No announcement yet.

What a bananas weekend...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technically the big 12 doesn't need to add teams to have a conference game they'd only need to petition and I doubt it would be met with any resistance. I think it has to happen that way no team can get an easy way in. Win your conference championship game and earn it.

Comment

• Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
      Yeah the fact TCU got left out is a joke. Their one loss came to a good Baylor team on the road. But they fall down the rankings after doing what they were supposed to do is a joke.

all I see is now doesn't matter what you do if your conference doesn't have a championship game you are not getting in. So the only logic that makes sense would be since there is a co champ in the big 12 neither team gets in.

Big 12 should just add a pair of garbage teams to get a championship game and it would make their schedule easier as it won't be a round robin type schedule.
      TCU is going to fall to Ole Miss in the Peach Bowl, mark it down.

Comment

• Originally posted by DirtDiver View Post
        TCU is going to fall to Ole Miss in the Peach Bowl, mark it down.
        I'd say Michigan St will take care of Baylor as well. So no harm no foul, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jermz79 View Post
          Defending National Champions, 29 Straight Wins, Back to Back UNDEFEATED seasons and 3 consecutive ACC Championships .... you would think stats like this belong to the #1 team in the Nation right?

WRONG!!!!!

I would LOVE ... LOVE for someone to explain to me how a team with the above mentioned falls into 3rd place? I thought the new Playoff format for NCAA was supposed to take the objectivity OUT of the rankings, not make it even more objective.

I read that FSU is #3 because some of their wins weren't as convincing as they should of been and that FSU had to play come back a few times? Seriously???

This is why I absolutely despise College Football, it's not about who is the best ... it's about who other people think are the best.

With that said .... GO NOLES!
          What they did last year or the year before has no bearing on this season. That said, if a team's record was all that mattered, I'd agree that FSU should be ranked #1. But that isn't how it works. I actually think the rankings are spot on.

Alabama & Oregon will advance to the big dance. Although I do think Winston is the best passer in college football and he if plays like he did Saturday, they could upset Oregon. I think it will be a good game.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
            I'd say Michigan St will take care of Baylor as well. So no harm no foul, right?
            Think so? I don't really know enough about them to call that one.

Comment

Think so? I don't really know enough about them to call that one.
              I mean any given Saturday if you will but yes I've watched both teams this season and I think Michigan St will handle Baylor. I trade them both for a Ohio St win though lol. I'm very interested to see how this Ala vs OSU game goes, to see if Meyer has closed the Ohio St vs SEC gap with all of that SEC recruiting. This Ohio St team has plenty if speed & playmakers but Alabama is the cream of the crop. I just can't wait to see how we stack up, good or bad.

Comment

Technically the big 12 doesn't need to add teams to have a conference game they'd only need to petition and I doubt it would be met with any resistance. I think it has to happen that way no team can get an easy way in. Win your conference championship game and earn it.
                Conferences with championship games have two divisions. If the Big XII had a conference game this year, wouldn't TCU and Baylor have been in the same division, and wouldn't Baylor have played K-State for the championship? That seems to have happened anyway.

The Big XII needs to expand, or change their name to the X Conference. They do need to organize for a championship game since that is what vaulted Ohio State into the playoffs past TCU and Baylor.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I mean any given Saturday if you will but yes I've watched both teams this season and I think Michigan St will handle Baylor. I trade them both for a Ohio St win though lol. I'm very interested to see how this Ala vs OSU game goes, to see if Meyer has closed the Ohio St vs SEC gap with all of that SEC recruiting. This Ohio St team has plenty if speed & playmakers but Alabama is the cream of the crop. I just can't wait to see how we stack up, good or bad.
                  Compared to last year, OSU's defense is like night and day right now. Which is pretty impressive, because they lost their two best players in the draft (depending on where you put Bosa as a freshman). I was calling for Fickell to be fired after last season. Right now they just look way more talented, especially up front.

That said, I think Bosa is going to be better than Roby and Shazier in the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                    Conferences with championship games have two divisions. If the Big XII had a conference game this year, wouldn't TCU and Baylor have been in the same division, and wouldn't Baylor have played K-State for the championship? That seems to have happened anyway.

The Big XII needs to expand, or change their name to the X Conference. They do need to organize for a championship game since that is what vaulted Ohio State into the playoffs past TCU and Baylor.
                    Great post, Sam. I was wondering the same thing.

In the B1G's case, adding Rutgers and Maryland didn't really weaken the conference, as both were bowl eligible. Of course, how you value the B1G before they got there is another story, but I think Sam is right, regardless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                      Great post, Sam. I was wondering the same thing.

In the B1G's case, adding Rutgers and Maryland didn't really weaken the conference, as both were bowl eligible. Of course, how you value the B1G before they got there is another story, but I think Sam is right, regardless.
                      On the one hand, the Big Ten doesn't seem as strong this year, but on the other Baylor had a weak non-conference schedule. Ranking TCU ahead of Baylor was an error.

The recipe for success seems to be conference championship games and strong non-conference games like FSU's, for example.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

What they did last year or the year before has no bearing on this season. That said, if a team's record was all that mattered, I'd agree that FSU should be ranked #1. But that isn't how it works. I actually think the rankings are spot on.

Alabama & Oregon will advance to the big dance. Although I do think Winston is the best passer in college football and he if plays like he did Saturday, they could upset Oregon. I think it will be a good game.
                        ok ... still take into account that even THIS YEAR they are undefeated, ACC champions .... and tell me HOW you rank them below two other teams that have both lost games?

What else matters in rankings besides a teams record? it shouldn't matter how they won the game, if they had to come from behind, if their star QB is a goon, or whatever other lame excuses the committee comes up with, what should matter in rankings is that they won ... period!

Imagine if the NFL based rankings on "how you won or lost" Heck, the Chokeland Raiders might be on their way to the Superbowl right now.

Anyone that can sit here and say that a team like FSU who are the Defending National Champs, Undefeated in back to back seasons, 29 straight wins and 3 times conference champs aren't worthy of the #1 spot because they had to come back a few times is just as biased as the committee making the decisions.
                        sigpic

Comment

This is why I had a problem with the committee putting TCU at #3 just last week. If you are going to place such weight on a Conference Championship, why place a team that was not going to have any chance at being a Conference Champion in the top 4? They should have put Ohio State there last week and then if they lost to Wisconsin vault TCU or Baylor in. But to move a team down 3 spots when they win by 50+ just didn't make sense to me and I understand why people have a problem with it.

Comment

http://fansided.com/2014/12/08/big-1...pionship-game/

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                              This is why I had a problem with the committee putting TCU at #3 just last week. If you are going to place such weight on a Conference Championship, why place a team that was not going to have any chance at being a Conference Champion in the top 4? They should have put Ohio State there last week and then if they lost to Wisconsin vault TCU or Baylor in. But to move a team down 3 spots when they win by 50+ just didn't make sense to me and I understand why people have a problem with it.
                              Part of that having Ohio St out was due to Barrett going down against Michigan. I don't think the committee knew what they were going to get with Ohio St with a third string QB. I do believe Baylor should have been ahead of TCU though.

Comment

• Gary Anderson is leaving Wisconsin for the Oregon State job?

I guess that might explain why the Badgers looked so lost on defense in the Big Ten championship.
                                sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                                Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                                Adopted By:
                                Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                                Broncbeat

Comment

Working...
                                X