Boise St Broncos 2007 Champions!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Inkana7
    Oregon State? Utah? Last I checked, those aren't cupcakes, not even close.
    Oregon State and Utah? Those were their best two opponents? Look, I'm not saying Boise doesn't deserve to be in the top 5 (heck I'll even put them at #2 this year), but to compare this schedule to the schedule played by Florida, LSU, USC, Ohio State, etc. is laughable:

Thu, Sep 7th, 2006 Oregon State
    Sat, Sep 16th, 2006 at Wyoming
    Sat, Sep 23rd, 2006 Hawaii
    Sat, Sep 30th, 2006 at Utah
    Sat, Oct 7th, 2006 Louisiana Tech
    Sun, Oct 15th, 2006 at New Mexico State
    Sat, Oct 21st, 2006 at Idaho
    Wed, Nov 1st, 2006 Fresno State
    Sat, Nov 11th, 2006 at San Jose State
    Sat, Nov 18th, 2006 Utah State
    Sat, Nov 25th, 2006 at Reno

Comment

Originally posted by Calif. Bronco
      Oregon State and Utah? Those were their best two opponents? Look, I'm not saying Boise doesn't deserve to be in the top 5 (heck I'll even put them at #2 this year), but to compare this schedule to the schedule played by Florida, LSU, USC, Ohio State, etc. is laughable:

Thu, Sep 7th, 2006 Oregon State
      Sat, Sep 16th, 2006 at Wyoming
      Sat, Sep 23rd, 2006 Hawaii
      Sat, Sep 30th, 2006 at Utah
      Sat, Oct 7th, 2006 Louisiana Tech
      Sun, Oct 15th, 2006 at New Mexico State
      Sat, Oct 21st, 2006 at Idaho
      Wed, Nov 1st, 2006 Fresno State
      Sat, Nov 11th, 2006 at San Jose State
      Sat, Nov 18th, 2006 Utah State
      Sat, Nov 25th, 2006 at Reno
      Well this just goes to show....we can't help the majority of our schedule.

And you think that out of the 4 extra non-conference games we play, even if we got to play say....Florida, USC, LSU and let's say...well, we'll keep Oregon State since they beat USC. You're saying that if we played those 4 opponants plus the 8 WAC teams we HAVE to play....people would show us more credit?

I doubt it. They would still totally overlook that and look at the conference and go: "Well, they're still in a weak conference and they had 8 easy games...now look at Florida, they didn't have any easy games etc."

Plus, Hawaii isn't exactly mediocre and usually Fresno isn't either. Nevada we didn't have problems with but they're very good.

We can't help playing Idaho and Utah State because unfortunately they found a way into our conference.

So I don't think, if we were still in the WAC and played 4 huge powerhouse teams in addition to those 8, that people would give us any more praise where it would be due.

Even after we play Oregon State, who like it or not is definitely worthy of mentioning since they beat USC...and I'm not just mentioning that because I think so. I've watched ESPN show after show where they bring that point up in their arguments.

This will always be our issue. No love because no one thinks we play anyone that matters.

But ask Miami, Arizona State, New Mexico, Tulsa, Missouri and Oklahoma if they think our opponants are weak.... I'll bet they'll have a different answer for you.
      sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

that is the weakest schedule in the world
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X