CSU-Pueblo 2014 NCAA DII Football Champions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSU-Pueblo 2014 NCAA DII Football Champions

CSU-Pueblo shut out Minnesota State-Mankato 13-0 today in the DII Championship Game. It was the first shut out since University of Northern Colorado won the DII Title in 1997 in a repeat. Congrats to John Wristen and the CSU-Pueblo ThunderWolves for winning it all in just the seventh year of a brand new program. Congrats also to the RMAC, the oldest DII conference.
    Last edited by samparnell; 12-20-2014, 05:44 PM.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Good for them. Maybe Chadron and Kearney left because they saw this coming.
    :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
      Good for them. Maybe Chadron and Kearney left because they saw this coming.
      I think Chadron State is still in the RMAC. Mines had a good season and was in the playoffs. Fort Lewis did what no other team could do, even if it was by one point. Chadron and Mesa also had winning seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
        I think Chadron State is still in the RMAC. Mines had a good season and was in the playoffs. Fort Lewis did what no other team could do, even if it was by one point. Chadron and Mesa also had winning seasons.
        What did Ft. Lewis do?
        sigpic

Comment

What did Ft. Lewis do?
          It was CSU-Pueblo's only regular season loss by one point at Durango. That's why CSU-Pueblo, 8-1, and Mines, 8-1, were co-champs even though Mines' only loss was to the ThunderWolves.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
            It was CSU-Pueblo's only regular season loss by one point at Durango. That's why CSU-Pueblo, 8-1, and Mines, 8-1, were co-champs even though Mines' only loss was to the ThunderWolves.
            Ah. If I remember correctly Western played a close game against them in Gunnison too but ended up losing in a high scoring game. Or maybe not, I checked some boxscores but didnt follow them too closely this year.
            sigpic

Comment

Ah. If I remember correctly Western played a close game against them in Gunnison too but ended up losing in a high scoring game. Or maybe not, I checked some boxscores but didnt follow them too closely this year.
              Right. Western State lost to CSU-Pueblo 23-26 in Gunnison.

Comment

Working...
              X