Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top Running Back Universities

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Nick7

    As for Penn State, Larry Johnson was better than anyone at OU, period.

    If you're talking just college, Johnson is merely one of many PSU backs who were spectacular at that level.


    Franco Harris, Capaletti, Dozier, Warner, Carter, Enis, Thomas, etc.

    Johnson was the best of them all, IMO. I have seen the last three plus Johnson actually play at PSU.

    Johnson was a man among boys.

    Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

    The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
    You should check these guys out

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Jared
      If you're talking just college, Johnson is merely one of many PSU backs who were spectacular at that level.


      Franco Harris, Capaletti, Dozier, Warner, Carter, Enis, Thomas, etc.

      Johnson was the best of them all, IMO. I have seen the last three plus Johnson actually play at PSU.

      Johnson was a man among boys.
      his bro wasn't bad either. Bryant Johnson.
      Go Huskers.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Nick7
        his bro wasn't bad either. Bryant Johnson.

        PSU second all time yardage leader for recievers.


        But I don't think they are related.

        Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

        The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
        You should check these guys out

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Jared
          PSU second all time yardage leader for recievers.


          But I don't think they are related.
          Larry Johnson did have a brother on the team who was a wide receiver. However, this was Tony Johnson, and neither were of any relation to Bryant. Tony played for the 49ers and Vikings, but never really amounted to anything. Larry also happens to be the son of Penn State's defensive line coach.
          I'm officially eating crow. I support McDaniels.

          Wishing for Jared Odrick in 2009.

          sigpic

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Ncfootball
            Larry Johnson did have a brother on the team who was a wide receiver. However, this was Tony Johnson, and neither were of any relation to Bryant. Tony played for the 49ers and Vikings, but never really amounted to anything. Larry also happens to be the son of Penn State's defensive line coach.

            Wow.

            I thought I was the only Penn State guy here.

            Welcome aboard.


            I knew Larry and Bryant were not related, and I knew Larry Sr. was a PSU coach.

            Never heard of Tony Johnson though.

            Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

            The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
            You should check these guys out

            Comment


            • #21
              I've always been partial to PSU just because of their rep. as ''LB U.''
              Go Huskers.

              Comment


              • #22
                TWO 2,000 YARD SEASONS AND NO HEISMAN.


                RIPPED much?

                Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
                RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
                Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
                -Kobe Bryant-

                Comment


                • #23
                  Tennessee's has to be up there too

                  with guys like Jamal Lewis, Travis Henry, Charlie Garner, James Stewart, etc.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by tommy1986
                    I think Colorado (Eric Bienemy, Rashaan Salaam, Chris Brown) and Oklahoma State (as previously mentioned) should be in the top 10 in place of Oklahoma and Wisconsin.
                    Oklahoma should not be out of there. Oklahoma had more better RBs than OSU did. OSU had 2 great ones. Oklahoma had at least 4.


                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I'd like to see someone re-hash this one :thumb:
                      HE>i

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        What about PITT? Tony Dorsett & Curtis Martin, 2 HOFers. Florida has Emmitt Smith and Tim Tebow
                        Last edited by HUMCALC; 09-29-2012, 10:00 PM.
                        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                          What about PITT? Tony Dorsett & Curtis Martin, 2 HOFers. Florida has Emmitt Smith and Tim Tebow
                          tim tebow wasn't a RB lol

                          if we were to include running QB's Nebraska would win hands down.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Syracuse Uninversity
                            Jim Brown
                            Ernie Davis
                            Jim Nance
                            Floyd Little
                            Larry Csonka
                            Joe Morris
                            Daryl Johnston
                            Rob Konrad
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                              tim tebow wasn't a RB lol

                              if we were to include running QB's Nebraska would win hands down.
                              He had more rushing TDs than any RB in SEC history
                              "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                                He had more rushing TDs than any RB in SEC history
                                tim tebow, QB florida 2947 yards rushing, 4.3 average 57 TD's rushing

                                eric crouch, QB nebraska 3434 yards rushing, 5.3 average 59 TD's rushing

                                tommy frazier, QB nebraska 2154 yards rushing, 6.0 average 38 TD's rushing

                                jamall lord, QB nebraska 2573 yards rushing, 5.0 average 24 TD's rushing

                                taylor marthinez, QB nebraska (only a jr) 2030 yards rushing, 5.2 average 23 TD's rushing

                                add that to all the great college running backs nebraska has had like mike rozier, charlie rodgers, roger craig, I.M hipp, Lawrence Phillips. Ahman Green, calvin jones.....

                                like i said, if you add in the QB's there is no doubt nebraska is the winner here, even without the QB'as they have had a lot of good college RB's, even though most of them never transitioned to the NFL very well.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X