this year, but my Gamecocks have pulled in a very nice solid and underrated class with very high rated 4 and 3 star players.. We have such a great coaching staff, no staff in the NATION does more with less like South Carolina.. We constantly finish middle of the pack in recruiting in the SEC but we are 1 of 2 teams in the SEC and 1 of 4 teams in the NATION that has won 11 games the past two years in a row being in elite company with Alabama. We are only 1 of 4 teams to have beat Alabama since 2010 during a span they have won 2 Titles. When we do get 5 star recruits, they become elite at their positions, and when we get 3 and 4 star players they become damn good starters, and we rarely have recruiting bust.. So I have faith we put together another good class.
          South Carolina has had a top 13 recruiting class 4 of the past 6 years. I wouldn't exactly call that doing more with less.

Oh and my Auburn Tigers are one of those 3 teams to beat Bama since 2010.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
            In fact according to Scout.com Tennessee is currently the 12th ranked school in the SEC out of 14.

Yeah 36 in the country is nice but these days it's how you compare to the rest of the SEC. 12th is pretty bad.

That's the one funny thing about Ole Miss' recruiting class. ESPNU pointed out that it's currently #9 in the country but #6 in the SEC which translates to still being a middle of the pack SEC school.
            ive read that we are making a push for a top 15 class, weve already stole/inked 4 star QB Dobbs from ASU

hopefully get #1 Sin vonn bell, and expecting a couple 4 star WRs i believe

we were ranked 40th before Jones took over under Dookey
            sigpic
            -------

Comment

osu got bell ... big time bummer
              sigpic
              -------

Comment

And Tennessee just lost Vonn Bell to Meyer.
                sigpic

Comment

And Tennessee just lost Vonn Bell to Meyer.
                  ya that was huge dissapointment, we did end up with 4* DE Jason Carr

and were still creeping up the rankings currently 22 via Rivals
                  sigpic
                  -------

Comment

South Carolina has had a top 13 recruiting class 4 of the past 6 years. I wouldn't exactly call that doing more with less.

Oh and my Auburn Tigers are one of those 3 teams to beat Bama since 2010.
                    Are you serious, Alshon was the lone big name in his class, Stephon Gilmore in his, Lattimore in his, and Clowney in his.. We had 1 five star player sign with us in each of the last four years with none this year, with a few 4 stars and a bunch of 2 and 3 stars..

Getting 1 five star player in a class will pretty much almost guarantee a top 25-15 finish depending on how many quality 3 stars you sign. As far as the winning teams in the nation and in the SEC which we almost finish middle of the pack in recruiting, we do more with less..

We never out recruit FLA, UGA, BAMA, LSU, or Auburn, but we either finish above, beat, or compete with each team until the bitter end of the season for the past 4 years.

Our Instate rival Clemson, has been out recruiting us as well, but we beat them 4 years in a row, and they are the "Best team in the ACC??" really?? Southern Cal, don't get me started on them.. We finished top 10 for two years straight, and haven't had a top 5 or top 10 recruiting class like the rest of those top ten schools.

UGA, BAMA, FLA, and LSU pull at least 3-5 five starts, 7-15 four stars a year consistently.. yet the only team we haven't beat in the last four years has been LSU and we lost by 1 point. IJS.. call me bias, but I feel we have one of the best coaching staffs in college football.
                    Last edited by Captain_23; 02-06-2013, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                      ya that was huge dissapointment, we did end up with 4* DE Jason Carr

and were still creeping up the rankings currently 22 via Rivals
                      Yeah between Rivals, Scout and ESPN nothing is consistent. Kind of shows you how overrated recruiting can be. But it does help to have a top class.

Auburn signed ESPN #2 overall Carl Lawson. On Scout.com he is #77 overall. Huge difference.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_23 View Post
                        Are you serious, Alshon was the lone big name in his class, Stephon Gilmore in his, Lattimore in his, and Clowney in his.. We had 1 five star player sign with us in each of the last four years with none this year, with a few 4 stars and a bunch of 2 and 3 stars.. Getting 1 five star player in a class will pretty much almost guarantee a top 25-15 finish depending on how many quality 3 stars you sign. As far as the winning teams in the nation and in the SEC which we almost finish middle of the pack in recruiting, we do more with less.. We never out recruit FLA, UGA, BAMA, LSU, or Auburn, but we either finish above, beat, or compete with each team until the bitter end of the season for the past 4 years. Our Instate rival Clemson, has been out recruiting us as well, but we beat them 4 years in a row, and they are the "Best team in the ACC??" really?? Southern Cal, don't get me started on them.. We finished top 10 for two years straight, and haven't had a top 5 or top 10 recruiting class like the rest of those top ten schools. UGA, BAMA, FLA, and LSU pull at least 3-5 five starts, 7-15 four stars a year consistently.. yet the only team we haven't beat in the last four years has been LSU and we lost by 1 point. IJS.. call me bias, but I feel we have one of the best coaching staffs in college football.
                        Sorry but I don't bother reading posts when it's all grouped together and jumbled like this.
                        sigpic

Comment

Sorry but I don't bother reading posts when it's all grouped together and jumbled like this.
                          lol, oh you one of those people huh?? smh do you need a thesis statement and a conclusion as well professor?

Comment

Yeah between Rivals, Scout and ESPN nothing is consistent. Kind of shows you how overrated recruiting can be. But it does help to have a top class.

Auburn signed ESPN #2 overall Carl Lawson. On Scout.com he is #77 overall. Huge difference.
                            absolutely ... just like the nfl draft its an inexact science.
                            sigpic
                            -------

Comment

Are you serious, Alshon was the lone big name in his class, Stephon Gilmore in his, Lattimore in his, and Clowney in his.. We had 1 five star player sign with us in each of the last four years with none this year, with a few 4 stars and a bunch of 2 and 3 stars..

Getting 1 five star player in a class will pretty much almost guarantee a top 25-15 finish depending on how many quality 3 stars you sign. As far as the winning teams in the nation and in the SEC which we almost finish middle of the pack in recruiting, we do more with less..

We never out recruit FLA, UGA, BAMA, LSU, or Auburn, but we either finish above, beat, or compete with each team until the bitter end of the season for the past 4 years.

Our Instate rival Clemson, has been out recruiting us as well, but we beat them 4 years in a row, and they are the "Best team in the ACC??" really?? Southern Cal, don't get me started on them.. We finished top 10 for two years straight, and haven't had a top 5 or top 10 recruiting class like the rest of those top ten schools.

UGA, BAMA, FLA, and LSU pull at least 3-5 five starts, 7-15 four stars a year consistently.. yet the only team we haven't beat in the last four years has been LSU and we lost by 1 point. IJS.. call me bias, but I feel we have one of the best coaching staffs in college football.

Comment

Working...
                              X