No announcement yet.

What a bananas weekend...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the committee makes some head scratching moves. In a week where TCU wins 55-3 they are told two teams did enough to be better than them? All in all it is evidently clear the committee is just there to generate page clicks until the last week, although we already knew that. Although if I'm the Big 12 I'm pretty mad.

Also the best team is sitting at #2
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Yeah the fact TCU got left out is a joke. Their one loss came to a good Baylor team on the road. But they fall down the rankings after doing what they were supposed to do is a joke.

all I see is now doesn't matter what you do if your conference doesn't have a championship game you are not getting in. So the only logic that makes sense would be since there is a co champ in the big 12 neither team gets in.

Big 12 should just add a pair of garbage teams to get a championship game and it would make their schedule easier as it won't be a round robin type schedule.

Adopted Broncos:
      (2011-2013) Eric Decker
      (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
      (2019-Current) Drew Lock
      Adopted posters:
      Everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
        Yeah the fact TCU got left out is a joke. Their one loss came to a good Baylor team on the road. But they fall down the rankings after doing what they were supposed to do is a joke.

all I see is now doesn't matter what you do if your conference doesn't have a championship game you are not getting in. So the only logic that makes sense would be since there is a co champ in the big 12 neither team gets in.

Big 12 should just add a pair of garbage teams to get a championship game and it would make their schedule easier as it won't be a round robin type schedule.
        It's classic what have you done for me lately syndrome.

Comment

Yeah the fact TCU got left out is a joke. Their one loss came to a good Baylor team on the road. But they fall down the rankings after doing what they were supposed to do is a joke.

The lack of a conference championship was the coup de grace for the Big12 IMO also. The committee lacked some foresight, because they set themselves up for ridicule by placing TCU ahead of Florida St last week. When TCU came out as 3, I told myself that Ohio St was done, because it looked to me like they were protecting TCU by using Florida St as a gate keeper to the top 4. But then Ohio St went out and beat Wisconsin 59-0, and nobody else lost. In that sense they kind of screwed themselves.

End of the day, the committee has set a standard. If your last game of the season is a home game against the likes of Iowa St, you won't control your own destiny. Not unless you're undefeated. I get why they're not, but they should've let Baylor and TCU play each other in a bowl game. The winner can rightfully argue that they were screwed if Ohio State gets killed by Bama, and the loser can shut up for a year.
          Last edited by Spice 1; 12-08-2014, 09:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DirtDiver View Post
            The best team in the country is currently ranked #1. And I really do hate that. Ohio St is in for a rude awakening in New Orleans.
            Wouldn't be the first time. lol.

Comment

• Fallout is always interesting:

Here's Briles on being kept out:

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/eye-...ittee?v=1&vc=1

Also, one of the connections listed is Tom Osborne, and well I'll just leave this here:

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...58&src=desktop

Not saying the committee wasn't justified in their rankings, just found it interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                The lack of a conference championship was the coup de grace for the Big12 IMO also. The committee lacked some foresight, because they set themselves up for ridicule by placing TCU ahead of Florida St last week. When TCU came out as 3, I told myself that Ohio St was done, because it looked to me like they were protecting TCU by using Florida St as a gate keeper to the top 4. But then Ohio St went out and beat Wisconsin 59-0, and nobody else lost. In that sense they kind of screwed themselves.

End of the day, the committee has set a standard. If your last game of the season is a home game against the likes of Iowa St, you won't control your own destiny. Not unless you're undefeated. I get why they're not, but they should've let Baylor and TCU play each other in a bowl game. The winner can rightfully argue that they were screwed if Ohio State gets killed by Bama, and the loser can shut up for a year.
                I see it this way.

TCU lost to Baylor
                Ohio ST lost to VT
                Bama lost to Ole miss
                Oregon lost to Arizona

So the reason TCU was ahead was because they deserved to be there period. The reason for falling out was a stupid reason. Ohio ST lost to a lesser opponent than TCU did. Baylor was the best team out of those 4 teams listed. TCU did nothing to drop a team moving over them with a loss to a VT team is laughable at best. The people in charge screwed up.

