University of Sioux Falls wins NAIA championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• University of Sioux Falls wins NAIA championship

Sorry to bore everyone but another of my past players was fortunate enough to get to play for the NAIA championship and they won. He played well throughout the game. He had ten tackles, two and a half for losses (including 1 sack), forced a fumble, and knocked down a pass.

What a rush!
    Last edited by Dean; 12-16-2006, 03:38 PM.

Originally posted by Dean
    Sorry to bore everyone but another of my past players was fortunate enough to get to play for the NAIA championship and they won. He played well throughout the game. He had ten tackles, two and a half for losses (including 1 sack), forced a fumble, and knocked down a pass.

What a rush!
    Congrats to the University of Sioux Falls and to your past player for winning the NAIA championship.
    sigpic
    Thanks Blondie for the Sig

Comment

Thanks. I'll feel like a proud papa for a few days.

Comment

Congrats to you and your former player Coach.

I can understand the excitement behind this accomplishment.
        Emancipate your mind!
        The People's Poster

Comment

I'm from Helena, Montana and I know that Carroll College is pretty good at NAIA (4 championships in a row).

Anyways, congrats.
          Go Huskers.

Comment

If you are aware of Carroll's football programs you might recognize the name Seth Roseberry who played D-end last year and the year before.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean
              If you are aware of Carroll's football programs you might recognize the name Seth Roseberry who played D-end last year and the year before.
              No, I'm not really familiar with the players.

It's mostly my Grandpa who likes them. He goes to every game.

The only player I know of is Casey Fitzsimmons who is starting TE for Detroit.

I know that their QB broke Kitna's NAIA passing record last year, though.
              Go Huskers.

Comment

Midlands are showing their stuff, this year.
                Chadron went undefeated during the regular season, and lost to the 2nd place team out of Missouri.
                In fact, the Chadron team has a running back that is almost unstoppable. His name is Danny Woodhead, and could be someone to keep eyes on next year.

Woodhead had an incredible year in which he became college football’s all-time single-season rushing leader. He also became the Division II all-time all-purpose yardage and scoring leader.

2006: carried 344 times- 2,756 yards,8.0 ypc, 3,158 all-purpose yards, 38 TD's-Avg'd:212 yards rushing, 243 all-purpose yards and 17.5 points a game.

Besides setting the single-season rushing record, Woodhead ranks second among all collegiate players in all-purpose yards to only Barry Sanders of Oklahoma State.

While playing in 33 games for the Eagles, Woodhead has exceeded 200 yards rushing 17 times for another all-college record. Shay was the previous leader with 15. Woodhead has scored touchdowns in 31 consecutive games. Entering this season, the Division II record was 24 by David Circus of Grand Valley State.

He's got some wheels, as he won the 55 meters at the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference’s Indoor Track and Field Meet last winter.

Woodhead will enter his senior year needing just 621 yards to become Division II’s all-time career leading rusher and 934 yards to become the all-division rushing leader.
                [COLOR=Red]"This is a nation - not a polyglot boarding house. There is not room in the country for any 50-50 Americans, nor can there be but one loyalty - to the Stars and Stripes.
                May 27, 1918
                Col. Roosevelt[/COLOR
                ]

Comment

Is coach Wickard still coaching at Chadron? His nephew played for us last year.

Comment

Working...
                  X