X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drgiggles
    replied
    Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
    That, and I've never been impressed with Mariota. I'm not a football scout, and wouldn't even pretend to be in this case, but I just don't see it.

With Miller trying to move to tail back, it's looking like Jones could be our guy this year. Can't say I disagree with that notion. I think Miller wants to play in the league. He could've transferred and likely had great success, but he's not an NFL QB IMO. Just not sure if his body will hold up.
    Barrett may not be ready to go, and in my opinion after seeing Cardale's performance on the national stage last year; Urban Meyer may have a tough time justifying not playing Jones.

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    Originally posted by drgiggles View Post
    Finally, a realist. Absolutely a -4 ratio should have looked like a +20 point swing in the other direction. As you said, it speaks volumes to Ohio States defense and both offensive and defensive lines of scrimmage control. I also, as a Buckeye die hard, will concede that Oreogon played terrible mentally and really helped the Buckeyes. They were a solid team all year but just didn't play up to par against an on a flaming hot run of a "buzzsaw" team in Ohio State.
    That, and I've never been impressed with Mariota. I'm not a football scout, and wouldn't even pretend to be in this case, but I just don't see it.

With Miller trying to move to tail back, it's looking like Jones could be our guy this year. Can't say I disagree with that notion. I think Miller wants to play in the league. He could've transferred and likely had great success, but he's not an NFL QB IMO. Just not sure if his body will hold up.

Leave a comment:

• drgiggles
    replied
    Based on how the team looked all season, I never saw this 3 game streak coming. I didn't think they'd run the ball so easily on Oregon either. Should've known better after how they ran it on Bama though. The crazy takeaway from last nights game, for me, is that while the game was competitive, OSU was -4 in turnovers. When you're -4 and still ahead by 22, that's a beat down up front.
    Finally, a realist. Absolutely a -4 ratio should have looked like a +20 point swing in the other direction. As you said, it speaks volumes to Ohio States defense and both offensive and defensive lines of scrimmage control. I also, as a Buckeye die hard, will concede that Oreogon played terrible mentally and really helped the Buckeyes. They were a solid team all year but just didn't play up to par against an on a flaming hot run of a "buzzsaw" team in Ohio State.

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    It was your typical Oregon not showing up against the Big Boys game. Didn't surprise me one bit really.

I'm just glad Ohio st proved Oregon couldn't match up with an NFL team. They weren't even the best college team.
    Can't stand the idea that collegiate teams could compete with or defeat NFL teams. Not only is it irrational, but it's completely disrespectful to the NFL players. Now when people say that a team like Kentucky could beat the 76ers. I don't necessarily agree with that, but the 6ers organization deserves the criticism for tanking like they have.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Based on how the team looked all season, I never saw this 3 game streak coming. I didn't think they'd run the ball so easily on Oregon either. Should've known better after how they ran it on Bama though. The crazy takeaway from last nights game, for me, is that while the game was competitive, OSU was -4 in turnovers. When you're -4 and still ahead by 22, that's a beat down up front.
    It was your typical Oregon not showing up against the Big Boys game. Didn't surprise me one bit really.

I'm just glad Ohio st proved Oregon couldn't match up with an NFL team. They weren't even the best college team.

Leave a comment:

• assassin216
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Because they rhyme?
    Just a bitter Gator fan

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    I actually don't even think it has to be 8. This year only needed 6 where Bama and Oregon would get a bye.

Yes technically Mich st beat Baylor on a comeback but their record was 10-2.

So 6 teams gets all the teams with the same record.

Round 1 you have Florida st host TCU and Ohio st host Baylor.

My guess is after that TCU would go to Bama and Ohio st would play Oregon.

National championship probably still ends up in Ohio st but at least TCU and Baylor get a shot.

And I'm flexible on the games being hosted or neutral.

So this year they probably got it right in terms of champion. But at least there would be 0 doubt with TCU.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    That was a heck of a run by Ohio State: 59-0 over Wisconsin; 42-35 over Alabama; 42-20 over Oregon.

The decisions by the seeding committee seem to have been justified.

An eight team playoff just adds one more week. I wonder if they'll ever do that? Had they done so this year, it would have included Baylor, TCU, Mississippi State and Michigan State, I believe. That would have been interesting.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    I'm not a big fan of Meyer either but let's not sit here and pretend like he is the first coach in history to come out of retirement.

I forgave him a little bit two weeks ago when he took down Saban. Meyer is now only 1 national title short. Both have won at multiple schools. But Meyer is 2-1 against Saban.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by assassin216 View Post
    props to Ohio State and their fans....but Urban Meyer is still a liar in my eyes...
    Because they rhyme?

Leave a comment:

• assassin216
    replied
    props to Ohio State and their fans....but Urban Meyer is still a liar in my eyes...

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    Congrats Ohio State

Leave a comment:

• SoundsOfSuccess
    replied
    Terrible mental game by Oregon

Penalties, couldn't tackle.. Beat themselves just as bad as Ohio State beat them

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    If Oregon doesn't get a TD here, it is over

Leave a comment:

Working...
X