Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

National signing day!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Captain_23 View Post
    Are you serious, Alshon was the lone big name in his class, Stephon Gilmore in his, Lattimore in his, and Clowney in his.. We had 1 five star player sign with us in each of the last four years with none this year, with a few 4 stars and a bunch of 2 and 3 stars..

    Getting 1 five star player in a class will pretty much almost guarantee a top 25-15 finish depending on how many quality 3 stars you sign. As far as the winning teams in the nation and in the SEC which we almost finish middle of the pack in recruiting, we do more with less..

    We never out recruit FLA, UGA, BAMA, LSU, or Auburn, but we either finish above, beat, or compete with each team until the bitter end of the season for the past 4 years.

    Our Instate rival Clemson, has been out recruiting us as well, but we beat them 4 years in a row, and they are the "Best team in the ACC??" really?? Southern Cal, don't get me started on them.. We finished top 10 for two years straight, and haven't had a top 5 or top 10 recruiting class like the rest of those top ten schools.

    UGA, BAMA, FLA, and LSU pull at least 3-5 five starts, 7-15 four stars a year consistently.. yet the only team we haven't beat in the last four years has been LSU and we lost by 1 point. IJS.. call me bias, but I feel we have one of the best coaching staffs in college football.
    It's really not that hard to post like this man. I'm not a grammer police or anything. But it's really annoying to try to read and figure out what the point of the post is. It's just tiresome.

    But it's a good post and good points man. I never said they didn't have a good coaching staff. But they've had some pretty high classes. And to say it's only due to 1-2 5 star players doesn't exempt it. Outside of the Texas, Bamas, and Ohio States of the world most of the rest of the top 25 consists of those kind of classes.

    My point was it was just a little bit of an exaggeration on doing more with less. I would say Chip Kelly or Chris Peterson do just as much with less than South Carolina.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
      It's really not that hard to post like this man. I'm not a grammer police or anything. But it's really annoying to try to read and figure out what the point of the post is. It's just tiresome.

      But it's a good post and good points man. I never said they didn't have a good coaching staff. But they've had some pretty high classes. And to say it's only due to 1-2 5 star players doesn't exempt it. Outside of the Texas, Bamas, and Ohio States of the world most of the rest of the top 25 consists of those kind of classes.

      My point was it was just a little bit of an exaggeration on doing more with less. I would say Chip Kelly or Chris Peterson do just as much with less than South Carolina.
      My boys just signed Skai Moore 4 star Linebacker out of Ft. Lauderdale, Fla... Good pick up, although I wish we could have gotten LB Yannick Ngakoue from Maryland.. That boy has an NFL body already and very, very athletic and fast with great ball skills its crazy how good he is. Dude, you see what Ole Miss is doing though??

      Comment


      • #18
        Auburn is tearing it up today.

        Carl Lawson flipped from Ole Miss to Auburn.

        Montravious Adams signed today.


        And ESPN just announced the first of the Alexander twins is headed to the plains. Come on Mackenro join him!!
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Captain_23 View Post
          My boys just signed Skai Moore 4 star Linebacker out of Ft. Lauderdale, Fla... Good pick up, although I wish we could have gotten LB Yannick Ngakoue from Maryland.. That boy has an NFL body already and very, very athletic and fast with great ball skills its crazy how good he is. Dude, you see what Ole Miss is doing though??
          Um yeah I call BS on their recruiting class. Ole Miss is not a desireable landing spot for the nations top recruits.

          This sounds like the SMU recruiting class in the 80's. Could all come back on them in 3-5 years.

          Nkemdiche I can see because of his brother being there already. And Conner makes a little sense since he is from Mississippi. But the rest makes zero sense. How is Ole Mi$$ pulling recruits from around the country?
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #20
            My bad we already got Mackenroe. We want Mackenzie now!!
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #21
              Damnit Clemson got him. So the wrong Tigers got the better of the two.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #22
                Yeah Auburn, building a D line to compete with BAMA oline lol.. its like they putting class together just for BAMA and their constant signing of 300+ lb 5 star olineman every year. But I get what your saying though.. I don't know how Ole Miss doing it.. They also might get the #1 WR, they are favored to land him, they signed the #1 and #3 Offensive Tackles too.. Something is fishy, but hey I guess the coach got a plan, get an NFL job before sanctions come down just like Pete Carroll lol

                Comment


                • #23
                  Alex Collins backing out of Arkansas today... Take that Bielema!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Actually it looks like Alex Collins' crazy mom has stolen his LOI because she does not approve of him going to Arkansas.

                    Wow!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Yakka27 View Post
                      Alex Collins backing out of Arkansas today... Take that Bielema!
                      Originally posted by Yakka27 View Post
                      Actually it looks like Alex Collins' crazy mom has stolen his LOI because she does not approve of him going to Arkansas.

                      Wow!
                      Kid is 18. He doesn't need her approval. He will still end up at Arkansas with Beilema.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                        Kid is 18. He doesn't need her approval. He will still end up at Arkansas with Beilema.
                        I'm aware of this, funny story though.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Yakka27 View Post
                          I'm aware of this, funny story though.
                          I agree. It caught my attention. Just referencing the point where you were taking a shot at Beilema.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            How's Florida & LSU doing?
                            "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                              How's Florida & LSU doing?
                              Each in the top 10. Not really any surprising major signings today. But overall long haul top classes as usual.
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Come on Eddie Vanderdoes.... UCLA offers you nothing compared to us.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X