• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    tim tebow, QB florida 2947 yards rushing, 4.3 average 57 TD's rushing

eric crouch, QB nebraska 3434 yards rushing, 5.3 average 59 TD's rushing

tommy frazier, QB nebraska 2154 yards rushing, 6.0 average 38 TD's rushing

jamall lord, QB nebraska 2573 yards rushing, 5.0 average 24 TD's rushing

taylor marthinez, QB nebraska (only a jr) 2030 yards rushing, 5.2 average 23 TD's rushing

add that to all the great college running backs nebraska has had like mike rozier, charlie rodgers, roger craig, I.M hipp, Lawrence Phillips. Ahman Green, calvin jones.....

like i said, if you add in the QB's there is no doubt nebraska is the winner here, even without the QB'as they have had a lot of good college RB's, even though most of them never transitioned to the NFL very well.
    Your own stats show that Tebow had better #s than everyone on that list except Eric Crouch
    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
      Your own stats show that Tebow had better #s than everyone on that list except Eric Crouch
      yes and tebow is just one guy, my point is Nebraska has a long history of great running QB's to go along with their history of RB's. so are you saying tebow makes Florida historically the best school for running backs? it was stupid you brought tebow in the conversation to begin with.

by the way they all had/have a better average than tebow did and i guarantee they were all faster too.
      sigpic

Comment

You're absolutely right
        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Originally posted by titanfan24 View Post
          with guys like Jamal Lewis, Travis Henry, Charlie Garner, James Stewart, etc.
          agree, came here to say that might be my alumni nias kicking in though

http://www.tnriver.com/utvols/fbRushing.htm

we have had some great RBs
          sigpic
          -------

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos72690 View Post
            i'm not so sure about penn state or nebraska.

I think Oklahoma State could be on that list. Barry Sanders, Thurman Thomas. Those 2 names get them at #10 already. Don't forget Tatum Bell.
            AND Terry Miller, one of the best in 1977, and also Nebraska had IM Hipp, Jarvis Redwine, Keith Jones, Roger Craig, I could go on and on .
            sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

I'm still thinkin' Syracuse should be in the conversation.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                I'm still thinkin' Syracuse should be in the conversation.
                Floyd Little and Jim Brown and thats it! Was Ernie Nevers Cuse too?
                sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

Originally posted by Axemaster View Post
                  Floyd Little and Jim Brown and thats it! Was Ernie Nevers Cuse too?
                  Jim Brown, Ernie Davis, Jim Nance, Floyd Little, Larry Csonka, Joe Morris, Daryl Johnston, Rob Konrad.

Ernie Nevers was Stanford.
                  Last edited by samparnell; 10-30-2012, 09:46 PM.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Well, since the most productive RB from last year's draft has been Doug Martin, I'm gonna have to say Boise State!
                    sigpic
                    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

I haven't read through the thread, so I'll mention Auburn. Ronnie Brown, Cadillac Williams, are some of the more high profile backs they've had. Two of the three mentioned are in the NFL right now, along with 3 others. 5 current RB's is pretty impressive.
                      sigpic
                      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                        I haven't read through the thread, so I'll mention Auburn. Ronnie Brown, Cadillac Williams, are some of the more high profile backs they've had. Two of the three mentioned are in the NFL right now, along with 3 others. 5 current RB's is pretty impressive.
                        RBs Bo Jackson and Stephen Davis were also from Auburn.

FBs Heath Evans and Tony Richardson as well.
                        sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                        Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                        Adopted By:
                        Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                        Broncbeat

Comment

Working...
                        X