The BCS is full of S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The BCS is full of S

How does USC after winning its 29th straight game fall to # 2 with the BCS? I mean, didnt Texas play 1- and whatever Oklahoma. BCS must stand for Being Credible Sucks.

But as long as they both end the end season being #1 and #2 it doesnt matter...

Quick: I haven't had my ass whipped in a while. Probably been since like...1911?
    Sugar Ray: Yeah, thats when you were born and the doctor slapped you on the ass.
    Quick: Yes, thats the last ass whipping I recall. And I'm looking for him.

Comment

From what I have heard this isn't the first time they have made "questionable" choices.
      "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
      Ayrton Senna..

Comment

One of the smart guys had SC at # 5.
        It really doesnt matter till the end, but with back to back National Championships, and 29 consecutive Ws they should stay on top untill theyre defeated.

Comment

I don't see anything wrong with it...the BCS is a season by season not history by history thing...Texas is #1 in BCS because of their strength of schedule and how they have dominated their oppoenents... USC squeaked by Notre Dame and played very weak teams...BUT, USC has a stronger ending schedule than Texas, so if they should win out, They WILL be #1, there's no screw job on this, I really don't see a problem with it...

Texas is playing a very weak Okie State team, Trojans is playing a solid Washington State team, they'll be #1 after this week, funny how that stuff works..
          fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

The thing is Bro theres no consideration for being #1, and winning all those games w/o an L. You have to take into account every team wants to knock off the #1. Do you think ND would trade an L against another team with a W against the Trojans? Same goes for EVERY one of SCs opponents this season. Everybody wants a shot at the big boy on the block, and yes that should be worth a couple of points a week. Youre right though, with Cal, and UCLA still on the schedule that should put SC back on top providing they win out, but I didnt see Texas drop a spot when they played lowly Oklahoma, did you?

Comment

Originally posted by horsesense
              but I didnt see Texas drop a spot when they played lowly Oklahoma, did you?
              No, because they did what they had to, go in and dominate...SC trailed at halftime for probably half of their games, #1 teams should come out and dominate teams not blow them out in the second half...the most complete game they've played was against the Irish and they ONLY beat them by 4 points, on the last play of the game.. Texas dominated the undefeated Tech, that's what shot them up to a #1, but really if SC and Texas wins this week, SC will be #1 in the BCS again...
              fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

I havnt watched any Texas games YET this year, and I gather you havnt watched many SC games, had you then youd know Arizona St. is the only team thats led at halftime, and had there not been a fluke interseption by the Trojans they woulda lost to them. Guess where SC was after that week. #1. Do you see anything wrong with that? If SC was #1 after the lackluster performance against Ariz. St. why wouldnt they be #1 after destroying the Huskies. Which was in Pullman BTW, and not the easiest place to win for any team esp. not to mention another PAC 10 team.
                BTW, thanks for mixing it up within this thread and not turning it into a smackfest.

Comment

I could of sworn their was another team... after researching it...Oregon was up on them..

13-10 at half..

and Arizona was only down by 7 at half...

That's pretty close to half...

But SC fans have nothing to worry about, BCS will get it right if SC beats Wstate...

Comment

Its funny - cuz to me it seems you should take the best of college football rules and rankings and combine them with the NFL's and you could have a perfect system i.e. overtime - standings, playoffs and such

Maybe - who knows im just a girl

Comment

And a pretty one at that.
                      No, I like it. I also like the 1 foot in rule, only cause Ive seen a ton of great catches go for nought in the NFL cause the receiver didnt get both feet down.
                      Shall we get a thread started on it?
                      and Ariz. State was up at the half. Check your stats again 303. I may have been wrong about Oregon though.

Comment

Originally posted by orangenblue420
                        Its funny - cuz to me it seems you should take the best of college football rules and rankings and combine them with the NFL's and you could have a perfect system i.e. overtime - standings, playoffs and such

Maybe - who knows im just a girl

I would love to see the playoff system in the NFL, its really a great system, it gives both teams an equal chance to actually score...

But otherwise, rankings in college is what makes it great, it makes each game mean something instead of messing around with teams like the Giants and going 5-2 ...

Comment

Originally posted by horsesense
                          The thing is Bro theres no consideration for being #1, and winning all those games w/o an L. You have to take into account every team wants to knock off the #1. Do you think ND would trade an L against another team with a W against the Trojans? Same goes for EVERY one of SCs opponents this season. Everybody wants a shot at the big boy on the block, and yes that should be worth a couple of points a week. Youre right though, with Cal, and UCLA still on the schedule that should put SC back on top providing they win out, but I didnt see Texas drop a spot when they played lowly Oklahoma, did you?

yet none of the opponents who played Texas wanted to beat them? they didn't want to knock off the number 2 team? that statement pretty much covers any team in the top 10, anyone who plays them wants to be the spoiler.

and i have to agree with broncofan303 here, Texas has gone in and dominated every opponent, SC's had to have a little luck to finish off a couple of their opponents. couple that with the fact that Texas is playing harder teams and they should be number 1.

i can't believe i'm agreeing with the bcs...

Check out Goal Line Blitz

WINNER of Elevation INC's Pick Your 53 Challenge....Sig to come!

Comment

couple that with the fact that Texas is playing harder teams
                            Harder Teams? Really? Like Oklahoma who BTW we crushed in a National Title game, or maybe OSU? Thats Bull. And yea knocking off a #1 current National Champ is a better feat then knocking off a number 2. We can go round n round all day though on tougher teams. Hopefully time will tell and the Rose Bowl will be the place. Peace ..

Comment

BCS= Bull Crap System
                              BCS= Broken Computer System

Comment

Working...
                              X