Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iowa St. Lost, Buffs in Big 12 championship!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Iowa St. Lost, Buffs in Big 12 championship!

    Should I celebrate?



    :salute:

  • #2
    We will get crushed
    Last edited by Bronco_f1; 11-26-2005, 02:24 PM.



    :salute:

    Comment


    • #3
      A&M and Okie St gave Texas a scare....This is one KU fan who will be cheering for the Buffs to beat those pompous Texans. But watch out for mysterious penalties if it's a close game. (We all know it's all about the dollar signs for the Big XII )
      "It's okay to be a cliche....Everything under the sun has been done."

      Comment


      • #4
        I wanted ISU to win, simply because another huge loss against UT will only have CU's bowl status plummet even further... On the other hand, ISU has had their fate in their own hands in the last game 2 years in a row, and for the 2nd straight year in a row they choked.... So, default or not, CU is the division champ for the 3rd or 4th time in the last 5 years? We'll take em as we can get em.

        Comment


        • #5
          A CU loss to NU is like the Broncos losing to the Raiders... and we're just going to get our a$$es kicked the the title game just like last year...hopefully they can show up this time...
          Ozzy


          The "New Black Sabbath"

          Comment


          • #6
            Hehe, its actually funny to me... Nebraska did all they could to spoil CU's trip to Houston, but they're still in there because Iowa State is buiding a reputation of Choking...

            and honestly, this will be hard for Texas to get up for...I mean come on, CU marched into Texas and then got destroyed...and CU really got dominated by both Iowa State and Nebraska, how could you get up for this team?

            This is the perfect opportunity for CU to come up and sneak up on them and actually show up...

            LET'S GO BUFFS...
            fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

            Comment


            • #7
              cu doesnt belong to be there irregardless if they get destroyed by texas
              Glen Haven Fire

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by armedequation
                cu doesnt belong to be there irregardless if they get destroyed by texas
                Depends on your definition of deserve... They deserve it more than Nebraska, ISU, Missou, Kansas and K-State. Granted they'll probably get beat by UT. Thankfully for the Buffs, that's why they have league play. It didn't come down to tie-breakers this year either, the Buffs had the best conference record in the North at 5-3. Don't hate the team, hate the system.

                Comment


                • #9
                  30-3

                  Need I say more??? No...but I will.

                  Real class on behalf of a bunch of drunk students by throwing stuff onto the field at the end of the game...I know Colorado people, hell I was born there, and that is not how football fans are supposed to act. I feel sorry for you respectful fans having a shadow cast upon you by a bunch of idiots.

                  The thing that makes me sick is that we beat 2 of the top 3 teams in the Big XII north (Nebraska being #2), but lost (big time) to two of the bottom three teams. If we would have won the games we should have won, it could have been us getting our arses kicked by Texas in the Big XII championship!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Buff_bronc_fan
                    Depends on your definition of deserve... They deserve it more than Nebraska, ISU, Missou, Kansas and K-State.
                    I don't think that any team really deserves it, because none of the teams did what they should have done to go out there and win it. Nebraska beat both Colorado and Iowa State...but lost to Mizzou and Kansas. Colorado doesn't really deserve it because they had their own destiny in their hands and choked...so did ISU. Like I said, nobody deserves it, but somebody had to get it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Bronco_f1
                      Should I celebrate?
                      Yeah you can but since they backed its kind of empty. The most important thing for Buff fans is their in.
                      John 11: 25-27

                      My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                      Thanks Snk16

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        OMG, not TEXAS AGAIN!!!

                        This may get real ugly............................

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Big Buck 1981
                          I don't think that any team really deserves it, because none of the teams did what they should have done to go out there and win it. Nebraska beat both Colorado and Iowa State...but lost to Mizzou and Kansas. Colorado doesn't really deserve it because they had their own destiny in their hands and choked...so did ISU. Like I said, nobody deserves it, but somebody had to get it.
                          I see your point in the sense that no team in the North should be 1 win away from a BCS game. But the fact remains that there is a play-in stipulation in the Big 12, and the conference is divided into 2 divisions. CU went 5-3 in conference play, the other 3 teams tied for 2nd in the North went 4-4. You can slant it anyway you want saying this team beat this one, but at the end of the day the Buffs are still "champs."

                          I know it's a hollow title given the finish, but I hate hearing from these NU fans that CU doesn't 'deserve' it, when they were the same bunch that backed their team into the national championship after the 62-36 game and didn't even win their divison/conference. You can argue to change the rules or the divisional breakdown, but don't try and claim that some other team from the North should play UT.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Big Buck 1981
                            30-3

                            Need I say more??? No...but I will.

                            Real class on behalf of a bunch of drunk students by throwing stuff onto the field at the end of the game...I know Colorado people, hell I was born there, and that is not how football fans are supposed to act. I feel sorry for you respectful fans having a shadow cast upon you by a bunch of idiots.

                            The thing that makes me sick is that we beat 2 of the top 3 teams in the Big XII north (Nebraska being #2), but lost (big time) to two of the bottom three teams. If we would have won the games we should have won, it could have been us getting our arses kicked by Texas in the Big XII championship!
                            Thanks for understanding that...some Husker fans think its "all" buff fans that are that way...but the trash was only coming from the student section...Because I acutally say in the Husker section and I got along with the easily..we talked about football, not trash..amazing how good of folks Husker fans are...

                            But the reason why you lost to the "top" teams and the "bottom" teams is that the whole big 12 north is average! Average teams play each other tough and nobody really distigunished themselves as the "better" team like Texas did in the South...so I wouldn't say CU deserved to go, but neither did NU, Kansas, Mizzou, and Iowa State...
                            fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Buff_bronc_fan
                              I know it's a hollow title given the finish, but I hate hearing from these NU fans that CU doesn't 'deserve' it, when they were the same bunch that backed their team into the national championship after the 62-36 game and didn't even win their divison/conference. You can argue to change the rules or the divisional breakdown, but don't try and claim that some other team from the North should play UT.
                              See, that's the difference, I am fully aware of the fact that Nebraska did not deserve to be in the title game after that wholloping by CU...that was a failure of the BCS, one of its many failures.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X