No announcement yet.

What a bananas weekend...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well Ole Miss didn't exactly take the top off the Bama defense but they did roll over the tide! Go Rebels!

Comment

• They tried their best to give it away a few times though.

No one looks truly dominate yet this year. It's pretty wide open I think.
      LET 'ER BUCK!!!
      Adopted by: Peanut, Chazoe60, CanDB, RealBronco and JakeNbake

Comment

• Originally posted by DirtDiver View Post
        Well Ole Miss didn't exactly take the top off the Bama defense but they did roll over the tide! Go Rebels!
        You called it. I never thought I would see the day a Saban led team would lose the turnover battle 5-0.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
          You called it. I never thought I would see the day a Saban led team would lose the turnover battle 5-0.
          Yeah, me either. It wasn't just the turnovers though. Also had the ricochet play for TD. Even after all of that Bama had a chance to win the game.

I was really disappointed in Ole Miss's offensive performance though. I just knew Saban was going to be seeing Kelly to Treadwell in his sleep for weeks after this game. But it didn't happen.

Comment

• Wow. That was a huge jump by Ole Miss. 15 to tied for 3rd.
            LET 'ER BUCK!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HurricaneDovs View Post
              Wow. That was a huge jump by Ole Miss. 15 to tied for 3rd.
              That's what happens when you beat #2 on the road.

SEC may be overrated. But I can't exactly say anyone else has a more marquee win this year. I honestly felt they should be ahead of Mich st.
              sigpic

Comment

That's what happens when you beat #2 on the road.

SEC may be overrated. But I can't exactly say anyone else has a more marquee win this year. I honestly felt they should be ahead of Mich st.
                Ole Miss deserved to be #1 IMO. I would actually put OSU at 4 going into the weekend.

Oregon getting waxed by Utah. I guess Michigan may be better than we thought. Could make for an interesting OSU/Michigan matchup down the road. I mean...wow. 62-13? After Kelly gets fired, he could go back to Oregon and fix that situation. Maybe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                  Ole Miss deserved to be #1 IMO. I would actually put OSU at 4 going into the weekend.

Oregon getting waxed by Utah. I guess Michigan may be better than we thought. Could make for an interesting OSU/Michigan matchup down the road. I mean...wow. 62-13? After Kelly gets fired, he could go back to Oregon and fix that situation. Maybe.
                  I don't agree with that on ole miss. They struggled mightily with Vandy at home yesterday. Sure a win is a win. But true #1's don't struggle to beat Vandy at home.
                  sigpic

Comment

I don't agree with that on ole miss. They struggled mightily with Vandy at home yesterday. Sure a win is a win. But true #1's don't struggle to beat Vandy at home.
                    I meant going into the weekend. They had a couple blowouts and the best win of anybody so far. Struggling with Vandy does hurt them though. I agree w/you on that one. Every team looks a little flawed right now. I guess LSU and Georgia are both looking good, but that's about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                      I meant going into the weekend. They had a couple blowouts and the best win of anybody so far. Struggling with Vandy does hurt them though. I agree w/you on that one. Every team looks a little flawed right now. I guess LSU and Georgia are both looking good, but that's about it.
                      Georgia struggled with Vandy worse than Ole Miss

They needed a pick 6 with two minutes to play to ice it. And Vandy was at the Georgia 30 down 8 when they threw it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Georgia struggled with Vandy worse than Ole Miss

They needed a pick 6 with two minutes to play to ice it. And Vandy was at the Georgia 30 down 8 when they threw it.
                        We would be able to say that Vandy is better than expected, but the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers put a stop to that.

You could say that this is one benefit of doing a preseason poll. It gives everyone a reference. It takes the mid majors out of the immediate conversation as well. They'd go crazy if they thought they had a fair shake for beating their usual suspects (insert Ohio State joke here). Sadly, I think the main reason for doing the preseason poll is simply to generate ratings. It is interesting though, how every year there seems to be one or two teams that are the beneficiaries of an extremely generous preseason ranking. Makes you wonder.

Comment

• The Michigan ending was insane. Horrible way to lose.

Comment

• Michigan...lol.

Comment

• Dang. What a crappy way to lose a game.
                              LET 'ER BUCK!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                                The Michigan ending was insane. Horrible way to lose.
                                Unbelievable. And Harbaugh called a time out to make sure they don't turn the ball over. That punter is going to have insomnia for a long time. He should have just fallen on it instead of picking it up and trying to throw it. Did he actually throw it right in the hands of the other team? That's why they say, "it ain't over til it's over."

Harbaugh must be going out of his mind.
                                Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Working...
                                X