Oregon Ducks vs. Ohio State Buckeyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oregon Ducks vs. Ohio State Buckeyes

It's Oregon vs. OSU in the CFP National Championship. Who are you pulling for?
    I'm pulling for my Buckeyes, but Oregon is GOOD. And when Urban Meyer found out about the Rose Bowl rout, he said, "We gotta get ready for them now." It was meant as a joke, but he knew he had to give them the practice of a lifetime if they're to come out of this champions.

It's also going to be interesting in the Broncos DB room, as T.J Ward and Bradley Roby could be watching the game. If you didn't know, Ward came from the Ducks, and Roby came from the Buckeyes.

i want Oregon to win but won't really mind if ohio st wins either. just glad there isn't an SEC team in the national championship

the SEC still has the best players but it takes more than good talent to win championships.
    sigpic

Comment

Can't wait to see Fisher vs Bosa matchup
      What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
      I don't know and I don't care

Comment

First off Hello, I have read these boards for a few years now but just never registered.

Second, I am currently watching this game (I am not a huge college fan but I am trying to get more into it) but I just saw C. Jones, QB of Ohio scramble and drop his shoulder to get a first down. I have to say I like that he will lay a hit. He looked to have knocked the mlb back a step. I like his toughness. He is also really big. What do we think of him, when is he "ready for draft"? Could he possibly available next year if Brock does not work out?

Comment

Elliot RB for OSU is not a man, but THE man

Unstoppable at the point of contact even

Comment

That said, Oregon's tackling has been appalling all night

Comment

If Oregon doesn't get a TD here, it is over

Comment

Terrible mental game by Oregon

Penalties, couldn't tackle.. Beat themselves just as bad as Ohio State beat them

Comment

Congrats Ohio State

Comment

props to Ohio State and their fans....but Urban Meyer is still a liar in my eyes...
                    I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

Originally posted by assassin216 View Post
                      props to Ohio State and their fans....but Urban Meyer is still a liar in my eyes...
                      Because they rhyme?
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I'm not a big fan of Meyer either but let's not sit here and pretend like he is the first coach in history to come out of retirement.

I forgave him a little bit two weeks ago when he took down Saban. Meyer is now only 1 national title short. Both have won at multiple schools. But Meyer is 2-1 against Saban.
                        sigpic

Comment

That was a heck of a run by Ohio State: 59-0 over Wisconsin; 42-35 over Alabama; 42-20 over Oregon.

The decisions by the seeding committee seem to have been justified.

An eight team playoff just adds one more week. I wonder if they'll ever do that? Had they done so this year, it would have included Baylor, TCU, Mississippi State and Michigan State, I believe. That would have been interesting.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I actually don't even think it has to be 8. This year only needed 6 where Bama and Oregon would get a bye.

Yes technically Mich st beat Baylor on a comeback but their record was 10-2.

So 6 teams gets all the teams with the same record.

Round 1 you have Florida st host TCU and Ohio st host Baylor.

My guess is after that TCU would go to Bama and Ohio st would play Oregon.

National championship probably still ends up in Ohio st but at least TCU and Baylor get a shot.

And I'm flexible on the games being hosted or neutral.

So this year they probably got it right in terms of champion. But at least there would be 0 doubt with TCU.
                            sigpic

Comment

Based on how the team looked all season, I never saw this 3 game streak coming. I didn't think they'd run the ball so easily on Oregon either. Should've known better after how they ran it on Bama though. The crazy takeaway from last nights game, for me, is that while the game was competitive, OSU was -4 in turnovers. When you're -4 and still ahead by 22, that's a beat down up front.

Comment

Working...
                              X