No announcement yet.

What a bananas weekend...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After seeing later in the day, I feel for Michigan. He did not get that first down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
      After seeing later in the day, I feel for Michigan. He did not get that first down.
      Duh. But top historical programs get that call all day every day.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
        Duh. But top historical programs get that call all day every day.
        Especially when that team is playing at home. I haven't seen the replay yet, but to me it looked short .

Comment

• Tigers need 7 here.

Comment

• The recipe to beat Alabama hasn't changed. You have to be able to stop the run, and be able to pass the ball (have a athletic QB). I just haven't seen any team that I think can do that. Anything can happen, but it looks like Saban is about to get another title.

Comment

• http://www.espn.com/college-football...state-buckeyes

Harbaugh is not a happy man.
              LET 'ER BUCK!!!
              Adopted by: Peanut, Chazoe60, CanDB, RealBronco and JakeNbake

Comment

• I honestly would've had Washington #2 and Clemson #4. I think the committee dissed Washington over this non conference thing. They dominated for the most part all season, and their one loss was to a team that finished way stronger than they started. USC IMO is right now, the second best team in that conference. The only time Clemson impressed me all season was against Louisville, but we found out that Louisville wasn't all that down the road anyway. Clemson, like Ohio St, could've easily lost three games. Ohio State played better competition.

I think this ultimately comes down to the committee trying to set up Alabama and Ohio State in the championship. Of course, we'll find out if I was right about Ohio State and Clemson when they play each other. In the end though, I think Washington should've been higher.

And I don't like Michigan behind Penn St either. So what if Penn St had a better conference record. Michigan had the same overall record and won the head to head. Better overall record and head to head should determine who plays in the conference championship, IMO, because the conference championship is a determining factor in the overall championship. This is all moot in the end, because Penn St is playing in the Rose Bowl anyway, but it's a principle thing. I think Michigan deserves to play in the Rose Bowl against...USC? Better representative of the B1G.

Comment

• I'm stoked Washington is in but Alabama should win by +17. Been a great ride this season.

Comment

• I can't see anyone beating Alabama.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                      I honestly would've had Washington #2 and Clemson #4. I think the committee dissed Washington over this non conference thing. They dominated for the most part all season, and their one loss was to a team that finished way stronger than they started. USC IMO is right now, the second best team in that conference. The only time Clemson impressed me all season was against Louisville, but we found out that Louisville wasn't all that down the road anyway. Clemson, like Ohio St, could've easily lost three games. Ohio State played better competition.

I think this ultimately comes down to the committee trying to set up Alabama and Ohio State in the championship. Of course, we'll find out if I was right about Ohio State and Clemson when they play each other. In the end though, I think Washington should've been higher.

And I don't like Michigan behind Penn St either. So what if Penn St had a better conference record. Michigan had the same overall record and won the head to head. Better overall record and head to head should determine who plays in the conference championship, IMO, because the conference championship is a determining factor in the overall championship. This is all moot in the end, because Penn St is playing in the Rose Bowl anyway, but it's a principle thing. I think Michigan deserves to play in the Rose Bowl against...USC? Better representative of the B1G.
                      Don't agree with you at all on Penn st and Michigan. If you finish same overall record but better conference record that absolutely should be determine factor on who goes.

Michigan had a worse conference record and overall record than Ohio st. I don't know where you are coming from with Michigan at all. They are irrelevant in who should've won the division. Your argument would've been better suited for Ohio st better overall vs penn st despite losing head to head.

Michigan was completely eliminated.

As for who is ranked higher Penn st has a better overall record now than Michigan.
                      Last edited by DenverBlood; 12-04-2016, 07:07 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Don't agree with you at all on Penn st and Michigan. If you finish same overall record but better conference record that absolutely should be determine factor on who goes.

Michigan had a worse conference record and overall record than Ohio st. I don't know where you are coming from with Michigan at all. They are irrelevant in who should've won the division. Your argument would've been better suited for Ohio st better overall vs penn st despite losing head to head.

Michigan was completely eliminated.

