preseason top 25 poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhns
    A little jelous of these rankings are we Mr. OU?

You don't have to be mad that OU is going nowhere next year.
    LOL

Well, since I don't see any argument coming from you, I'll take that as you agree.

And now, you're going to be without one of your best Olineman!!!!!

I sure hope your 1yr rental-qb can squirm.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
      LOL

Well, since I don't see any argument coming from you, I'll take that as you agree.

And now, you're going to be without one of your best Olineman!!!!!

I sure hope your 1yr rental-qb can squirm.
      Not really, we are pretty set at o-line now. That is one of the things that this coaching staff has been real good at recruiting and now all of their recruits are going to be the ones playing.

#4 > #8!!!

Comment

I know I'm slow to respond to this, and I appologize if this has already been said about the Huskers, but I just don't see my boys being #4!!! I'm pretty shocked given all the new faces in the team!!! Given there is a lot of talent there and I think they will be in the top 10 this year, but 4 is a stretch!!!

Personally I would rather go in it at 14 and then get to 4...but that is just me!!!

Go Huskers!!!

Comment

SI rates the huskers' schedule as #12 hardest....

I'd say that doesn't bode well for Call-a-hen at all.

We've all witnessed his putrid play calling, and player substitutions....

...look for another 8-4/7-5/6-6 season. I'll pick one, after game 1.
          [COLOR=Red]"This is a nation - not a polyglot boarding house. There is not room in the country for any 50-50 Americans, nor can there be but one loyalty - to the Stars and Stripes.
          May 27, 1918
          Col. Roosevelt[/COLOR
          ]

Comment

I honestly couldn't tell you what will happen this year. Nebraska has a real QB for the first time in history though. It is just a matter of if he can play like he did before he transferred. With that and the d-line questions, I will have to hold off my crap talking untill the season starts and I see how well those two areas hold up.

Actually, who am I kidding, the Sooners suck and Nebraska doesn't even need to be good this year to win. Just look at the pole I posted... #4 to OU's #8. Obviously this is guys had his head on straight when he made this.
            well for you to play us you need to be in the title game good luck.if you make there watch DeMarco Murray run right past all those black skirts.those skirts up in the air and over their heads runnin' around like little girls
            elway going to save the broncos again.yes!

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
              No credibility left, after this......

The fuskers will be lucky to go .500.....

---new qb
              ---no wr's (best could be off team)
              ---new dline
              ---questionable secondary
              ---average rb's
              ---same callahan

...what idiocy.
              nice call if i could i'd buy you a beer,this will have to do.

Comment

Originally posted by horseplay
                well for you to play us you need to be in the title game good luck.if you make there watch DeMarco Murray run right past all those black skirts.those skirts up in the air and over their heads runnin' around like little girls
                There is only one other team in our division that looks any what good this year and that is Missouri. I don't think they will stand much of a chance even though we play them at their house. They got a much tougher conference schedule than the Huskers and I don't see us losing more than 2 games(USC, @ Texas) this year, during the regular season that is. Maybe Missouri can take us since we play at their house but I just don't see it.

Good luck making it there because I think Texas has it this year. Either way, Nebraska wins the Big 12.

Comment

just not going to happen you think you have a for real qb.won't matter your o-line will get him killed.rbs and wrs are a ??????.d-line oh that is a problem.lb it's a mystrey to the rest of us.the d-backs ohhh my,this team is in trouble and you still have callahan.this spells.500 in a weak north div.you need to be a homer to look at all of this and say neb wins the north.

Comment

just not going to happen you think you have a for real qb.won't matter your o-line will get him killed.rbs and wrs are a ??????.d-line oh that is a problem.lb it's a mystrey to the rest of us.the d-backs ohhh my,this team is in trouble and you still have callahan.this spells.500 in a weak north div.you need to be a homer to look at all of this and say neb wins the north.
                    I probably shouldn't even respond to this because it is obvious that you know nothing of the Huskers. People don't rank us in the top 20 in preseason because we are horrible. I guess you can just find that out the hard way when they beat up on the Big 12 this year.

By the way, there is no better QB in the Big 12. I'm not really sure where people are trying to go with talking crap about Nebraska's QB. I really don't get where people are going with RB's and o-line. The o-line hasn't been a problem and we have tons of real good depth there. We also have 3 real good RB's and some newer ones that are supposed to be very good but won't play this season. I have no clue why you are trying to bring up LB's.... The DB's are also going to be ok, last year we just had a lot of fresh ones out there due to injuries. Now those players have experience and they had already improved a ton over the course of last season. That isn't a position that you can just jump into and be an allstar.

