Water and Athletes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water and Athletes

This is a good article, I'm sure other coaches will find it to be a good read. So often we tell our players they need to drink more water, every night so they're hydrated for the next day. I didn't know you could die from overdoing it.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/07/healt...ner/index.html

Staying hydrated is important for all athletes-- even cyber athletes. You Mods are like cyber athletes.I am sure some of you wear sweat bands around your wrists and head when you come on and gear up for some action. Hopefully you are keeping an eye on things and drinking plenty of water during and after a shift.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
      Staying hydrated is important for all athletes-- even cyber athletes. You Mods are like cyber athletes.I am sure some of you wear sweat bands around your wrists and head when you come on and gear up for some action. Hopefully you are keeping an eye on things and drinking plenty of water during and after a shift.
      Are you looking in my window (again) ?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
        This is a good article, I'm sure other coaches will find it to be a good read. So often we tell our players they need to drink more water, every night so they're hydrated for the next day. I didn't know you could die from overdoing it.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/07/healt...ner/index.html
        Interesting. I didn't know that, either.

I wonder if raising the sodium intake a little would counteract the overhydration?
        Administrator
        sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Few years ago a local radio station had a "wee for a Wii" contest. Basically, drink a certain amount of water every 15 minutes and the last person to succumb to going potty would win. A gal ended up dying due to overhydration. The radio show hosts and those involved got fired. I don't recall any other fall out, but it was an eye opener for sure that too much can kill you as well.

I've also heard that dogs at the ocean/lake are at risk when playing catch with them in the water. They swallow more then they should if you overdo it and can kill them as well.
          *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
          *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
          *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Working...
          X