Buffs vs. 'Canes II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffs vs. 'Canes II

Ok, so the buffs opened as 14 point 'dogs for the game in Miami this Saturday. Miami is coming off a big triple overtime win against Clemson, and they look to have found their ground game in the form of junior Tyrone Moss who went ran for 139 yards in Clemson.

Can the Buffs mount enough of an offensive attack to stay with Miami? The Colorado D will have their hands full stopping the run, and still making sure they don't let the speedy WR's beat them deep (as most teams like to attack the buffs deep.) It looks like CU will need to play a perfect game to have a chance, any thoughts??

not a perfect game exactly..just no game-turning turnovers...we need to run the ball and eat up the clock..we are not going to beat them how we beat CSU..Miami does have the superior talent but let's just hope Buffs show up for this game (not like against FSU)...
    fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

Originally posted by broncofan303
      not a perfect game exactly..just no game-turning turnovers...we need to run the ball and eat up the clock..we are not going to beat them how we beat CSU..Miami does have the superior talent but let's just hope Buffs show up for this game (not like against FSU)...
      Lets hope no one gets thrown out pregame for brawling like the '93 game in Boulder.... Although I do miss the days when CU was relivant enough to get the top teams that fired up. Now we're a mere blip on the national radar. But yes, CU will need to establish the run, let's hope they can get the whole team healthy and ready to play by saturday

Comment

I'll bet some CP that the Canes beat the Buffs.

Any takers??

Comment

Originally posted by DenverFanInGB

Any takers??
          Bring it...LOL you can give 5 cps a day right? we will bet 5 cp's on saturday..Deal?
          fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

Vickers has to have one of the best games of his career, if CU wants a shot at winning.
            sigpic

Comment

Any takers??
              I'm gonna need you to give me some points, I'm not as brave as 303.

Comment

Originally posted by broncofan303
                Bring it...LOL you can give 5 cps a day right? we will bet 5 cp's on saturday..Deal?

I can give out 5 CP's a day, but i have to spread them around to different people. I don't think you can give out 5 to just one person, otherwise i would.

But you're on!!

Comment

Originally posted by Buff_bronc_fan
                  I'm gonna need you to give me some points, I'm not as brave as 303.

How many points?

Comment

How many points?
                    Spread was 14 last I checked at www.sportsinteraction.com...Gimme 14 points and you're on for 2 CP's....

Comment

Ok, so the buffs opened as 14 point 'dogs for the game in Miami this Saturday. Miami is coming off a big triple overtime win against Clemson, and they look to have found their ground game in the form of junior Tyrone Moss who went ran for 139 yards in Clemson.

Can the Buffs mount enough of an offensive attack to stay with Miami? The Colorado D will have their hands full stopping the run, and still making sure they don't let the speedy WR's beat them deep (as most teams like to attack the buffs deep.) It looks like CU will need to play a perfect game to have a chance, any thoughts??

Well I sure wouldn't want to sound like a HOMER ( sarcasm coming ) so I think the Buffs would be kidding themselves if they think they can go in there and win. I mean, Miami is such a more superior team than the Buffs could ever measure up to. Miami has that stellar D, and running game, and overall team speed. I am sure Klatt will get picked off about 3 times with all of the pressure he will face and speed Miami has on D.

With all that said, if its close for some reason, the Buffs will win it off of special teams. WInning field position could keep them in the game and Mason Crosby is good for about 4 FG's in the game.

Comment

hmm

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
                        Well I sure wouldn't want to sound like a HOMER ( sarcasm coming ) so I think the Buffs would be kidding themselves if they think they can go in there and win. I mean, Miami is such a more superior team than the Buffs could ever measure up to. Miami has that stellar D, and running game, and overall team speed. I am sure Klatt will get picked off about 3 times with all of the pressure he will face and speed Miami has on D.

With all that said, if its close for some reason, the Buffs will win it off of special teams. WInning field position could keep them in the game and Mason Crosby is good for about 4 FG's in the game.

Ok, lets remember you called me out earlier this week, so forgive me if I'm a little overly critical of you this week... But this argument makes no sense, you say that they are kidding themselves if they think they can go in there and win, but then you turn around and give a scenario in which the Buffs could win the game.

You make decent points about Miami being solid in pretty much every facet of the game minus a (somewhat) weaker offense than they are accustomed to. While I don't expect the Buffs to go in and win, anytime you play a team of this magnitude one can't help but get excited just to guage where a program is at.

Comment

Ok, lets remember you called me out earlier this week, so forgive me if I'm a little overly critical of you this week... But this argument makes no sense, you say that they are kidding themselves if they think they can go in there and win, but then you turn around and give a scenario in which the Buffs could win the game.

You make decent points about Miami being solid in pretty much every facet of the game minus a (somewhat) weaker offense than they are accustomed to. While I don't expect the Buffs to go in and win, anytime you play a team of this magnitude one can't help but get excited just to guage where a program is at.

again, read the part in ( ) about sarcasm coming. I didn't want to sound like a homer when I said the buffs could win this game so I took a sarcastic approach. Thus the first paragraph, then the second is how I really feel.

Comment

If the Buffs can get their defense to stop the run and blitz the QB, they will win.

Comment

Originally posted by Invesco
                              If the Buffs can get their defense to stop the run and blitz the QB, they will win.
                              Exactly...the Miami offense is what gives me hope in this game..they defintely have talent, but they are out of whack..Wright is beginning to come together and they have a great TE in Olsen..but their WR's are lost out there..one wrong route can easily lead to an INT..what worries me about this game is Tyrone Moss and their running game, we showed signs of weakness against CSU...

This is a much improved Buffs team, more of a complete team...Honestly I don't know what to expect on Saturday, they could easily get blown out or I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with a W either...That's why they play the game!

Comment

Working...
                              X