The 'Official' Fire Gary Barnett Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncofan303
    I'd assume he'll coach that game regardless of having a future or not... but yeah, I'm surprised 9news was teh first to report it, the Daily Camera is usually the insiders.. I was listening to am950 the fan this morning and GB was on the morning show and said that he know nothing about it at all and that Bohn would meet with him later today....things already getting interesting, we'll see...

I've gotta admit that now that it's become a reality, I feel a little bad for Gary Barnett. I don't know if you read the article in the Camera yesterday or the day before, they talked to Abraham Wright and he was talking about how GB was addressing the team on the verge of tears and then there were players BS'ing around in the back of the locker room. He was saying there's only so much a coach can do, then it's on the players...

I think GB really did care about the team and his players, but that also shows me that we need a head man who's going to have the respect of the entire team. 70-3 means that the problems go beyond the surface level, and so the fall guy has to be GB. It's unfortunate, because he seems like a genuinely good guy. He'll get another coaching job though, and he'll probably be a better coach there having gone through everything he has here.

Comment

Some good rumors... Someone around the Arkansas area called in am950 and said that he had heard that the Arkansas head coach Houston Nutt was interested in the CU job, and the other good rumor included is that 5-star recruit Mitch Mustain will follow Nutt wherever he would go...

Just rumors, but if true, we've got a great coach that can recruit and what better way to start then to get a 5-star (17 overall) QB to lead the way...

Mitch Mustain
      fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

How about Dave Logan for the head coach at CU.

He's an alum, has strong ties to Colorado, is nationally known, and could pull all the recruits out of Colorado that we haven't gotten in years past.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos Zone
          UNC(northern colorado) Just fired there head coach along with all the asstiants for having such a bad sesaon.
          That's pretty bad, seeings how they're still new to Div1AA.

You'd think they'd have decided beforehand, whether their Div II coach was able to meet the new demands......
          "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
          tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
          men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

I've been Saying this for over 5 years!! I say bring in Mooch
            Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
              That's pretty bad, seeings how they're still new to Div1AA.

You'd think they'd have decided beforehand, whether their Div II coach was able to meet the new demands......
              This was there last as Div 1AA next year they'll be joining the Big Sky confrence.

Comment

Originally posted by broncofan303
                Some good rumors... Someone around the Arkansas area called in am950 and said that he had heard that the Arkansas head coach Houston Nutt was interested in the CU job, and the other good rumor included is that 5-star recruit Mitch Mustain will follow Nutt wherever he would go...

Just rumors, but if true, we've got a great coach that can recruit and what better way to start then to get a 5-star (17 overall) QB to lead the way...

Mitch Mustain
                Are you sure on Mustain? Just the other day I read on Fox where he was pulling his commitment to Arkansas to explore other options. Maybe they're related, but that makes for one huge conspiracy theory.

Comment

Hope good things happen to Barnett in the future, but most importantly, I hope GREAT things happen to CU in the future

:salute:

Comment

Originally posted by OhNoKoolAid
                    Looking at the recruits as of now on scout.com (espn insider) things won't be improving any time soon. Credit Barnett with resiliency, but that alone can't make a gameplan, or win games for that matter. They have become an embarrassment on and off the field, and winning the North every season is no sign of success, especially when it was gift wrapped two straight seasons. It's time for Gary to go, and no, it won't hurt the program.

Two guys that may be interesting fits. One is Dan Hawkins of Boise State. Dan, to put it mildly, is quirky, ala Mike Leach, but like Leach, he has an innovative offense that puts points on the board in bunches without top teir talent. I always thought the Buffs should run a fast paced spread attack in that altitude, essentially running defenses to death in the mountains. If you can get past Hawkins' quirks, you'd have yourself a bright mind unfraid to take on the challenges of Colorado's circumstance, and is a proven winner with far less talent.

The other is local hero Steve Kragthorpe of Tulsa. Steve is a young coach who is a president's dream. Likeable personaility, great with the media, well-disciplined teams... I could go on for a while. Steve took an afterthought Tulsa team to a CUSA championship, and is considered by many as the best up-and-comer in the coaching ranks. Has NFL experience and brings a wide open attack that features the H-Back quite regularly, a position Colorado could easily fill. Only problem is the goofy defense Tulsa runs, the 3-3-5, but it works for them well enough and causes plenty of turnovers. He'd be my leading candidate and would give the Buffs a young, confident coach to ride out its troubles.
                    BOOM BABY!!!!

I should go back into journalism...

Comment

Working...
                    X