Doing a what have you done lately is a bogus way of going about it. Why? Because you are finding the best team this season guess what a season consist of. A whole slate of games and losing any is detrimental to you and Ohio state lost to a not so good VT team. You know a team that finished 6-6. TCU lost to a team that was 11-1.

So I'm sorry but in no way is a team that lost to a 6-6 a better team than a team that lost to a 11-1 team.

Adopted Broncos:
                (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                Adopted posters:
                Everyone

Comment

• Defending National Champions, 29 Straight Wins, Back to Back UNDEFEATED seasons and 3 consecutive ACC Championships .... you would think stats like this belong to the #1 team in the Nation right?

WRONG!!!!!

I would LOVE ... LOVE for someone to explain to me how a team with the above mentioned falls into 3rd place? I thought the new Playoff format for NCAA was supposed to take the objectivity OUT of the rankings, not make it even more objective.

I read that FSU is #3 because some of their wins weren't as convincing as they should of been and that FSU had to play come back a few times? Seriously???

This is why I absolutely despise College Football, it's not about who is the best ... it's about who other people think are the best.

With that said .... GO NOLES!
                  sigpic

Comment

I see it this way.

TCU lost to Baylor
                    Ohio ST lost to VT
                    Bama lost to Ole miss
                    Oregon lost to Arizona

So the reason TCU was ahead was because they deserved to be there period. The reason for falling out was a stupid reason. Ohio ST lost to a lesser opponent than TCU did. Baylor was the best team out of those 4 teams listed. TCU did nothing to drop a team moving over them with a loss to a VT team is laughable at best. The people in charge screwed up.

Doing a what have you done lately is a bogus way of going about it. Why? Because you are finding the best team this season guess what a season consist of. A whole slate of games and losing any is detrimental to you and Ohio state lost to a not so good VT team. You know a team that finished 6-6. TCU lost to a team that was 11-1.

So I'm sorry but in no way is a team that lost to a 6-6 a better team than a team that lost to a 11-1 team.

What was TCU's best win? Oklahoma? Meanwhile Ohio St destroyed a top ten Michigan St on the road, beat a top 25 Minnesota on the road & finally dismantled a top 15 Wisconsin on a neutral field. TCU doesn't even have a argument imo. They should have beat Baylor. Did I mention Ohio St is on their third string QB? Finally , the big 12 should have a conference championship instead of TCU finishing with a two win Iowa St they could have earned their way in like other conference champions. That said Ohio St is one and done in the playoff but they're still better than TCU or Baylor.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                      What was TCU's best win? Oklahoma? Meanwhile Ohio St destroyed a top ten Michigan St on the road, beat a top 25 Minnesota on the road & finally dismantled a top 15 Wisconsin on a neutral field. TCU doesn't even have a argument imo. They should have beat Baylor. Did I mention Ohio St is on their third string QB? Finally , the big 12 should have a conference championship instead of TCU finishing with a two win Iowa St they could have earned their way in like other conference champions. That said Ohio St is one and done in the playoff but they're still better than TCU or Baylor.
                      You mean the Minnosota team that TCU already beat??? The Michigan state that was 8th when they lost to Ohio st... O wait Kansas St was 7th when TCU beat them plus a 4th ranked Oklahoma team... So Ohio st losing to a 6-6 team is so much better than losing to a 11-1 team...

In the end letting people choose came down to 1 thing. Money. What fan base has a better traveling group. Ohio St has a great traveling fan base compared to TCU or Baylor therefore money talked because opponent wise TCU knocked off more ranked opponents and lost to the better team. Therefore money talks and that was what decided who made it just like the bowl games. When it comes to filling them they look for the best way to bring in income.

Adopted Broncos:
                      (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                      (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                      (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                      Adopted posters:
                      Everyone

Comment

You mean the Minnosota team that TCU already beat??? The Michigan state that was 8th when they lost to Ohio st... O wait Kansas St was 7th when TCU beat them plus a 4th ranked Oklahoma team... So Ohio st losing to a 6-6 team is so much better than losing to a 11-1 team...

