• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IrishConrad
    replied
    yeh

Originally posted by BVP View Post
    I really believe that Sonny's time here in Fort Collins should be over. He had a great run and did some great things, but he needs to hang it up so we can get started in the right direction again with a new coaching staff.

I think that's one of the biggest reasons for this game not being sold out. People have lost faith in Sonny. I wonder if the players have to.

Should have never named the field after him while he's still coaching. Hasn't had a winning record since.

Leave a comment:

• BVP
    replied
    Originally posted by IrishConrad View Post
    You can't base the WR's play on that game. Mainly because CSU didn't really stretch the field and use them.

If CSU wasn't hell bent on running Kyle Bell to the ground on 40-carries, you may have seen a bit more of what they can do. Thats what CSU fans hoped for. Use our experienced guys that can run crisp routs have great hands, and know how to get open for Haine.

Oh well, I've pretty much given up on this coaching staff. I hope they realize they'll have to score more points than Cal to win the game.
    I really believe that Sonny's time here in Fort Collins should be over. He had a great run and did some great things, but he needs to hang it up so we can get started in the right direction again with a new coaching staff.

Leave a comment:

• DrunkPanda
    replied
    ya i was surprised how conservative lubick got in the second half. it was beyond ridiculous

Leave a comment:

• IrishConrad
    replied
    WR's fine. Guy calling the shots....no

Originally posted by DrunkPanda View Post
    i don't know about your wide receivers man. they didn't show well against a weak cu secondary
    You can't base the WR's play on that game. Mainly because CSU didn't really stretch the field and use them.

If CSU wasn't hell bent on running Kyle Bell to the ground on 40-carries, you may have seen a bit more of what they can do. Thats what CSU fans hoped for. Use our experienced guys that can run crisp routs have great hands, and know how to get open for Haine.

Oh well, I've pretty much given up on this coaching staff. I hope they realize they'll have to score more points than Cal to win the game.

Leave a comment:

• CJ_5256
    replied
    i don't know about your wide receivers man. they didn't show well against a weak cu secondary
    ya the csu receivers didn't look like anything to be bragging about, Kory Sperry should be their go to guy, i dont know if he will but he should be

Leave a comment:

• DrunkPanda
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Buff_bronc_fan
    replied
    Well, let's keep in mind he was going up against a downright terrible CU secondary sans Terrance Wheatley...

That being said, the kid is a beast and has great hands. I don't know what kind of speed he has-- I'd say that would be the determining factor on him playing at the next level. He's got the size, so if he can run by some dudes like he did last weekend, watch out.

Leave a comment:

• BVP
    replied
    If you talking about colroado state you got it all wrong. 4 Senior Wr's with speed, hands, and a knack for getting open.

As soon as Sperry really starts getting double teamed. Walker, Roberts, Morton, and Hill can all make plays. And they have an experienced QB throwing the rock to them.

With that, to get noticed he needs to be the #1 guy....all the time.
    Those 5 guys should make Caleb Hanie an All-Conference player this year. We are stacked at WR and hopefully Hanie can just deliver.

Leave a comment:

• IrishConrad
    replied
    ???

Originally posted by CJ_5256 View Post
    The thing is, he probably will get looks like he did against CU since they don't have much threat at the WR position...
    If you talking about colroado state you got it all wrong. 4 Senior Wr's with speed, hands, and a knack for getting open.

As soon as Sperry really starts getting double teamed. Walker, Roberts, Morton, and Hill can all make plays. And they have an experienced QB throwing the rock to them.

With that, to get noticed he needs to be the #1 guy....all the time.

Leave a comment:

• CJ_5256
    replied
    If he continue to gets looks like he did yesterday He could be an early third rounder. I think he's a top 5 TE.

8 receptions for 103 yards with 3 td's yesterday.

One while giving a CU linebacker a ride on his back for 10 yards in to the endzone.

He also made a nice catch over the middle, took a nice hit and held on to the ball.
    The thing is, he probably will get looks like he did against CU since they don't have much threat at the WR position... I think it'd be very possibly for him to put up 8-10 TD's this year and be a low second - mid third round draft choice... I mean he has all the tools, his size 6'6 250's and still packing on, and speed (don't know exact but I'm sure it's in the 4.7's), the only knock is the school he plays for....

Leave a comment:

• IrishConrad
    replied
    Sperry.

If he continue to gets looks like he did yesterday He could be an early third rounder. I think he's a top 5 TE.

8 receptions for 103 yards with 3 td's yesterday.

One while giving a CU linebacker a ride on his back for 10 yards in to the endzone.

He also made a nice catch over the middle, took a nice hit and held on to the ball.

Leave a comment:

• BVP
    replied
    I would rank him as a top 10 TE in the nation. In the draft though, he will be around a 4th round pick at best.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoAV06
    replied
    Well I don;t know. As a fan of him of course you are going to say top 10, but with TE's there is a serious drop off after the top 1 or 2 in terms of draft stock.

But are you talking about Top 10 in College or coming out for the draft? I am sure I will getto know him as I am a Lobo fan, so we will be seeing him later this year.

Leave a comment:

• CJ_5256
    replied
    i'd say bottom 5
    ok, i'd like some serious feedback here

Leave a comment:

• DrunkPanda
    replied
    i'd say bottom 5

Leave a comment:

Working...