As for who is ranked higher Penn st has a better overall record now than Michigan.
                        Head to head. Michigan annihilated Penn St. Same overall record foregoing the conference championship game. That's why I'd rather see Michigan ranked 5. AS I SAID: I'd rather see Ohio St and then Michigan in the conference championship based on overall record, because conference championship is a factor towards deciding who plays for the overall championship. And conference championship is obviously a significant factor, because they bumped Clemson to #2, and bumped Penn St ahead of Michigan.
                        Last edited by Spice 1; 12-04-2016, 07:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                          Head to head. Michigan annihilated Penn St. Same overall record foregoing the conference championship game. That's why I'd rather see Michigan ranked 5. AS I SAID: I'd rather see Ohio St and then Michigan in the conference championship based on overall record, because conference championship is a factor towards deciding who plays for the overall championship. And conference championship is obviously a significant factor, because they bumped Clemson to #2, and bumped Penn St ahead of Michigan.
                          Right but my point is Michigan is irrelevant in the whole thing because they had a worse conference record than both Ohio st and penn st. So it doesn't matter what Michigan did to penn st when they had a worse conference record.

Now if you want to say Ohio st should've been in for better overall despite losing the head to head that's fine. But you would be the only one who believes that.

As for the final rankings whether you like it or not due to fair tie breaking rules Penn st was conference champs and finished 11-2 compared to Michigans 10-2. So head to head still doesn't matter.

In that situation Penn st should and most likely always will finish ranked higher. As should be the case in all conferences. Conference champ should always be awarded the better bowl.

You ask me the only highway robbery is Ohio st being in the playoff over penn st when penn st beat them head to head and won the conference ship
                          sigpic

Comment

Right but my point is Michigan is irrelevant in the whole thing because they had a worse conference record than both Ohio st and penn st. So it doesn't matter what Michigan did to penn st when they had a worse conference record.

Now if you want to say Ohio st should've been in for better overall despite losing the head to head that's fine. But you would be the only one who believes that.

As for the final rankings whether you like it or not due to fair tie breaking rules Penn st was conference champs and finished 11-2 compared to Michigans 10-2. So head to head still doesn't matter.

In that situation Penn st should and most likely always will finish ranked higher. As should be the case in all conferences. Conference champ should always be awarded the better bowl.

You ask me the only highway robbery is Ohio st being in the playoff over penn st when penn st beat them head to head and won the conference ship
                            Ok, let's take Michigan's final seeding out of the equation, because it's redundant to what I'm saying anyway.

The conference championship game is just a glorified evaluation/playoff game. If you don't have the two best possible teams playing in it, you wind up with higher seeded teams that are either benefitting (OSU) or harmed (MU) by not playing in it.

My focus is not on the context of conference competition, but national competition. Why should in conference competition be a determining factor on your national standing? Why should it matter in the grand scheme of things if Ohio State loses to Penn State instead of Oklahoma? Why should Michigan forfeit that opportunity to the team they beat, simply because they lost to an 8-4 team with a Hawkeye glued to the helmet instead of an 8-4 team with PITT glued to the helmet?

Devaluing non conference games for a non conference qualifier just seems archaic to me. That's all. I'd rather see Ohio St have to play in the conference championship, and then evaluate whether or not Michigan or Penn State is the better team based on what they accomplished in the regular season. There is a criteria for doing that. If you want to throw Penn State in the playoff based on an extra game that still didn't move them ahead of OSU in the evaluation process, then go for it.
                            Last edited by Spice 1; 12-05-2016, 08:24 AM.

Comment

• Michigan no Peppers, and off to a horrible start! The Big 10 isn't looking all that spectacular in the bowl season thus far. Florida St looks to have way more speed on their team.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                                Michigan no Peppers, and off to a horrible start! The Big 10 isn't looking all that spectacular in the bowl season thus far. Florida St looks to have way more speed on their team.
                                I expected Florida st speed to kill Michigan with all the injuries Michigan had.

But it doesn't necessarily mean your boys will be exposed tomorrow.

SEC hasn't been spectacular either though they got back to 3-4 today.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X