FSU Noles vs. CU Buffs in '07!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FSU Noles vs. CU Buffs in '07!

Sometime in September I believe, the Seminoles of Florida State Univerisity will come to Boulder, CO to take on the Buffaloes of the University of Colorado. I am much looking forward to this game and I plan on going. I have a few friends who are Nole fans and a few others who root for CU so it should be interesting. Chit-chat aside, the Noles will absolutely wipe the field with CU. FSU just has too much speed and talent on both sides of the ball and I fully expect freshman phenom Myron Rolle to crack heads from the secondary all game long.

GO NOLES!!!

Florida State is going to mop the floor with Colorado.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream
      Florida State is going to mop the floor with Colorado.

Amen to that!

Although I think CU can make it a nailbiter. They caught Georgia off-guard this season in Athens and should have won that game. I hope it's a good game because I plan on being there and don't want to get bored. I think it's more likely to be a contest because its in Boulder. If this game was in Tallahassee, it would probably get ugly fast, just like it did when CU visited Miami two years ago.

Comment

FLORIDA STATE!

Comment

FSU had a horrible year this past season and I don't think it's going to get any better. Colarado lost to a division 1-AA team, Montana State.

FSU wins by 7-10 points.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAFF
            FSU had a horrible year this past season and I don't think it's going to get any better. Colarado lost to a division 1-AA team, Montana State.

FSU wins by 7-10 points.

Last year was definitely dissappointing for the Noles. However, we have some great talent on offense with Brandon Warren, Antone Smith, and Greg Carr. Myron Rolle could be an All-American and our LB corps is one of the best in college football. We got Geno Hayes, Derek Nicholson, and Marcus Sims all in the mix and all very talented. We have a new offensive coordinator (Jimbo Fisher) and our running game should be much more effective. The ACC in general is weak right now. Our biggest competition will be Virginia Tech. To be honest, your Canes are in worse shape than the Noles heading into next season. FSU = ACC champions 2007.
            Last edited by tommy1986; 03-04-2007, 11:02 AM.

Comment

FSU needs to get Bowden to make his exit and the only way that is going to happen is when he is in a box because he is GOD at FSU. The longer he is there, the worse it is gonna get (recruiting class this year was TERRIBLE) and I do agree that Fisher will help the Noles, but lets face it there is only so much he can do with Weatherford or Lee at the wheel, especially for a guy used to a QB group that included Russell, Flynn, and Perrilloux.

MIAMI WILL BE THE ACC CHAMPS

Comment

Originally posted by BLAFF
                FSU needs to get Bowden to make his exit and the only way that is going to happen is when he is in a box because he is GOD at FSU. The longer he is there, the worse it is gonna get (recruiting class this year was TERRIBLE) and I do agree that Fisher will help the Noles, but lets face it there is only so much he can do with Weatherford or Lee at the wheel, especially for a guy used to a QB group that included Russell, Flynn, and Perrilloux.

MIAMI WILL BE THE ACC CHAMPS

You're right, Bowden is not in danger of losing his job. He built this program. There is nothing wrong with him. This years recruiting class for FSU was lackluster by normal standards, but "terrible" is a stretch. We did get 4 star wideout Ahmad Paige, and we could land 5 star South Florida phenom Noel Devine in the future if he qualifies. Face it, Miami's recruiting class was not much better. You guys did get Graig Cooper, an explosive back, and Nick Fanuzzi, a talented QB, but Miami's class is no better than that of the Noles. Also, do you really think your rookie head coach will make such an impact this early? He might be better than Coker, but that remains to be seen. The bottom line is, Florida State has as much chance as anyone in the ACC to come out on top in the conference. Are they serious title contenders? Probably not, but they have a good foundation.

TOMAHAWK CHOP ON THE CANES

Comment

I'm excited for the game... I went to Tallahassee a few years back for the 1st meeting between the two teams. The Buffs actually played well in the 1st half considering we had a backup QB in... It was only a one or two score game at halftime, I wanna say 13-7 or 17-7... Bloom had an 80+ yard TD reception...

But then FSU started going deep in the 2nd half and exposed a very weak secondary. It ended up getting ugly. I still had a good time though, and it was cool to go to Doak Campbell Stadium.

Let's hope CU comes into the game with some momentum, wins over CSU and ASU would be huge. A win over FSU would be huge for the program considering the past season, but I'd settle for a competitive game and the Buffs having a shot in the 4th qtr. Either way, I like that CU brings in 1st class competition year in and year out.

Comment

Definetly, you can't accuse CU of not having a strength of schedule problem, they don't shy away from any one...

I'm not sure about this CU team, I'll know more when I check out the spring game... I know the spring game is early, but it does give you a clue of what this team could do.. And last year, they practiced the same way they played, they didn't score 1 TD in that spring game and the highlight was Mason Crosby "attempting" a 70 yarder that came up 10 yards short....

It's exciting year for Buffs though, Im getting season tickets this year and check out these games... CSU, Miami (OH), FSU, Oklahoma, and Nebraska... Great year to get tickets...
                    fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

Originally posted by broncofan303
                      Definetly, you can't accuse CU of not having a strength of schedule problem, they don't shy away from any one...

I'm not sure about this CU team, I'll know more when I check out the spring game... I know the spring game is early, but it does give you a clue of what this team could do.. And last year, they practiced the same way they played, they didn't score 1 TD in that spring game and the highlight was Mason Crosby "attempting" a 70 yarder that came up 10 yards short....

It's exciting year for Buffs though, Im getting season tickets this year and check out these games... CSU, Miami (OH), FSU, Oklahoma, and Nebraska... Great year to get tickets...
                      True that.......

I just dont know with Bernard Jackson........

Got season tickets again this year........going to be rough to watch i think.....

Comment

I'm starting to take a liken to Hawkins though!!!

Originally posted by broncofan303

"Go play intramurals, brother" Classic!!!

Go Buffs!

Comment

Originally posted by str8jacket
                          True that.......

I just dont know with Bernard Jackson........

Got season tickets again this year........going to be rough to watch i think.....

If Jackson is the starting QB something is terribly wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed
                            If Jackson is the starting QB something is terribly wrong!
                            Well he managed to start most of the year last year.

Have to assume the same for this year I guess......

Comment

YES!!! I have to go to this game, I have never been to a Florida State game!

Now all I have to do is go to a USC game and I have seen all my favorite teams play!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X