Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broncos72690
    You had a lot of linebackers out.

We had a lot of DE's out and we still did good. With them back, now we'll be even better.

You don't have the facts to backup what you're saying. Why do you think Nebraska has a good D-line. What did they accomplish last year?¿
    50 sacks and we had 3 of our top linebackers and some d-line out so I don't see how that is your excuse. We also have all of our star defensive ends returning and all of our injured linebackers will be back this season.

Again I will state my proof.... 50 SACKS

Now where are your facts since you want to go that route. I will dig up everyone we had out last season and show you the stats of the few that where left along with the backups as soon as you stop being hypocritical and do as you stated and bring out some facts. I would say leading the nation in sacks and haveing a very good run defense is proof enough though of a good d-line.

Comment

Originally posted by jhns
      50 sacks and we had 3 of our top linebackers and some d-line out so I don't see how that is your excuse. We also have all of our star defensive ends returning and all of our injured linebackers will be back this season.

Again I will state my proof.... 50 SACKS

Now where are your facts since you want to go that route. I will dig up everyone we had out last season and show you the stats of the few that where left along with the backups as soon as you stop being hypocritical and do as you stated and bring out some facts. I would say leading the nation in sacks and haveing a very good run defense is proof enough though of a good d-line.
      How many of those sacks came from your d-line.

You know, this stuff is off topic. We need to take this to one of the other 4 posts that we have about NU vs. OU. :offtopic:

Comment

Penn State returns 19 of 22 starters, including the entire defense and receiving corps and get no love?

I liked Robinson as an athlete, but he was not the cog that made it go. He played good enough to win, but is not irreplaceable at QB.

I can handle no top 10, because last year was suppsoedly a fluke. But to only lose three starters from a 1 loss, top 3 squad and get NO LOVE?

BTW, a good portion of this thread irks me. :offtopic:

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
        You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos72690
          How many of those sacks came from your d-line.
          D-line is a big part of anyone getting sacks. They take up blockers and allow for linebackers or corners to run in free if they are good and doing their job.

Comment

I like this one....

Right here...
            COPYWRITED MATERIAL Copyright © 1975 by Dr Velcro

Comment

Originally posted by Fred the Bunny
              I like this one....

Right here...
              I agree 100% !!!!

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Originally posted by Fred the Bunny
                I like this one....

Right here...

TCU and Iowa are ranked too high, but it makes more sense than ESPN's.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                  Penn State returns 19 of 22 starters, including the entire defense and receiving corps and get no love?

I liked Robinson as an athlete, but he was not the cog that made it go. He played good enough to win, but is not irreplaceable at QB.

I can handle no top 10, because last year was suppsoedly a fluke. But to only lose three starters from a 1 loss, top 3 squad and get NO LOVE?
                  Jared, from what I've seen, Penn St. is only returning 8 or 9 out of 22 starters, although you certainly know the team better than I.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Got two words for ya.....

Go Cards!

Big Cards fan.
                    COPYWRITED MATERIAL Copyright © 1975 by Dr Velcro

Comment

Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
                      Jared, from what I've seen, Penn St. is only returning 8 or 9 out of 22 starters, although you certainly know the team better than I.

I was reading ESPN the MAg's article on Polsnuzy's return when I typed that.

Maybe that was a typo.

They might have meant 9.

I don't get any coverage out here, and I don't do the whole following recruiting thing.

Either way, I do know the entire receiving and LB corps returns, the strength of the team last year.

As do the top two rushers.

But still, to go from #3 to not ranked? That's a big drop, considering JoePa has been letting underclassman play for about decade now. So, it's not like it's an inexperienced squad taking over at key positions. It's a deep team with no true superstars. Although I am hoping Austin Scott and Tony Hunt both go over 1,000 this year. It's possible.

Comment

Working...
                      X