Fire Norv Turner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Norv Turner!

All that talent in San Diego and all they have to show is a 5-5 record.

Marty was not only a good coach, but he got the best out of his players.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
    2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

What would you rather have?

A coach who cant win a regular season game?
    or a coach who cant win a playoff game?

But Why are you mad? Do you like the Chargers?

I hope they keep Norv forever

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange View Post

Nooooooooooooo!!! That was the best move for the rest of the division! Don't fire Norv.... I want the chargers to do JUST good enough to keep him! PLEASE DON'T fire Norv TURNER!!!!

Comment

Dude! ShhhhhShhhhShhhh Dude!

Why would you want anybody BUT Norval coaching the Chargers?

Comment

Originally posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post

But Why are you mad? Do you like the Chargers?

I hope they keep Norv forever
          heh...

actually, this is for all my "Fire Shanahan" members because they are always calling for his head.

I think its a nice change a pace to call for somebody else's job for the time being.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
          2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

heh...

actually, this is for all my "Fire Shanahan" members because they are always calling for his head.

I think its a nice change a pace to call for somebody else's job for the time being.
            Yea I agree. You win your a genius. And you lose and your a fool and should get fired.

Hopefully they can go 8-8 or so and keep him again.

Comment

heh...

I think the switch to Norv Turner is a perfect example as to why we don't just want to switch because of some 'down' time....

Comment

Wrong witchu???

I am probably going to be the lone person thinking this, but it's not all Norv's fault. Last year, a great deal of Chargers players had career years. Not great years, but career years. The year before, they were the self proclaimed "best team NOT to make the playoffs." This Chargers team is not so far from that disappointing season, and a favorable schedule last year helped them out a lot. The players should look themselves in the mirror and stop blaming the coaches for everything that goes wrong. True, Norv's personality and Ted Cottrell's schemes are making things worse, but as good as the PLAYERS are, the TEAM is overrated.

It's an unusual blend. If you don't know what I mean, think about the Yankees from 2003 to the present. All that talent that gels together at the same time, but they ALL slump at the same time as well. It's not just Norv. They can get Bill Cowher to coach this team, unless players step up when most of the team can't, this is what you'll end up with.

Comment

Three things that help Denver have future success:

1. Norv Turner signs a contract extension.
                  2. Carl Peterson signs a contract extension.
                  3. Al Davis keeps living.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
                    Wrong witchu???

I am probably going to be the lone person thinking this, but it's not all Norv's fault. Last year, a great deal of Chargers players had career years. Not great years, but career years. The year before, they were the self proclaimed "best team NOT to make the playoffs." This Chargers team is not so far from that disappointing season, and a favorable schedule last year helped them out a lot. The players should look themselves in the mirror and stop blaming the coaches for everything that goes wrong. True, Norv's personality and Ted Cottrell's schemes are making things worse, but as good as the PLAYERS are, the TEAM is overrated.

It's an unusual blend. If you don't know what I mean, think about the Yankees from 2003 to the present. All that talent that gels together at the same time, but they ALL slump at the same time as well. It's not just Norv. They can get Bill Cowher to coach this team, unless players step up when most of the team can't, this is what you'll end up with.
                    The fact is, this team has the NFL MVP running back, the leagues best TE, a group of good football players.... and they went from 14-2 (and the year before considered the BEST team not to make the playoffs).. to a team that is less than 500 after 9 games. Twist that how you want to, but the truth is....this team is not playing NEARLY as well as it was last year or the year before that. They have dropped a BUNCH.... and its not due to the influx of new players. Its the influx of new coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
                      Wrong witchu???

Isn't it the coach's job to make the most of all that talent? Is it that big of a coincidence that all those players slump at the same time they get rid of all their successful coaches?

I think people really underestimate the coaches role on their teams. Great coaches can seem mediocre without good talent and, likewise, great players can seem mediocre without good coaching.

This game is about team effort, and that includes coaching.

And for the record, I don't entirely blame Norv. The loss of Cameron and Phillips were both big blows as well. It's mostly the GM's fault for not acting sooner and not retaining at least one of his coordinators to coach the team and keep some stability on the team.
                      Last edited by Javalon; 11-18-2007, 03:45 PM.
                      "You can't take the sky from me..."
                      ------
                      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                        I think the switch to Norv Turner is a perfect example as to why we don't just want to switch because of some 'down' time....
                        Hopefully we don't call 14-2 downtime.

Phillip Rivers isn't so awesome though.

Comment

NEVER! He is the best thing to happen for the Denver Broncos since Al Davis found the fountain of youth!!

Comment

Norv is the best thing that has happened for the Chargers since Ryan Leaf. I think he's a keeper and I hope he coaches in SD for many years to come!

Comment

Hell no....keep that fool around. Gives all of us something good to laugh at the rest of the season.
                              Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Working...
                              X