Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best and Worst College Football team logos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MoFo_JoRo
    plus the "tarheels" that name jus bothers me.....waht exactly is a tarheel? seriously? cuz I dont know
    Tar Heel dates back to the Civil War. The legend is that after some troops retreated, some Carolina troops asked if they had any tar. When they asked why they said so you can put it on your heels so that you can stick better in the next fight.

Im not an NC fan or anything but thats where it comes from.

Enough history lessons for the day.

Class dismissed.

Quick: I haven't had my ass whipped in a while. Probably been since like...1911?
    Sugar Ray: Yeah, thats when you were born and the doctor slapped you on the ass.
    Quick: Yes, thats the last ass whipping I recall. And I'm looking for him.

Comment

Originally posted by thesaint
      Tar Heel dates back to the Civil War. The legend is that after some troops retreated, some Carolina troops asked if they had any tar. When they asked why they said so you can put it on your heels so that you can stick better in the next fight.

Im not an NC fan or anything but thats where it comes from.

Enough history lessons for the day.

Class dismissed.
      Wow.........Thats interesting!

Comment

best logo - the Texas Longhorns of course.

worst logo- Cal's. all it says is Cal oooo and in cursive-like writing. I am very impressed

besides Texas's helmet I like Penn State's to. Simple,yet cool & original.
        sigpic

Comment

I'll show my bias and say the best is USC. The worst is a tie between Penn State (I don't want to hear about "tradition", they look like a Pop Warner team) and Oregon (their yellow O on the green helmet looks like a zero)

Comment

Originally posted by Calif. Bronco
            I'll show my bias and say the best is USC. The worst is a tie between Penn State (I don't want to hear about "tradition", they look like a Pop Warner team) and Oregon (their yellow O on the green helmet looks like a zero)

*SHRUG*

I don't think a 6'5" 300 lb guy in a dark shirt looks like a Pop Warner player, but hey, taste is subjective.

Considering PSU has no logo, I don't know how they can be the worst.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
            You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Jared

Considering PSU has no logo, I don't know how they can be the worst.
              Think of it like a McDonald's hamburger - it has no taste but it still qualifies as a bad burger.

Comment

Originally posted by Calif. Bronco
                Think of it like a McDonald's hamburger - it has no taste but it still qualifies as a bad burger.

I like simple and plain.

I think things like Hawaii's jersey are just too busy and distracting.

But, I do not like McDonald's burgers.......no analogy will trick me into saying that!

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                You should check these guys out

Comment

I like simple and plain.

I think things like Hawaii's jersey are just too busy and distracting.

But, I do not like McDonald's burgers.......no analogy will trick me into saying that!
                  So we've reached common ground - we both think McDonald's burgers are awful and I definately agree on Hawaii's uniforms - loud belongs on a Hawaiian shirt, not on a football uniform.

As for simple and plain, I agree to the extent of someone like Notre Dame's gold or even the Browns, but Penn State is a little too "simple and plain" IMO

Comment

I know it's not a logo or anything but Oregon struck a nerve when they wore those yellow unis... WTH was that all about

Comment

Yeah, a big crimson N is just so awesome.
                      Haha. You better believe it!

Oh hell no.

Penn State.
                      LMAO

*SHRUG*

I don't think a 6'5" 300 lb guy in a dark shirt looks like a Pop Warner player, but hey, taste is subjective.
                      LMFAO

Comment

Best: Arizona State

Worst: Arizona

Comment

I really like the CSU Rams logo. Not because I root for them, but for the same reason I like the St. Louis Rams logo, which belongs to a team I decidedly do not like. But I really I like those horns. I also like Penn State's, which is none, as Jared said. The sincerest form of simplicity. I've always liked simplicity. Maybe it's just my simple mind.

I haven't seen any I don't like for style or form. I hate ASU's because it is ASU's, but not because of design or anything. Oh, and I hate UCLA's and Oklahoma's for the same reason. (Sorry mrsolo.)

-----
                          Last edited by topscribe; 07-04-2005, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MoFo_JoRo
                            I dont like Georgias........ plus the "tarheels" that name jus bothers me.....waht exactly is a tarheel? seriously? cuz I dont know
                            for big ten teams, penn state uniforms suck!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

FSU's spear
                              South Carolina's C.

Comment

WHAT AN UNBIASED THREAD!

Best: Virginia

Worst: Stanford.

Comment

Working...
                                X