What a bananas weekend...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread closed for cleaning.

I'll do a little right now, maybe more later. It might get re-opened tonight. Maybe not.

Happy New Year.

Cleaned and re-opened.
    Last edited by Peanut; 12-31-2014, 05:28 PM.
    Administrator

#Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

#LupusAwarenessMonth

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
      SEC is 4-2 in bowls which is the second best to the PAC-12 who hasn't played many bowls yet.

So don't know how you can jump to somewhat overrated due to 11-1 Big 12 #2 school stomping 9-3
      SEC #5 school. That's what should've happened.

We never win all our bowls. Average year is 6-3 even during the 7 straight title run. Doesn't make us over rated when that's still usually the best bowl record.
      Ole Miss isn't the SEC's fifth best team man.. They're ranked 3rd highest

Behind Mississippi State, who is gonna lose to Georgia Tech lol

After Alabama there's not a single quality team in the SEC. Put any SEC school other than Bama in the Pac12 South this year and their only W is against Boulder.

It's probably just a down year rather than a changing of the guards, but open your eyes man

Comment

• Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
        Ole Miss isn't the SEC's fifth best team man.. They're ranked 3rd highest

Behind Mississippi State, who is gonna lose to Georgia Tech lol

After Alabama there's not a single quality team in the SEC. Put any SEC school other than Bama in the Pac12 South this year and their only W is against Boulder.

It's probably just a down year rather than a changing of the guards, but open your eyes man
        You don't count Auburn?
        What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
        I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
          You don't count Auburn?
          Got stomped by Georgia, struggled against KState who never does well against good teams

Best win they have is a drubbing of LSU. LSU lost to Notre Dame, while Notre Dame got stomped by USC and ASU. I don't like the transitive property argument, but LSU sucks lol

Also lost to true frosh QB at home vs A&M.. Embarrassing

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush
            The issue is the conception that the SEC is head and shoulders above everyone else. They're not, and when anyone claims otherwise people shield themselves behind championships from years ago.
            The bowl record usually backs it up. And still only SEC and PAC 12 have winning bowl records.

But 4-3 is not as good as usual for sec.

I don't hide behind past championships. You act like they were decades ago. It was 7 straight and played for it last year even though we lost.

I actually hope it doesn't happen but if Bama wins the title then the rest of the bowls really don't matter.

I know you didn't say it but I also laugh at SoundsofSuccess claiming all but Bama would have a losing record in the PAC-12. That's hilarious.

Arizona just lost to Boisie today and the three PAC-12 teams that have won had joke matchups. I really do think PAC-12 might be better this year but to claim no one in the sec could win in the PAC-12 is a complete joke
            sigpic

Comment

The bowl record usually backs it up. And still only SEC and PAC 12 have winning bowl records.

But 4-3 is not as good as usual for sec.

I don't hide behind past championships. You act like they were decades ago. It was 7 straight and played for it last year even though we lost.

I actually hope it doesn't happen but if Bama wins the title then the rest of the bowls really don't matter.

I know you didn't say it but I also laugh at SoundsofSuccess claiming all but Bama would have a losing record in the PAC-12. That's hilarious.

Arizona just lost to Boisie today and the three PAC-12 teams that have won had joke matchups. I really do think PAC-12 might be better this year but to claim no one in the sec could win in the PAC-12 is a complete joke
              Essentially anything over 3 is ancient. The turnover ratio of college players just makes it so. Returning talent is what gives the argument credibility. To say a conference deserves merit currently for past actions when the turnover rate of players is ludacris. Is it impressive? Yes, but at the same time has very little bearing on today.

Comment

Essentially anything over 3 is ancient. The turnover ratio of college players just makes it so. Returning talent is what gives the argument credibility. To say a conference deserves merit currently for past actions when the turnover rate of players is ludacris. Is it impressive? Yes, but at the same time has very little bearing on today.
                Uh hello. It's only been two years since the last SEC title. And played for it last year.
                sigpic

Comment

Uh hello. It's only been two years since the last SEC title. And played for it last year.
                  And those hold weight, but the argument the SEC is good because it won 7 years in a row is laughable. Also, by that logic FSU should be the #1 seed.

Comment

And those hold weight, but the argument the SEC is good because it won 7 years in a row is laughable. Also, by that logic FSU should be the #1 seed.
                    I don't really understand your logic for thinking it's laughable though. Empires aren't built in a day. Winning 7 straight has a major impact on recruiting. Look at Ole Miss and Miss st. Ole miss had their best two recruiting classes in history the past two years due to being attached to the SEC.

And look at A&M and Mizzou. People like to act like they came into the SEC and dominated right away. But knowledgable fans would know that those two have also had their best recruiting classes in history since getting attached to the SEC name. They aren't having success with the quality players they used to get. Mizzou was terrible year one in the SEC.

I'm not saying no one else in the country could compete with the SEC. But the name carries a lot of weight and it's due to 7 straight titles. They aren't irrelevant let alone ancient.

And as far as FSU I do think they should be #1. I think it's absurd that the defending champs are the only undefeated team and are all the way down at 4. It's never happened in history. I don't care what the eye test says.

I really can't stand Winston but all the disrespect to FSU almost has me really pulling for them to win it all. That and my best friend is a Noles fan. So since I hate all four teams I'm kind of rooting for them. Oregon next.
                    sigpic

Comment

• SEC is overrated
                      sigpic

Comment

• I think Bama rolls OSU tonight

Comment

I think Bama rolls OSU tonight
                          Probably but the West is 2-4 in bowls. The division that was praised as the best at both levels.

Auburn can't get Muschamp in soon enough. A fourth and 1 goes 52 yards to the house and then 4th and 5 with the game on the line and they give up a first down to the worst QB in a power 5 conference.

But I also think SEC coaches suffer from cockiness. The three playcalls Malzahn had after we held Wisconsin to a FG was a joke. And unnecessary.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Oregon vs Alabama is gonna be CRAZY man

This UO squad is damn good but Bama will be ready..

Actually playing games to determine a champion has me pretty psyched about these games!! Great stuff

Comment

• lol oregon and Bama aren't even past today yet.
                              sigpic

Comment

• FSU RB Cook is gonna be DAMN good one day

Already is good, future is bright for him

Comment

Working...
                                X