Bring on Michigan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
    Life is nothing but a series of disappointments for you, isn't it?
    Pretty much. I can never win any bets with football involved.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco
      the last time i checked, usc was ranked number 5 and florida was number 2.

this is hilarious. you did watch the games against ucla and oregon state right? both unranked.

so if your usc is so incredible, why didn't they kick those two teams in the rear and stay "on top"??? why isn't usc playing ohio state?

and about knowing how to deal with losses. how are you feeling about being beaten by two teams that shouldn't have had a chance against you?

and how was losing to texas last year?

and why don't you just go to: Not Your Website for more on usc?
      Wow, 3 losses in 3 years. Damn, they are really terrible. I agree that USC is and will be a Top 3 powerhouse in the NCAA for years to come.
      sigpic

Comment

USC ftw....Lost Bush, White, Leinart and more and still TOP 5 and as high as #2. I don't care what you say USC is a high powered team that has a bright future.
        sigpic

Thank you for everything Darrent. I'll never forget #27.

Comment

i hate to tell you this, but michigan is going to wipe the floor with you guys

Comment

Originally posted by Astrass
            USC ftw....Lost Bush, White, Leinart and more and still TOP 5 and as high as #2. I don't care what you say USC is a high powered team that has a bright future.
            woopty doo...welcome to college football, all USC fans do is whine about losing players to the draft

Comment

Oh, I know I shouldn't and I'll probably regret this but, what the heck, I'll jump in here:

First, USC lost two games to unranked opponents, plain and simple, and because of that we don't have a whole lot to talk about. Fair enough, I can accept that. Overall, though, it was an OK year for us. We beat some ranked teams, blew out our #1 rival (for the 5th straight year) and broke in a bunch of new players.

As for some of the other comments on here, I'll ignore most but BigHouse I have to comment on yours. USC fans (at least not me) aren't whining about the players we lost to the draft last year, but it is a fact. You may know this better than me, but have you ever known a team to lose the caliber of players USC lost last year? Two Heisman winners, White, Bing, etc.? It's not whining, it's just a fact that they lost a lot of players. Are they the only team to lose players? Of course not. But considering who they lost, I think 10-2 and a BCS Bowl is pretty impressive.

As for the Rose Bowl, no one really knows how it will go. Which USC team will show up, for example? The one that went out on the road and blew out Arkansas? The one that blasted Notre Dame? Or the one that lost to two unranked opponents and should have lost to at least one other (Washington.) Sadly, with a young team, you just never know.

Either way, on New Years Day I'm going to be tailgating in one of this country's most historic venues and having a great time.

Comment

Originally posted by Calif. Bronco
                Oh, I know I shouldn't and I'll probably regret this but, what the heck, I'll jump in here:

First, USC lost two games to unranked opponents, plain and simple, and because of that we don't have a whole lot to talk about. Fair enough, I can accept that. Overall, though, it was an OK year for us. We beat some ranked teams, blew out our #1 rival (for the 5th straight year) and broke in a bunch of new players.

As for some of the other comments on here, I'll ignore most but BigHouse I have to comment on yours. USC fans (at least not me) aren't whining about the players we lost to the draft last year, but it is a fact. You may know this better than me, but have you ever known a team to lose the caliber of players USC lost last year? Two Heisman winners, White, Bing, etc.? It's not whining, it's just a fact that they lost a lot of players. Are they the only team to lose players? Of course not. But considering who they lost, I think 10-2 and a BCS Bowl is pretty impressive.

As for the Rose Bowl, no one really knows how it will go. Which USC team will show up, for example? The one that went out on the road and blew out Arkansas? The one that blasted Notre Dame? Or the one that lost to two unranked opponents and should have lost to at least one other (Washington.) Sadly, with a young team, you just never know.

Either way, on New Years Day I'm going to be tailgating in one of this country's most historic venues and having a great time.
                i do know the feeling, not 2 heisman winners but practically an entire team. after the NC we won we lost our starting QB, RB, WR, most of the OL and also we lost a guy by the name of charles woodson. yes 10-2 is very impressive for those caliber players but lets not forget who they left behind...jarrett, smith, booty etc. sure theyre no lienart and bush but their all great players...i think this year for USC is a "bad one" not record wise but just overall...USC has NOT done a good job at selling the student part of student athlete and this has resulted in many of their better players leaving early for the NFL. to me they need to get these players to stick around, and if or when they do so USC will be one heck of a powerhouse for many years to come

Comment

Originally posted by BIG HOUSE
                  i do know the feeling, not 2 heisman winners but practically an entire team. after the NC we won we lost our starting QB, RB, WR, most of the OL and also we lost a guy by the name of charles woodson. yes 10-2 is very impressive for those caliber players but lets not forget who they left behind...jarrett, smith, booty etc. sure theyre no lienart and bush but their all great players...i think this year for USC is a "bad one" not record wise but just overall...USC has NOT done a good job at selling the student part of student athlete and this has resulted in many of their better players leaving early for the NFL. to me they need to get these players to stick around, and if or when they do so USC will be one heck of a powerhouse for many years to come

^^^^^^^^ Agreed! Very good take on the state of our program, BH. This problem of kids leaving early is a huge one that is only going to get worse all over the country. It's like you want your players to be good, but not too good or else they'll bolt. I don't know what the school's can do about it but I do wish the athletes would take a closer look at what happens to the kids that leave early.

Take our kids from last year, for example. Obviously, Bush had to leave and no one not wearing Cardinal and Gold can really say he made the wrong decision. But in the case of a kid like Darnell Bing, for example, he could have used another year in school. I don't even know which NFL team he's on, but I do know one thing - he ain't loggin' much playing time.

By the way, BH, are you coming out here for the Rose Bowl by any chance? I'd love to have you come by for a few cold ones at the tailgate.

Comment

Originally posted by Calif. Bronco
                    ^^^^^^^^ Agreed! Very good take on the state of our program, BH. This problem of kids leaving early is a huge one that is only going to get worse all over the country. It's like you want your players to be good, but not too good or else they'll bolt. I don't know what the school's can do about it but I do wish the athletes would take a closer look at what happens to the kids that leave early.

Take our kids from last year, for example. Obviously, Bush had to leave and no one not wearing Cardinal and Gold can really say he made the wrong decision. But in the case of a kid like Darnell Bing, for example, he could have used another year in school. I don't even know which NFL team he's on, but I do know one thing - he ain't loggin' much playing time.

By the way, BH, are you coming out here for the Rose Bowl by any chance? I'd love to have you come by for a few cold ones at the tailgate.
                    if my financial situation was better i would definetly be heading down to the old US of A for the Rose Bowl but unfortunatly being a poor college student has kinda put a damper on my Rose Bowl hopes...its too bad to because michigan is losing alot of their key players this year so im not quite sure if another Rose Bowl will be in the cards next year

Comment

Working...
                    X