Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seriously, what are some of you smoking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously, what are some of you smoking?

On the poll on the home page for who is the best WR in the draft, Calvin Johnson only has 58% of the vote. How could anyone seriously think that Johnson isn't the best WR in this draft. I don't even think it's close myself.

Calvin Johnson is just a pure beast.......Not sure what others are thinking either

Comment

The people that voted for Jarret or Ginn are pretty much homers thats what.

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx
        The people that voted for Jarret or Ginn are pretty much homers thats what.
        To me......I would think Ginn is the 4th best reciever in the draft

Calvin Johnson obviously is first
        Then Dwayne Jarrett
        Sidney Rice is very interesting to me
        and then Ginn/Bowe

Ginn is basically overrated because of his value at Special Teams, sure he's pretty explosive, but when it comes down to it, he just is not that good at WR!

To me (obviously its just my opinion) hes about the same as Tatum Bell is as far as explosiveness, but other than that......what else is there? Questions about his height, sure hes got great speed.....but with that speed against the likes of Cinci, Illinois, Northwestern, and Minnesota he couldnt break 100 yards

He never broke 1,000 total recieving yards his entire career at OSU......
        as opposed to CJ, who broke it this last season, and reached over 800 yards his Freshman and Soph. year

Dwayne Jarrett broke it twice, Sidney Rice broke it twice, and Dwayne Bowe never broke it, got close this last year.....and has about 3 inches on Ginns height......thats why i personally think its a tie between them

Comment

Originally posted by str8jacket
          To me......I would think Ginn is the 4th best reciever in the draft

Calvin Johnson obviously is first
          Then Dwayne Jarrett
          Sidney Rice is very interesting to me
          and then Ginn/Bowe

Ginn is basically overrated because of his value at Special Teams, sure he's pretty explosive, but when it comes down to it, he just is not that good at WR!

To me (obviously its just my opinion) hes about the same as Tatum Bell is as far as explosiveness, but other than that......what else is there? Questions about his height, sure hes got great speed.....but with that speed against the likes of Cinci, Illinois, Northwestern, and Minnesota he couldnt break 100 yards

He never broke 1,000 total recieving yards his entire career at OSU......
          as opposed to CJ, who broke it this last season, and reached over 800 yards his Freshman and Soph. year

Dwayne Jarrett broke it twice, Sidney Rice broke it twice, and Dwayne Bowe never broke it, got close this last year.....and has about 3 inches on Ginns height......thats why i personally think its a tie between them
          Just think if Calvin was in those power house offenses.

Comment

Just think if Calvin was in those power house offenses.
            and had a better passer, Reggie Ball had some inconsistencies during the year.

Comment

I think that the three best WR's in the draft are:

Dwayne Jarret
              Calvin Johnson
              Robert Meachem

I think that Ginn hasn't shown anything but pure speed, and Bowe, I havn't seen much of him.
              sigpic

Comment

Polls like that are always going to be wacked out. Everyone has their guy. I think CJ is going to be a beast in the NFL.

His measurements at the combine were insane. 6'5" 239lbs. and someone reported him running a 4.33 at a work out with Tom Shaw.

I can see being that tall and a lot lighter and running a 4.33 but weighing in at 239 is just crazy. I remember someone saying he's not going to be able to handle the physical DBs in the NFL. My first thought to that was, "Have you seen how big this dude is?"

Comment

Originally posted by // / yardo
                  Polls like that are always going to be wacked out. Everyone has their guy. I think CJ is going to be a beast in the NFL.

His measurements at the combine were insane. 6'5" 239lbs. and someone reported him running a 4.33 at a work out with Tom Shaw.

I can see being that tall and a lot lighter and running a 4.33 but weighing in at 239 is just crazy. I remember someone saying he's not going to be able to handle the physical DBs in the NFL. My first thought to that was, "Have you seen how big this dude is?"
                  Wow, I didn't know that Johnson was that big.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BVP
                    I didn't either! I thought at the most 6'3" or 6'4" 225lbs. You know, TO like measure-ables.

Anyone that thinks this guy is overrated is

Comment

Originally posted by BVP
                      That is why people are comparing him to Randy Moss (rightfully so) but without the attitude.

Comment

That is why people are comparing him to Randy Moss (rightfully so) but without the attitude.
                        I think he's got way more upside than Moss and like you say he's got a great attitude. He's nothing like the other players of his stature and skills.

Comment

So he is like Randy Moss with betters speed and a better attitude. Wow, he is my #1 WR now.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BVP
                            So he is like Randy Moss with betters speed and a better attitude. Wow, he is my #1 WR now.
                            Plus he's a lot bigger. Moss is listed at a mere 210lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by // / yardo
                              Plus he's a lot bigger. Moss is listed at a mere 210lbs.
                              I'm not sure if Calvin is as fast as Moss was in his prime because I remember Moss running like a 4.25? In the 40's but I do agree Calvin has a better upside about him.

Comment

Working...
                              X