Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Many Nebraska Cornhuskers Are In The House?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How Many Nebraska Cornhuskers Are In The House?

    How many of you are nebraska cornhuskers fans? How did you become a fan?
    :usa:***GOD BLESS OUR MEN AND WOMEN IN THE ARMED FORCES***:usa:

  • #2
    I believe there is only 2 or three of us that I can remember.

    Born in Scottsbluff it comes by birth.

    My earliest memory is at 6 years old and my Dad yelling at the TV, "Their gonna win TWO IN A ROW!" Funny how things come back, I had Red dress pants I was sure proud of wearing, and I.M. Hipp was my favorite player.

    Got to meet Dr. Osborne a couple of times. That 95 team was a Juggernaut!

    Its slowly coming back under Pelini, but he better get control of that Defense this year!
    sigpicoh YEAH?

    Comment


    • #3
      i am a husker fan too
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        I have family in Scottsbluff so it came pretty naturally.

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm not really a fan, but I played football with Tommy Armstrong Jr way back when

          Comment


          • #6
            I'm a huskers fan. Grew up in South Dakota. My formative years were the 80s and well the only college football we got for sure every week was a huskers game and whatever game was broadcast. It sure wasn't like it is now. I watched most games on a fuzzy 13" black and white TV. Thankfully they used to always put what team was wearing what color uniforms. So when they showed up as dark gray or black, I knew they were in red jerseys. :0)
            Ahhh the good ole days.

            Comment


            • #7
              Some BAD defense last night, but ask K State if a win is as win! LOL!
              http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/cont...eed-on-defense
              sigpicoh YEAH?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Axemaster View Post
                Some BAD defense last night, but ask K State if a win is as win! LOL!
                http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/cont...eed-on-defense
                yeah, that was straight up BRUTAL!

                that was pretty much a loss as far am i am concerned and yes i am very concerned. unless some things change in a hurry, we will see some blow out losses again this year i'm afraid.

                BO better be gone if that happens, this is his last chance to show improvement in my eyes, this crap isn't cutting it after 5 years (will be 6 after this season)

                no more excuses!
                Last edited by baphamet; 09-01-2013, 02:43 PM.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  And the crazy thing of it is, DEFENSE is supposed to be Bo's strong suit, but it has gotten WORSE every year! Have they really been recruiting that poorly???

                  Just imagine, if a team like Wyoming, who was 4-8 last year can do that to that D, what will UCLA, Michigan, Northwestern all do to them??? SCARY!

                  Blackshirts my arse.
                  sigpicoh YEAH?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Axemaster View Post
                    And the crazy thing of it is, DEFENSE is supposed to be Bo's strong suit, but it has gotten WORSE every year! Have they really been recruiting that poorly???

                    Just imagine, if a team like Wyoming, who was 4-8 last year can do that to that D, what will UCLA, Michigan, Northwestern all do to them??? SCARY!

                    Blackshirts my arse.
                    exactly, its going to be a rough ride, hopefully BO can figure it out because if not we need to find someone who can.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                      exactly, its going to be a rough ride, hopefully BO can figure it out because if not we need to find someone who can.
                      On the positive side , the Offense looks really good, they have 3 great RBs, they have the best corps of recievers in the Big 10, they need to use them MORE, and the Special teams looked great, especially the new Punter and the Kick returners.

                      The Offense alone should be able to carry them to 9 wins, as usual, but there will be blowouts against the good teams they play, especially against this WEAK Confrence.

                      But for how many more years will just 9 or 10 wins, a Conf. Champ. appearance every once in a while, and a mid level Bowl game fly with everyone? Osbourne is history, so the New Athletic Director might not be so forgiving.

                      Bad thing of it is, its virtually impossible to lure a top notch coach to Lincoln, or Recruits for that matter. So we might not be able to do better!

                      Most likely it will be status quo, untill he has a really bad year.
                      sigpicoh YEAH?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Axemaster View Post
                        On the positive side , the Offense looks really good, they have 3 great RBs, they have the best corps of recievers in the Big 10, they need to use them MORE, and the Special teams looked great, especially the new Punter and the Kick returners.

                        The Offense alone should be able to carry them to 9 wins, as usual, but there will be blowouts against the good teams they play, especially against this WEAK Confrence.

                        But for how many more years will just 9 or 10 wins, a Conf. Champ. appearance every once in a while, and a mid level Bowl game fly with everyone? Osbourne is history, so the New Athletic Director might not be so forgiving.

                        Bad thing of it is, its virtually impossible to lure a top notch coach to Lincoln, or Recruits for that matter. So we might not be able to do better!

                        Most likely it will be status quo, untill he has a really bad year.
                        we can definitely do better in the recruiting department, i think that is by far our biggest issue with BO. yes the offense has some good talent but how is it that a defensive minded coach who has put together some good defenses in the past now seems like the weak link on this team?

                        9 wins and a crappy bowl every year is not going to cut it at Nebraska and that seems to be all we will ever get from BO. but you are right, it isn't going to be easy to get back to where we need to be.

                        but letting BO stick around and constantly embarrassing us against real competition isn't doing us any favors. i know we can do better and i would much rather us try to do better than except 9 win seasons every year only to get blown out by teams like Wisconsin that we should be blowing out on a regular basis.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Well the Blackshirts played a LOT better, granted it was against a team with the longest losing streak in the Country, but it still showed improvement.

                          We will see what they do against UCLA, they owe them one for last year for sure! Over 650 yards!!!!

                          Death to ALL PAC 12 schools!!! LOL
                          sigpicoh YEAH?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            yeah that game was irrelevant as far as i am concerned, we have seen them dominate bad schools before. this week is the true test, if we win then i will be happy and say a win is a win no matter how we get it.

                            if we lose then its situation normal.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Boooooooom!
                              IT'S OK - The F just means Freakin' !!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X