Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    Mississippi State kinda got exposed tonight

Their only win this year is against Auburn.. nice W but that's the only impressive team they've beaten..

Southern Miss
    UAB
    South Alabama
    UT Martin

What the hell kind of out of conference schedule is that????
    Looking at it after today, that is the only thing that might keep them out of playoffs. With the stock of all of the teams they have beaten falling like rocks, their out of conference schedule may sink them when it comes to the playoffs. They may need to Auburn to beat Alabama for them to get back into it. That is assuming they can beat Ole Miss, which after playing like they did today isn't looking too great either. Too many mistakes cost them today's game.

Comment

• Yeah, Mississippi St doesn't need to be in the top four. Florida St is just asking some team to defeat them. Arizona St went down yesterday. Does TCU fall out of the top four as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
        Melvin Gordon broke tomlinsons record, holy cow

Edit: and there's still a quarter to play
        Well that didn't last long at all

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
          Well that didn't last long at all
          I laughed so hard when I saw that yesterday. After Ball was on Twitter bragging about Wisconsin running backs.

A Wisconisn guy at work was all happy about it too. So he will be mad now that they didn't play Gordon in the 4th to build cushion.

Difference is all Wisconsin does is run. They stink at the pass. The oklahoma true freshmen did it in an offense that is still designed to pass a good bit.
          sigpic

Comment

• Like I predicted SEC West took care of itself and will now only be able to get one playoff team.

And Auburn nearly made it 0 teams.

No SEc bias people.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
              Like I predicted SEC West took care of itself and will now only be able to get one playoff team.

And Auburn nearly made it 0 teams.

No SEc bias people.
              Yep, I'm real surprised that Ole Miss beat MS State though, without Treadwell and without Sanders for a while. Now watch Missouri beat Alabama and then what? Haha.

Auburn gave Alabama all they wanted. Nobody expected them to go in there and put up 44 points in a lossing effort.

It will be interesting to see who gets the #4 spot this week with Ohio State's QB going down. I would not be surprised if Ohio St losses to Wisconsin though to stir it up some more.

Comment

• Originally posted by DirtDiver View Post
                Yep, I'm real surprised that Ole Miss beat MS State though, without Treadwell and without Sanders for a while. Now watch Missouri beat Alabama and then what? Haha.

Auburn gave Alabama all they wanted. Nobody expected them to go in there and put up 44 points in a lossing effort.

It will be interesting to see who gets the #4 spot this week with Ohio State's QB going down. I would not be surprised if Ohio St losses to Wisconsin though to stir it up some more.
                I'm going to be completely unbiased about this without trying to pat myself on the back. Right now, I don't think Ohio St should be in the top 4 because of Barrett. In fact, I would put Baylor ahead of them now for the same reason. The championship should be decided between the best teams. It's not fair to the other kids on Ohio St's roster, but that's life.

If Ohio St does somehow manage to beat Wisconsin this weekend, then I say they deserve the right to be the 4 seed for 2 reasons: The first is because there is no Big12 championship game. The second is, if OSU can figure out how to beat a team as hot as Wisconsin on one week's notice with a 3rd string quarterback, you'd have to have a lot of nerve to tell them that they don't deserve the right to play for a title.

Comment

• Oh, no doubt that Ohio St will be in the top 4 if they beat Wisconsin. I don't see any of them beating Alabama though.

Comment

• Originally posted by DirtDiver View Post
                    Oh, no doubt that Ohio St will be in the top 4 if they beat Wisconsin. I don't see any of them beating Alabama though.
                    Bama and Oregon have be far and away the two most consistent teams in the country. Thinking about what Mariota can do, I would give Oregon a good chance. I agree about the three potential 4 seeds. Don't see any of them beating Bama. What really baffles me, is what's been going on with Winston. I don't watch a lot of Florida St games, but it's almost like either the rest of the country has figured something out, or he's lost confidence.

Comment

• The entire season has been a struggle for Florida St this year. I've watched a couple of their games and Winston has been hot/cold. But I think they are capable of winning it all again this year.

Bama's QB had a bad half against Auburn Saturday. At one point the announcers were speculating that Sabin might pull him, but he turned it around and they came roaring back.

I'm excited to see how Oregon does against a Florida St or Alabama. The playoffs are going to be very interesting and great for college football, I think. I do wish they would expand them though to something more in tune with what the NFL does. But I don't think the NCAA has the authority to do much with it. I have never liked the idea of polls deciding who plays for what. It should be decided on the field.

Comment

• Wow! TCU went from #3 to out of the playoffs in 5 days? Strange things indeed.

Comment

• good job ohio st.!! to hell with those badgers!!!

i think ohio st. might be the best team in the country no matter who is at QB, definitely better than baylor or TCU IMO
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                            good job ohio st.!! to hell with those badgers!!!

i think ohio st. might be the best team in the country no matter who is at QB, definitely better than baylor or TCU IMO
                            Best team in the country? Come on now you don't believe that.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                              Best team in the country? Come on now you don't believe that.
                              it certainly appears that way, we will find out for sure though.
                              sigpic

Comment

• The best team in the country is currently ranked #1. And I really do hate that. Ohio St is in for a rude awakening in New Orleans.

Comment

Working...
                                X