2018 NCAA Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    You nailed it! I'm not overly confident going in either based on how we looked last night. I keep remembering what happened the last couple of times we played Clemson. Ugh, I hope we can run the ball. I like Fields but he has some accuracy issues man.
    They better come out ready to play against Clemson. I want to say that it shouldn't be hard to get up for this one after what happened last time, but I remember Tressel teams getting whipped in consecutive championship appearances.

Comment

• The LSU offense can do whatever they want, and Oklahoma can't do a damn thing to stop them. I will be shocked if LSU don't win it all.

Comment

• God that was embarrassing.....
        [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
        Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

• Originally posted by Saddletramp View Post
          God that was embarrassing.....
          Well it was bad enough that you guys were 14 point dogs, but then that missed PI call came at a horrible time. I don't think it would've mattered in the long run, but it was 7-7 at the time and Oklahoma's defense needed the rest. Would've extended the drive around mid field.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
            Well it was bad enough that you guys were 14 point dogs, but then that missed PI call came at a horrible time. I don't think it would've mattered in the long run, but it was 7-7 at the time and Oklahoma's defense needed the rest. Would've extended the drive around mid field.
            Yeah that uncalled pi was a killer...
            [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
            Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
              It was 14-7 LSU but I get your point.

LSU and Ohio st could be a really good matchup. But Ohio st giving Clemson momentum to open second half.

Oh and now the Oklahoma fans see why Saban was willing to let Hurts go in favor of Tua.
              sigpic

Comment

• That targeting call & ejection changed this game. Ugh.... setting for field goals don't help the cause either. Clemson has the momentum & the ball. A turnover would be nice!

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                  It was 14-7 LSU but I get your point.

LSU and Ohio st could be a really good matchup. But Ohio st giving Clemson momentum to open second half.

Oh and now the Oklahoma fans see why Saban was willing to let Hurts go in favor of Tua.
                  Yeah, that's right, because LSU came right back and scored after Oklahoma scored their first touchdown.

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                  That targeting call & ejection changed this game. Ugh.... setting for field goals don't help the cause either. Clemson has the momentum & the ball. A turnover would be nice!
                  So many missed opportunities in the red zone...

Comment

• If the officials say "under review" one more time, I'm turning on Netflix.

Comment

• That was an extremely fast score by Clemson. No reason Fields doesn’t have enough time to do the same thing.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Difference in the game was that controversial scoop and score overturn.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Good game. 94 yards in a minute in 4 plays was a killer.

Comment

• Even though that loss sucked, I gotta give it up for Dobbins. That guy is a warrior.

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                              Difference in the game was that controversial scoop and score overturn.
                              I disagree, I think the true difference was Ohio State's inability to play disciplined football. The targeting play was just a ridiculously selfish play to make. You have him dead to rights, no need to go helmet to helmet. That play flipped the game. Then you have the PI call where the DB was grabbing his arm the entire way down the field, and not just a quick grab, holding his hand type grab. And of course they stop Clemson deep in the Clemson end and they take a roughing the kicker call. I'm not ready to call that selfish, but when you're going to block a punt you should be taking an angle by the punter, not going directly to him, because too often that's what happens when you go right to him.

Obviously the scoop and score was a big play, but at least 2 of those 3 penalties completely changed the game tonight. Clemson didn't take those penalties. Championship teams don't take those penalties.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                                I disagree, I think the true difference was Ohio State's inability to play disciplined football. The targeting play was just a ridiculously selfish play to make. You have him dead to rights, no need to go helmet to helmet. That play flipped the game. Then you have the PI call where the DB was grabbing his arm the entire way down the field, and not just a quick grab, holding his hand type grab. And of course they stop Clemson deep in the Clemson end and they take a roughing the kicker call. I'm not ready to call that selfish, but when you're going to block a punt you should be taking an angle by the punter, not going directly to him, because too often that's what happens when you go right to him.

Obviously the scoop and score was a big play, but at least 2 of those 3 penalties completely changed the game tonight. Clemson didn't take those penalties. Championship teams don't take those penalties.
                                Meh. I don't know if he was trying to hit the guy in the helmet, but I don't think he was. Watching it live, it looked like Lawrence dipped into it. I'm not in his head though, so I dunno. When you watch it live, it happens so fast that there's just no way of knowing what the intent was. End of the day though, he lowered his head, and that's what ultimately burned him and the Buckeyes.

That call in the Oklahoma game though...yeah. That was definitely targeting.

Comment

Working...
                                X