You all just have way to much wishful thinking and not enough knowledge of the team. The d-line is the only ? this season with Nebraska. That is only because we lost 4 of our starters. We still have a top DE and a ton of potential talent. I just haven't really seen many of them play, so that makes it an unknown. Have fun making up your excusses as to why you think your team is better though.

GO BIG RED!!!!!!

Comment

I probably shouldn't even respond to this because it is obvious that you know nothing of the Huskers. People don't rank us in the top 20 in preseason because we are horrible. I guess you can just find that out the hard way when they beat up on the Big 12 this year.

By the way, there is no better QB in the Big 12. I'm not really sure where people are trying to go with talking crap about Nebraska's QB. I really don't get where people are going with RB's and o-line. The o-line hasn't been a problem and we have tons of real good depth there. We also have 3 real good RB's and some newer ones that are supposed to be very good but won't play this season. I have no clue why you are trying to bring up LB's.... The DB's are also going to be ok, last year we just had a lot of fresh ones out there due to injuries. Now those players have experience and they had already improved a ton over the course of last season. That isn't a position that you can just jump into and be an allstar.

You all just have way to much wishful thinking and not enough knowledge of the team. The d-line is the only ? this season with Nebraska. That is only because we lost 4 of our starters. We still have a top DE and a ton of potential talent. I just haven't really seen many of them play, so that makes it an unknown. Have fun making up your excusses as to why you think your team is better though.

GO BIG RED!!!!!!
                      homerism!homerism! when did your great qb play last year to get his exp.must have been while you blowing out k.u. wait that didn't happen or ksu that didn't happen either.hey do you still have callahan,i'll answer that yes you do. .ha!ha! ha! .not winnin' anything this year.

Comment

I have a few issues, first of all Texas being #1. Not just because I'm an Oklahoma fan , but because they lost a huge part of their running game and pass protection with Blaylock, Studdard and Selvin Young going. I know Charles is a stud but he will be taking all of the load next year behind an inexperienced line. Also their secondary has taken a huge hit.

Ohio State has no proven QB, deep threat, and their schedule gets much tougher.

Nebraska is way too high. I think #13 would be a realistic spot for them to start out at.

Florida is not high enough, should be around the 6 or 7 spot.

sigpic

Myself, Shawn (a chefs fan) and Mike on our way home from the Sand Trap in June '06. (Mildenhall AFB)

Comment

WE think we have a real QB. Who do you have, again???
                          You need to be one ignorant mo-fo to pose all those questions.
                          While I admit they may not win as much as jhn's thinks ( ), to
                          think your beloved Sooners are in that much better of a position
                          is silly.
                          Go Huskers.

Comment

homerism!homerism! when did your great qb play last year to get his exp.must have been while you blowing out k.u. wait that didn't happen or ksu that didn't happen either.hey do you still have callahan,i'll answer that yes you do. .ha!ha! ha! .not winnin' anything this year.
                            Umm, our QB for this year wasn't allowed to play last year. The year before he put up twice the numbers that any of your QB's have had the past 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Straz1999
                              I have a few issues, first of all Texas being #1. Not just because I'm an Oklahoma fan , but because they lost a huge part of their running game and pass protection with Blaylock, Studdard and Selvin Young going. I know Charles is a stud but he will be taking all of the load next year behind an inexperienced line. Also their secondary has taken a huge hit.

Ohio State has no proven QB, deep threat, and their schedule gets much tougher.

Nebraska is way too high. I think #13 would be a realistic spot for them to start out at.

Florida is not high enough, should be around the 6 or 7 spot.
                              See horseplay?

You can disagree without making an ass out of yourself.
                              Go Huskers.

Comment

GO BIG RED!!!!!!
                                LOL

That takes some balls, jns, to say Ganz is the best in the Big 12.
                                Last I heard, he was ahead of kellar. LOL

And in case you didn't hear, you LOST your best Olineman, to the supplemental. So I guess we'll see about that "depth".

And are you getting back your injury-prone cb? Sure hope so, because with a weak link at the Dline *even YOU have to admit it is*, your secondary will be the main focus by the opposing coaches.

Puffify going to play? Or will he be doing community service?

Sorry, but if missouri got ANY help for their poor defense from last year, they'll be the toast of the north. Better qb. Better TE's. Better offense.

But hey....

...at least you still have callahan.....
                                "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                                tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                                men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X