X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumbest Name in the NFL

I stole this quote from another thread, and it got me thinking:

Originally posted by Ravage!!!

I always root against the Cleveland Browns. Its just so much fun to watch them remain at the bottom of the NFL with those "brown" jerseys and ugly helmet (not to mention the dumbest name in the league as well).

Some other teams that could compete for the title of "Dumbest Name in the NFL":

Buffalo "Bills" (as in Buffalo Bill Cody, who names their team after a guy named Bill?)

Green Bay Packers (I realize that it's a tribute to the workers in the city, but "Packers?" Ridiculous!)

any other nominations for the title??

Houston Texans. Wow, how original. Thanks for the geography lesson.

Comment

dunver donkies .....how lame.......
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DawgFanatic View Post
        REAL NAMES, not nicknames!

Anyways, I think the Washington Redskins is a dumb name, it has racism written all over it.

and the Detroit Lions, HELLO THERE ARE NO LIONS IN DETROIT LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by DawgFanatic View Post
          That really is a rather stupid name.

I'm not really sure why you would call anyone that.

Especially in the 'Other NFL Teams' forum.

Comment

I love the Cleveland Browns name. I love their uniforms. It's old school. It's great for the NFL.

There's controversy about them being named after Joe Louis or Paul Brown. They're unique. Original. Like no other.

If you don't like what the Cleveland Browns are all about you don't appreciate the heritiage of the NFL.

Mein angenommenes Yankee ist Johnny Damon

Comment

I'm gonna go with Terdell Sands and Craphonso Thorpe.

Corey Dornail Williams is pretty stupid too......

Comment

Originally posted by PatsCrowEater View Post
                I love the Cleveland Browns name. I love their uniforms. It's old school. It's great for the NFL.

There's controversy about them being named after Joe Louis or Paul Brown. They're unique. Original. Like no other.

If you don't like what the Cleveland Browns are all about you don't appreciate the heritiage of the NFL.
                Every name is unique and like no other in the NFL. Steelers, Chiefs, Seahawks, Raiders, Broncos, Colts.... there is only one of those per NFL.

Its not that I don't have an appreciation for the 'heritage' of the NFL. I dont' want them to go back to leather helmets either. It just means I don't have an appreciation for their name, helmet, and uniform color.

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
                  I'm gonna go with Terdell Sands and Craphonso Thorpe.

Corey Dornail Williams is pretty stupid too......
                  Uhmmmm....... I think this was posted in the wrong thread??

Comment

I would not call it a dumb name just a name I don't care for... Jets. Its just ugly.

I do like the name Titans. I think that is one of the best names in the NFL. and they have a nice uniform to. (but not better than the Broncos)

Ravens are another cool name as well as uniform.

Cowboys on the other hand, good name for the location, I just do not like that star, I know why its there, just don't like it. But they will not change it. Its a tradition that they have.

I wish I had my own NFL team...
                    sigpic

Comment

I guess I should read more than just the title......

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                      Uhmmmm....... I think this was posted in the wrong thread??

They are pretty stupid names, though.

I'm gonna have to go with the Browns too.

Remember: If it's yellow, let it mellow....If it's Brown, flush it down......
                      Last edited by stnzed; 12-22-2007, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
                        They are pretty stupid names, though.

I'm gonna have to go with the Browns too.

Remember: If it's yellow let it mellow....If it's Brown, flush it down......
                        LAUGHS!!!!!!!!! ahahaah.......

Comment

Arizona Cardinals is just not a name for a football team.

Comment

New Orleans Saints

Are there really saints in New Orleans I mean really Lousiana is in the top 3 in crime and the majority of that happens in New Orleans. Also what's up with the logo. It makes no sense. For those who don't know what it is it's called a Fleur De Lis and it is a flower. ***!!!

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                              New Orleans Saints

Are there really saints in New Orleans I mean really Lousiana is in the top 3 in crime and the majority of that happens in New Orleans. Also what's up with the logo. It makes no sense. For those who don't know what it is it's called a Fleur De Lis and it is a flower. ***!!!
                              It may be purely ornamental or it may be "at one and the same time political, dynastic, artistic, emblematic and symbolic", especially in heraldry. While it has appeared on countless European coats of arms and flags over the centuries, the fleur-de-lis is particularly associated with the French monarchy on a historical context, and nowadays with the Spanish monarchy as the only remaining monarchs of the Bourbon House (Anjou Bourbon). It is an enduring symbol of France, but, being regarded most notably as the emblem of the monarchy, was not adopted officially by any of the French republics.

New Orleans has a very French history and French heritage.

Comment

Working...
                              X