In the end letting people choose came down to 1 thing. Money. What fan base has a better traveling group. Ohio St has a great traveling fan base compared to TCU or Baylor therefore money talked because opponent wise TCU knocked off more ranked opponents and lost to the better team. Therefore money talks and that was what decided who made it just like the bowl games. When it comes to filling them they look for the best way to bring in income.
                        You're taking into account of where the teams were ranked at the time of those games. Oklahoma was never close to a 4th ranked team you & I both know that. Meanwhile Michigan St remains a top 10 team. Also take into account that Ohio St lost Braxton before the season, Barrett became a great but that took time, he is a redshirt. I just don't think TCU has an argument. TCU's win against Kansas was almost as ugly as OSU's loss to Virginia Tech imo. OSU has the better wins Mich St & Wisconsin, one on the road, one on a neutral field. I could listen to a Baylor argument though, but they had a very weak out of conference schedule, worse than both TCU & OSU.

Comment

• TCU doesn't ecen deserve to be #5 lol

Baylor beat them... If TCU is still supposedly better than Baylor despite losing to them, what the hell is the incentive to winning?

Comment

• Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
                            TCU doesn't ecen deserve to be #5 lol

Baylor beat them... If TCU is still supposedly better than Baylor despite losing to them, what the hell is the incentive to winning?
                            TCU fell to #6 Baylor is #5. Baylor lost to West Virginia though. So the main argument that can be made is the quality of team they lost to. TCU lost to a good Baylor team. Baylor lost to an average team in West Virginia, and Ohio St lost to an average team in VT.

The Case could be made that Baylor deserves to be in also as they beat a top 6 team. But in the end neither Baylor or TCU has the fan base that travels and money talks. As that is the only valid argument I can see outside of a championship game.

And if it is a championship game Big 12 should just bring in 2 subpar teams to create divisions and make their schedule easier because a round robbin is tougher but you could end up with a co champ. Sad that the Big 12 would have to weaken themselves to have a better shot at getting a team into the playoffs.

Adopted Broncos:
                            (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                            (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                            (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                            Adopted posters:
                            Everyone

Comment

• Weaken? Now you're getting a bit extreme. I mean bringing in Northern Illinois & Toledo would be an upgrade over Kansas and Iowa St when it comes to football. I'll let you in on something, there's the SEC & then theres everyone else. They're all weak compared to the SEC! When the big 12's best teams are Baylor & TCU opposed to Texas & Oklahoma, well the conference is already weak. Just saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                                Weaken? Now you're getting a bit extreme. I mean bringing in Northern Illinois & Toledo would be an upgrade over Kansas and Iowa St when it comes to football. I'll let you in on something, there's the SEC & then theres everyone else. They're all weak compared to the SEC! When the big 12's best teams are Baylor & TCU opposed to Texas & Oklahoma, well the conference is already weak. Just saying.
                                I won't deny that the Big 12 is in a down year. Just a couple of years ago we sent 90% to bowl games. And yeah bringing in 2 subpar teams would weaken it. You could end up with the Big 12 of old where all the good teams are in the south and the bad teams reside in the north. Therefore a team could get by not having to play a some of the better teams inflating their record.

It would also be weakening it in other sports to. While Kansas and Iowa State have been bad in Football they bring it in Basketball. Big 12 has good schools and to just bring in 2 just for a championship game is weakening it. Just looking at the Big 10 the west was really weak. What does that mean? Well those teams win against no ones and move up in ranks. Look at Minn they were ranked and never played anyone outside TCU till their final 3 weeks. Nebraska lost to every ranked team they faced. They don't face every team in the Big 10 so they are able to slip by having to play other teams.

But we will see. If Baylor and TCU both lose than it is a moot point. If they both win than once again this whole playoff thing is flawed like the old system.

Adopted Broncos:
                                (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                                (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                                (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                                Adopted posters:
                                Everyone

Comment

Working...
                                X