Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

preseason top 25 poll

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN View Post
    To the people questioning ND's fall out of the top 25.
    They didn't just lose Quinn people!
    Only 1 starter returns to the defensive line.
    They lost their starting rb.
    They lost their #1 and #2 receivers.
    Their top playmakers on offense are all gone.
    They'll probably be starting Evan Sharpley at QB to begin the year.

    I hope i'm wrong about all this
    Sucks to be you, NJ.....

    OU just has to replace their QB, stud RB (though they had better production when he was gone) and LB'ers......
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

    -- Samuel Adams

    sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by Nick7 View Post
      See horseplay?

      You can disagree without making an ass out of yourself.
      what's wrong still smarting a little from the big12 champ.game.sorry that i don't believe what someone else thinks of the huskers.how does losing most if not all of your starting d-line make these guys that got beat in the title game last year by OU,how does that make them better?if callahan had better people waiting in the wings wouldn't he have played them?didn't neb.just have the star wr booted off the team,or is going to sit out first two games.didn't i see malcom kelly run past the d-backs more than twice last year in the big12 title game that was won by OU over neb?how is pointing out these things making an ass of myself?
      elway going to save the broncos again.yes!

      Comment


      • #78
        Why do all Nebreska fans think Keller is some sort of savior?

        He got beat out by a good but not great underclassmen at ASU.

        I expect him to start out red hot for Nebreska, and then taper off dramatically because he can't control his emotions.

        Nebreska should still win the Big 12 North with 4 or so losses throughout the entire season.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN View Post
          To the people questioning ND's fall out of the top 25.
          They didn't just lose Quinn people!
          Only 1 starter returns to the defensive line.
          They lost their starting rb.
          They lost their #1 and #2 receivers.
          Their top playmakers on offense are all gone.
          They'll probably be starting Evan Sharpley at QB to begin the year.

          I hope i'm wrong about all this
          The things I'm looking out for this year is the play of Zbikowski, John Carlson, and James Aldridge (5 star running back from high school now a sophomore).

          Oh and of course Jimmy Clausen.:dance:

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
            The things I'm looking out for this year is the play of Zbikowski, John Carlson, and James Aldridge (5 star running back from high school now a sophomore).

            Oh and of course Jimmy Clausen.:dance:
            Oh I agree! But it seems that Travis Taylor has the inside track at the starting RB spot, at least for now.

            "The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN View Post
              Oh I agree! But it seems that Travis Taylor has the inside track at the starting RB spot, at least for now.
              Do you mean Travis Thomas? If so then I agree but I remember when Aldridge played he was a real bruiser type of back and if he can get his fumbling problems fixed he will be a big part of the offense.

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
                Do you mean Travis Thomas? If so then I agree but I remember when Aldridge played he was a real bruiser type of back and if he can get his fumbling problems fixed he will be a big part of the offense.
                yes yes travis thomas

                "The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN View Post
                  yes yes travis thomas
                  Guess it's put up or shut up time, huh, nj?

                  2012/2013!

                  Think Weiss/Stoops will still be around?
                  "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                  tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                  men."

                  -- Samuel Adams

                  sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by horseplay View Post
                    what's wrong still smarting a little from the big12 champ.game.sorry that i don't believe what someone else thinks of the huskers.how does losing most if not all of your starting d-line make these guys that got beat in the title game last year by OU,how does that make them better?if callahan had better people waiting in the wings wouldn't he have played them?didn't neb.just have the star wr booted off the team,or is going to sit out first two games.didn't i see malcom kelly run past the d-backs more than twice last year in the big12 title game that was won by OU over neb?how is pointing out these things making an ass of myself?
                    Do you even follow college?

                    Almost every team every year has to replace a lot of starters. This is not the pros. You can't lock a guy in for 6 years at a time and try to keep them for their careers.

                    It is called recruiting and Nebraska now is getting all of the current coaches recruits playing. Guys need time to learn and it isn't about the d-line anyways. Our secondary is going to be far improved and the LB's are some of the best in the Big 12. The d-line is taking some drop off, but when you improve everywhere else, why worry?

                    Also, our receiver is only out 1 game. It isn't even a tough game, so why is that supposed to make us worrry? The offense was also very young last season and now they are vets. Taylor was also not a very good QB. He completely melted down in the title game last season. Keller should be far better as he has a much better arm and a season of learning the system now.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by jhns View Post
                      Do you even follow college?

                      Almost every team every year has to replace a lot of starters. This is not the pros. You can't lock a guy in for 6 years at a time and try to keep them for their careers.

                      It is called recruiting and Nebraska now is getting all of the current coaches recruits playing. Guys need time to learn and it isn't about the d-line anyways. Our secondary is going to be far improved and the LB's are some of the best in the Big 12. The d-line is taking some drop off, but when you improve everywhere else, why worry?
                      Also, our receiver is only out 1 game. It isn't even a tough game, so why is that supposed to make us worrry? The offense was also very young last season and now they are vets. Taylor was also not a very good QB. He completely melted down in the title game last season. Keller should be far better as he has a much better arm and a season of learning the system now.



                      You do crack me up, jns......

                      "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                      tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                      men."

                      -- Samuel Adams

                      sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Why in the hell is Texas number 1?

                        They didn't do anything last year to even touch the at least 4 teams that deserve it over them. I'd say Florida, LSU... maybe Michigan, USC at least deserves #2...

                        but Texas? what the f...
                        sigpic

                        DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X