• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elway4King
    replied
    Re: I suppose....

Originally posted by qfan
    I'll make two excuses.

any team that has the distraction of loosing its defensive coordinator the week before a big game against an equal team will likely loose.

Any team whose starting QB recieves a liking early in the game like Jason did, will likely loose.

Combine the two and they loose bad.

Conversely, in the Sugar bowl, I think OU had some chances to win the game, but didn't make the plays. Not to mention LSU coached a heck of a game! Only 7 point game! Great game!
    I'll make another excuse for you. If an overrated team plays a good team like Kansas State when they are playing well, you will likely lose.

Combine that with the fact that Sproles is the best running back in the Nation and you will lose BAD!!!!!!

OU did have chances to win but they didn't, thats why LSU has the crystal.

Cody

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied
    Originally posted by Elway4King
    I agree with everything you said pretty much. These kids are extremely impressive, however, being a student myself, I know some don't really juggle school, they don't have to if you get my drift. That's just big time college sports. Your right, eventually you have to lose. By the way, how about 2/5 for your Sooners.

Cody
    Careful, or I'll swing the other way....

Leave a comment:

• qfan
    replied
    I suppose....

I'll make two excuses.

any team that has the distraction of loosing its defensive coordinator the week before a big game against an equal team will likely loose.

Any team whose starting QB recieves a liking early in the game like Jason did, will likely loose.

Combine the two and they loose bad.

Conversely, in the Sugar bowl, I think OU had some chances to win the game, but didn't make the plays. Not to mention LSU coached a heck of a game! Only 7 point game! Great game!

Leave a comment:

• Elway4King
    replied
    I agree with everything you said pretty much. These kids are extremely impressive, however, being a student myself, I know some don't really juggle school, they don't have to if you get my drift. That's just big time college sports. Your right, eventually you have to lose. By the way, how about 2/5 for your Sooners.

Cody

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied
    Well, seeing's how I'm not the one that said they'd win 9/10 times, I won't interject my opinion.
    The thing is, these college kids are playing every week against not only the other teams, but against the media, the fans, the hype and against the odds. To come out on top every week IS something special. I guess at some point, the odds tend to catch up.
    Unlike the NFL, these kids also have to juggle the school work around and be able to succeed in the classroom.
    Not to mention, the dreaded injury bug.
    I think its silly to talk about 9/10 games.....there are too many variables involved. But I would be interested in a 2/3!

Leave a comment:

• Elway4King
    replied
    Originally posted by rcsodak
    You don't think it takes something special for a team to go undefeated through the entire regular season? If I was a betting man, and the tables were turned, I'm thinking you would be singing a different tune. Am I right? Huh? Can't hear you!
    I gave your cats their kudos, did I not?
    And you say that OU's running game sucked for two straight years? Funny you say that.....did you WATCH them two years ago? Does Q come to mind? 1800+ yds? HELLLLLLOOOOOOO!
    Sorry about the two straight years. I forgot about that. Q was great but they sucked last year. By the way in '98 K-State went undefeated through the regular season and lost the Big 12 Championship and their Bowl Game much like OU last year. Did I sing your tune, no, and I still won't. They were a good team playing a down Big 12 schedule but were obviously overrated to lose their last two games and both of them were CLOSE! Unlike OU! It was a special year for K-State to go undefeated and beat Nebraska for the first time in thirty-some years but you will never here me say K-State would beat A&M 9 out of 10. A&M was a better team and K-State was a tad overrated.

I give OU kudos, they were a great team last year but OBVIOUSLY overrated and OBVIOUSLY still overrated if everyone is going to say they would have beat K-State 9 out of 10. Come on, it was 35-7? Would you admit that OU got lucky to beat Texas and that Texas would have won 9 out of 10 after that game. That would be rediculous wouldn't it? Now look at what you're doing.

Cody

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied
    Oh, I see, ratings = What? Nothing. Everyone around the country gripes about rankings becasue they are extremely arbitrary. The only ranking that matters at the end of the year is #1. OU was ranked higher but were they champions of anything? Huh? Still listening? They played in the NC game so they had to be in the top 3 right. That's what most the voters thought. It's nice to be ranked high but I would never tell someone who won the conference, hey we're ranked higher. Take your ranking. I'll take the biggest loss in the Stoops era.

Oh, and how can the greatest team ever not have a running game. I remember everyone said their running game is good enough. I agree OU's running game has sucked for two straight years! I wish OU fans would admit this BEFORE the season. Already I'm hearing how good the running game is going to be with Adrian there. Hey, you have the same overrated line.

And everyone is a homer. At least I have something to lean on. Oh and by the way, I don't think K-State will win the Big 12 this year. Who do you pick? Surprise, surprise. HOMER!!!!

Cody
    You don't think it takes something special for a team to go undefeated through the entire regular season? If I was a betting man, and the tables were turned, I'm thinking you would be singing a different tune. Am I right? Huh? Can't hear you!
    I gave your cats their kudos, did I not?
    And you say that OU's running game sucked for two straight years? Funny you say that.....did you WATCH them two years ago? Does Q come to mind? 1800+ yds? HELLLLLLOOOOOOO!

Leave a comment:

• Elway4King
    replied
    Originally posted by rcsodak
    Now who's the homer?
    KSU ended up where in the final rankings? OU?

