X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• watchthemiddle
    replied
    Originally posted by broncofan303
    Phenomenal...there is A LOT of speed on that D, CU couldn't strectch the out with screens, pitches, etc...everytime we would get it out there, there's at least 3 guys after him...your LB's chased down our fastest player (Hugh Charles) like nothing.. Good look in that ACC though...

# 19 or was it # 18 Meirweather (spelling )was a beast. Did he ever miss a tackle?

That is what I was most impressed on with both defenses. The tackling.

And once again, Mason "freakin" Crosby. That boy can kick at altitude or muggy sea level. I would love to see him as Elam's predicesor when he leaves.

Leave a comment:

• broncofan303
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverFanInGB
    Miami-23
    Colorado-3

Looks like i win. Good game too. Miami's D looked pretty good.

Go Canes!!
    Phenomenal...there is A LOT of speed on that D, CU couldn't strectch the out with screens, pitches, etc...everytime we would get it out there, there's at least 3 guys after him...your LB's chased down our fastest player (Hugh Charles) like nothing.. Good look in that ACC though...

Leave a comment:

• DenverFanInGB
    replied
    Miami-23
    Colorado-3

Looks like i win. Good game too. Miami's D looked pretty good.

Go Canes!!

Leave a comment:

• broncofan303
    replied
    Bummer...if we only had an offense we probably would of won the game...hats off to our D, except one long bomb to Moss they played great...if our O would of actually got some points instead of turning it over and letting them start on our side of the ball...

oh well, on to Okie Dokie State....GO BUFFS!!

Leave a comment:

• Buff_bronc_fan
    replied
    Offense is just overmatched

The Colorado Defense looks great out there today, showing that they can stop the run and defend fairly effectviely (with the exception of S. Moss) against the pass. The problem is that the Colorado offense is way overmatched at the talent positions. The QB/WR positions aren't really a threat, so the Cane DB's are just manning up on the outside and letting their safeties and LB's run around and make plays.

Hopefully they can put together a score or two to make it respectable, because as 303 said, the Defense can't hold forever.

Leave a comment:

• broncofan303
    replied
    Originally posted by watchthemiddle
    Well, Colorado'D holds and the Cane's miss the FG, so its still only 3-0 just after the start of the 2nd. If CU can get any kind of drive going and points on the board, it will help the D out a lot. YOU can see on the Cane's last drive the Miami heat was starting to get to CU's players just like it was wearing down the Broncos.
    Yep, exact same thing is happening to the Buffs as the Broncos...D plays great but eventually they will get fatigue because of poor offensive play... If CU doesn't move the ball anymore, watch out, the score could get ugly...I still have faith though, they could do it, just need a BIG play...hmm I said that during the Bronco/Chargers game..

Leave a comment:

• watchthemiddle
    replied
    Well, Colorado'D holds and the Cane's miss the FG, so its still only 3-0 just after the start of the 2nd. If CU can get any kind of drive going and points on the board, it will help the D out a lot. YOU can see on the Cane's last drive the Miami heat was starting to get to CU's players just like it was wearing down the Broncos.

Leave a comment:

• watchthemiddle
    replied
    So first drive of the game looks like it was Colorado's only hope. To have the ball at the 7 with first and goal and come away with a big fat 0 is bad. Granted, its only 3-0 now with 1:05 in the 1st left, but Miami's D is starting to fly around.

Leave a comment:

• Perry1977
    replied
    Oh my, watching it now. I actally feel myself hoping Colorado wins. I feel dirty!! Kinda.

Leave a comment:

• Buff_bronc_fan
    replied
    Daily Camera Game Summary

Originally posted by DenverFanInGB
    Sounds good.
    It's on

----

Colorado (2-0) at No. 12 Miami (1-1)

TIME/TV: 10 a.m., KMGH (7)

FAVORITE: Power ratings say Miami by 13.

COACHES: Gary Barnett (44-33 in seventh year at Colorado) and Larry Coker (45-7 in fourth year at Miami)

LAST WEEK: Colorado was off. Miami won at Clemson, 36-30, in triple overtime.

SERIES HISTORY: Colorado leads, 5-2.

LAST MEETING: Miami won, 35-29, in 1993.

STAT THAT MATTERS: Since 2002, Buffaloes are 1-6 vs. top-15 teams while averaging just 9 points per game in the six losses.

GAME FACTS: Gut-check time for Buffs who haven't risen to challenge vs. elite teams lately. Barnett needs sophomore RB Hugh Charles (206 rushing, 2 TDs, 5 catches) to get going early so UM defense can't tee off on QB Joel Klatt (40-of-58, 469 passing, 2 TDs, 1 int.) who can get rattled under pressure. Improved defense (fourth in Big 12, 23rd in nation in total defense, 283.5 ypg after giving up 408 ypg last year) gets real test. 'Canes somehow survived last week winning when RB Tyrone Moss (139 rushing, 3 TDs) scampered 25-yards to end zone in third OT. Freshman S Kenny Phillips' int. then sealed win. Defense squandered 20-10, fourth-quarter lead. Pass protection (yielded 14 sacks in two games) big problem for QB Kyle Wright (32-of-54, 384 passing, 2 TDs, 2 ints.).

----
    Go Buffs

Leave a comment:

• DenverFanInGB
    replied
    Originally posted by Buff_bronc_fan
    Spread was 14 last I checked at www.sportsinteraction.com...Gimme 14 points and you're on for 2 CP's....

Sounds good.

Leave a comment:

• Perry1977
    replied
    HERE is the Buff's only hope against Miami.

Leave a comment:

• broncofan303
    replied
    Originally posted by watchthemiddle
    If they do come away with a W, it would be great for the University and put them back on track of where they once were. I want to see them in the top 25 before Nebraska gets there with their pansy 5 first games at home to start the season that they barely win.
    LOL yeah, tell me about it...espeically with Pitt going 2-5 on field goals... oh well, my theory is if you take care of your business, you don't have to worry about what other teams are doing...

Leave a comment:

• watchthemiddle
    replied
    Originally posted by broncofan303
    Exactly...the Miami offense is what gives me hope in this game..they defintely have talent, but they are out of whack..Wright is beginning to come together and they have a great TE in Olsen..but their WR's are lost out there..one wrong route can easily lead to an INT..what worries me about this game is Tyrone Moss and their running game, we showed signs of weakness against CSU...

This is a much improved Buffs team, more of a complete team...Honestly I don't know what to expect on Saturday, they could easily get blown out or I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with a W either...That's why they play the game!

If they do come away with a W, it would be great for the University and put them back on track of where they once were. I want to see them in the top 25 before Nebraska gets there with their pansy 5 first games at home to start the season that they barely win.

Leave a comment:

• broncofan303
    replied
    Originally posted by Invesco
    If the Buffs can get their defense to stop the run and blitz the QB, they will win.
    Exactly...the Miami offense is what gives me hope in this game..they defintely have talent, but they are out of whack..Wright is beginning to come together and they have a great TE in Olsen..but their WR's are lost out there..one wrong route can easily lead to an INT..what worries me about this game is Tyrone Moss and their running game, we showed signs of weakness against CSU...

This is a much improved Buffs team, more of a complete team...Honestly I don't know what to expect on Saturday, they could easily get blown out or I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with a W either...That's why they play the game!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X