College or Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College or Pro

What are the pro's and con's of the NFL and College football?

Pro Good- Pro is the absolute best players competing to win
    Pro Bad- Players lack the determination because there is no next step. It is more of a business than sport.

College good- There are no playoffs, making it so that every Saturday, teams know they have to win to get to the National Championship.
    College bad- There aren't as many exciting plays.
    Go Huskers.

Comment

Pro Good- Pro is the absolute best players competing to win
      Pro Bad- Players lack the determination because there is no next step. It is more of a business than sport.

College good- There are no playoffs, making it so that every Saturday, teams know they have to win to get to the National Championship.
      College bad- There aren't as many exciting plays.
      i see it your way.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick7

I agree - the lack of a playoff essentially means that you often have to run the table to have a shot at the title. It makes for a much more interesting and meaningful regular season
        The main problem I have with college is the enormous disparity between the haves and the have-nots. For example, the largest pointspread you will ever see in an NFL game is somewhere around 17-21 (and that's rare), whereas in college you have a lot of 40-50 point or more spreads. Call me crazy, but I just don't get excited to sit down for a game between Miami and Sisters of the Poor A&M.
        As for the pros, it all depends where you are and who you root for. It's a great experience in places like Denver, Green Bay, K.C., etc. but not so much in some football-depressed place like Phoenix or L.A. (when we had a team out here)

Comment

I wish there was some sort of playoff, what happened to Auburn last year was stupid, I belive that they would have played better against USC than supposedly #2 OK.
          Bronco fan from Packer Land.
          Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
          Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by MoFo_JoRo
            I wish there was some sort of playoff, what happened to Auburn last year was stupid, I belive that they would have played better against USC than supposedly #2 OK.

they were talking about spliting the National Championship if Auburn blew-out VT which was unfair I think.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MoFo_JoRo
              Yep..just ONE extra game though, because if they make the playoffs any bigger than 8 or 16 teams, that would completely ruin the meaning of college football everybody is talking about..EVERY SATURDAY COUNTS!!... Auburn did get screwed, but Oklahoma did deserve to be there, how do I know? You don't get 8 players drafted in the NFL from the same team if you're a scrubby team..
              fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

Working...
              X