How good is Colt Brennan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How good is Colt Brennan?

So I'm checking around a college football site, then I come across his name, and all these records for yardage and touchdowns, as well as how efficient he is. I'm not able to follow college football much. I was wondering, just how good is he?

If he hit the draft this year, would teams consider picking him over Russell or Quinn?

Does he have the potential to eclipse the top 2 QBs taken this year, and the top 3 QBs taken last year?

(video) http://rapidshare.com/files/31916569...ennan.avi.html
    Last edited by omac; 05-17-2007, 06:44 PM.

colt brennan

i don't really know HE WAS HERE AT CU AND THAT IDIOT GARY BARNETT NEVER PLAYED HIM!!! (WHICH IS ONE REASON HE IS NOW PLAYING GOLF IN AZ. ) The thing you have to be careful about is he plays in a VERY QB FRIENDLY SYSTEM !!!! WE WILL HAVE TO SEE HIM PLAY PROBABLY IN THE 08 SENIOR BOWL AND A PRO STYLE OFFENSE TO CHECK HIS TRUE TALENTS.

Comment

Originally posted by richardthebronco
      i don't really know HE WAS HERE AT CU AND THAT IDIOT GARY BARNETT NEVER PLAYED HIM!!! (WHICH IS ONE REASON HE IS NOW PLAYING GOLF IN AZ. ) The thing you have to be careful about is he plays in a VERY QB FRIENDLY SYSTEM !!!! WE WILL HAVE TO SEE HIM PLAY PROBABLY IN THE 08 SENIOR BOWL AND A PRO STYLE OFFENSE TO CHECK HIS TRUE TALENTS.
      To my understanding Colt never actually had a chance because they had a capable Klatt in at QB and wanted to develop Brennan even more.

Brennan was stupid and got himself caught up in all those sex allegations, thus getting kicked out of CU

Comment

Colt is a nice prospect in his own right, but a little overrated due to what they actually do in Hawaii. I think he can be a good NFL quarterback and has legit round one potential this next year.

Comment

Oh, ok. And here I was thinking, "the next Peyton Manning".

So none of you would say he's better than Russell or Quinn?

Comment

Originally posted by omac
            Oh, ok. And here I was thinking, "the next Peyton Manning".

So none of you would say he's better than Russell or Quinn?
            Nope. I would not.

Just look at all the talent Hawaii has put out at that position over the years and those same QBs put up insane numbers as well

Comment

Oh, ok. Too bad, I'm always excited about top QB prospects entering the league.

Comment

Originally posted by omac
                So I'm checking around a college football site, then I come across his name, and all these records for yardage and touchdowns, as well as how efficient he is. I'm not able to follow college football much. I was wondering, just how good is he?

If he hit the draft this year, would teams consider picking him over Russell or Quinn?

Does he have the potential to eclipse the top 2 QBs taken this year, and the top 3 QBs taken last year?

on sat. he;s a stud...on sundays he will be a another ty.detmer.........in the draft he'll be a early 2nd round'er

Comment

In a word: Overrated.
                  Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Hawaii runs a run and shoot offense, but they also run the ball. They don't ONLY pass. Colt got hundreds of yards from doing the shovel pass with Nate Ilaoa, but that sadly counts as a pass. They run the ball too.

He isn't overrated. Yards are yards. WAC is becoming a better division, Boise and Hawaii are the top of it and all the other schools are slowly getting better.

He is a dead-accurate QB. Not one bit overrated.

A bit underrated because of the school (Hawaii).

But Hawaii has been churning out "good" QBs - Nick Rolovich, Timmy Chang (questionable due to his # of interceptions) and now Colt Brennan.

Comment

Originally posted by NickTranOwnz
                      Hawaii runs a run and shoot offense, but they also run the ball. They don't ONLY pass. Colt got hundreds of yards from doing the shovel pass with Nate Ilaoa, but that sadly counts as a pass. They run the ball too.

He isn't overrated. Yards are yards. WAC is becoming a better division, Boise and Hawaii are the top of it and all the other schools are slowly getting better.

But Hawaii has been churning out "good" QBs - Nick Rolovich, Timmy Chang (questionable due to his # of interceptions) and now Colt Brennan.
                      Where are those other QB's right now? NOT in the NFL.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BVP
                        Where are those other QB's right now? NOT in the NFL.
                        Broncos signed Nick Rolovich after an impressive mini-camp. Then they sent him to Rhein Fire, then played AFL, and now currently plays in a German Football league.

Chang was signed by Cardinals, cut, signed by Lions, cut, all in 05. Signed by Philly and sent to Europe in 06, now a FA and possibly may play in CFL. Was a Heisman candidate in 2003.

Not impressive, but relatively good. Chang also set quite a number of records.

Comment

Broncos signed Nick Rolovich after an impressive mini-camp. Then they sent him to Rhein Fire, then played AFL, and now currently plays in a German Football league.

Chang was signed by Cardinals, cut, signed by Lions, cut, all in 05. Signed by Philly and sent to Europe in 06, now a FA and possibly may play in CFL. Was a Heisman candidate in 2003.

Not impressive, but relatively good. Chang also set quite a number of records.
                          Colt has a chance to make some noise but overall they are system QB's. The WAC is a pretty good leauge, I am just north of NMSU. Haven't seen much succes with QB's out of the shotgun style offenses.
                          Thanks WhiteDragon!

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=85326 Last years 1st RD Mock
                          GM Draft-#24-CB Aqib Talib Kansas
                          #54-WR Earl Bennett Vandy
                          #85-G Roy Schuening OSU
                          #114(via HOU-Pacman Trade) TE Brad Cottam TEN
                          #120 LB Ben Moffit USF
                          Block: TE Troupe RB Brown DT Starks

Comment

Yards are yards?

That's what people thought about Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch,
                            and Ty Detmer, too.

I don't much like your definition of ''good'' QB's.

Nick Rolovich - 1 year of NFL experience
                            Timmy Chang - 1 year of NFL experience
                            Colt Brennan - has yet to play an NFL game, but you do see
                            the pattern, right?

I know you are obsessed with Hawaii and all, but not
                            all of their players are gonna be future HOF'ers.
                            Go Huskers.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick7
                              Yards are yards?

That's what people thought about Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch,
                              and Ty Detmer, too.

I don't much like your definition of ''good'' QB's.

Nick Rolovich - 1 year of NFL experience
                              Timmy Chang - 1 year of NFL experience
                              Colt Brennan - has yet to play an NFL game, but you do see
                              the pattern, right?

I know you are obsessed with Hawaii and all, but not
                              all of their players are gonna be future HOF'ers.
                              I sincerely believe that Colt Brennan is actually good. His passes are mostly dead-on.

186.0 Passer rating? Highest pass completion rate? He can make the throws and the receivers can make the catches.

Maybe next season you can catch some Colt Brennan action because ESPN is going to air some Hawaii games now.

Comment

Working...
                              X