You know damn well that OU couldn't run BEFORE the K-State game......so it wasn't their D.
    And OU, for some reason, just does't match up well with scrambling qb's.....(ksux2,nu).
    Yes, kstate won the big12 last year. good for them. Now we'll see who wins THIS year.....my money's on OU.
    Oh, I see, ratings = What? Nothing. Everyone around the country gripes about rankings becasue they are extremely arbitrary. The only ranking that matters at the end of the year is #1. OU was ranked higher but were they champions of anything? Huh? Still listening? They played in the NC game so they had to be in the top 3 right. That's what most the voters thought. It's nice to be ranked high but I would never tell someone who won the conference, hey we're ranked higher. Take your ranking. I'll take the biggest loss in the Stoops era.

Oh, and how can the greatest team ever not have a running game. I remember everyone said their running game is good enough. I agree OU's running game has sucked for two straight years! I wish OU fans would admit this BEFORE the season. Already I'm hearing how good the running game is going to be with Adrian there. Hey, you have the same overrated line.

And everyone is a homer. At least I have something to lean on. Oh and by the way, I don't think K-State will win the Big 12 this year. Who do you pick? Surprise, surprise. HOMER!!!!

Cody

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied
    White was injured from the Baylor game on huh? Before you say something like that know who you are talking to. I live in OKC and listen to sports radio everyday and heard nothing about him being hampered by injuries until AFTER the KSU game, and that was because KSU hammered his rear time and time again (Nice O-line!) Even if he did get injured in the Baylor game, he had three weeks to get better including 13 straight days off before the Big 12 Championship. White sure didn't look injured when they hung 50+ on Tech (Oh wait he probaly reinjured himself in practice after the Tech game.)

If you want to make excuses like that then Ell was still hobbled since he got injured in week 2. Since this debate is dumb, let me rephrase my statements, Both teams were very close to 100% for the Big 12 Championship (White was maybe 95%, Ell 96%, but lets get real here.)

As far as getting lazy and beating yourself, OU scored on their first drive in every game except two before K-State and that never caused them to get complacent before. Are you saying they were poorly coached? Beating yourself? You can say that about any loss. But I think K-State did a pretty good job of beating them! Your O couldn't run! That was K-State's D. Your D couldn't stop Sproles! That was he and a good line. Give the Wildcats some credit man!

You can speculate all you want but K-State won and for all math flunkies, that means they were on pace to beat OU 10 out of 10 times!!!!

LOL

Cody
    Now who's the homer?
    KSU ended up where in the final rankings? OU?

You know damn well that OU couldn't run BEFORE the K-State game......so it wasn't their D.
    And OU, for some reason, just does't match up well with scrambling qb's.....(ksux2,nu).
    Yes, kstate won the big12 last year. good for them. Now we'll see who wins THIS year.....my money's on OU.

Leave a comment:

• Elway4King
    replied
    White was injured from the Baylor game on huh? Before you say something like that know who you are talking to. I live in OKC and listen to sports radio everyday and heard nothing about him being hampered by injuries until AFTER the KSU game, and that was because KSU hammered his rear time and time again (Nice O-line!) Even if he did get injured in the Baylor game, he had three weeks to get better including 13 straight days off before the Big 12 Championship. White sure didn't look injured when they hung 50+ on Tech (Oh wait he probaly reinjured himself in practice after the Tech game.)

If you want to make excuses like that then Ell was still hobbled since he got injured in week 2. Since this debate is dumb, let me rephrase my statements, Both teams were very close to 100% for the Big 12 Championship (White was maybe 95%, Ell 96%, but lets get real here.)

As far as getting lazy and beating yourself, OU scored on their first drive in every game except two before K-State and that never caused them to get complacent before. Are you saying they were poorly coached? Beating yourself? You can say that about any loss. But I think K-State did a pretty good job of beating them! Your O couldn't run! That was K-State's D. Your D couldn't stop Sproles! That was he and a good line. Give the Wildcats some credit man!

You can speculate all you want but K-State won and for all math flunkies, that means they were on pace to beat OU 10 out of 10 times!!!!

LOL

Cody

Leave a comment:

• Qistheman
    replied
    FYI they were down 14-7 when he got hit by Andrew so they were losing then. I meant he was 100% before the game!

Cody
    when you score on your first offensive play it is easy to get lazy and thats what happened. OU would win 9-10 against ksu, and that was your 1-10. we played a poor game, we played lazy and beat ourselves. i am ready for OCT 16, to lay a whoopin down in manhattan

Leave a comment:

• Qistheman
    replied
    a little bit more FYI white was injured during the baylor game, before you be sarcastic, know what you are talking about.

Leave a comment:

• Elway4King
    replied
    FYI they were down 14-7 when he got hit by Andrew so they were losing then. I meant he was 100% before the game!

Cody

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied
    Both teams were 100% for that game and it wasn't even close.
    A little fyi, for you...

White was NOT 100%.
    He got dinged up at the beginning of the game, then AGAIN vs LSU. No excuses, just FACTS.

Leave a comment:

• Elway4King
    replied
    OU would beat K-State 8 out of 10. You can't even say that! If that game was close and K-State got lucky maybe, but it was a trouncing. Admit it, the Big 12 was weak last year (look at Bowl results) and OU mopped weak Big 12 talent. OU hasn't been able to run the ball sice Q left and K-State and LSU exploited that. K-State had trouble early in the year because of Ell's injury but once he was 100% they rolled. Imagine OU without White for a few games. If your gonna say OU lost only because White was hurt, then say the same about K-State with Ell's injury. Both teams were 100% for that game and it wasn't even close.

By the way if your gonna come back with "what happened in the Fiesta Bowl then?" The answer is the Big 12 was down and K-State was not better then Ohio State, but better then OU.

Cody

Leave a comment:

Working...
X