NFL fines Ref for Choke Hold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL fines Ref for Choke Hold

The NFL has fined umpire Jim Quirk one game check — $8,150 — for inappropriate physical contact with players, league officials told FOXSports.com.

The fine stems from Quirk's takedown of Packers LB Nick Barnett this past week with a choke from behind. He had a similar foul a couple of weeks ago when he horse-collared Falcons rookie Jason Snelling. On that play, a kickoff, Quirk drove Snelling into the ground. After the play Snelling jumped up with his arms in the air, waving in disbelief.
    In addition, Commissioner Roger Goodell personally called Barnett earlier this week and told him he was outraged by the incident and he would take care of it for the player. The basic moral was that the league office would treat everyone the same if an infraction occurred. Thus, if a ref does something wrong or a player does something wrong, both will be held accountable.

Originally posted by calibroncogrl47 View Post
    The NFL has fined umpire Jim Quirk one game check — $8,150 — for inappropriate physical contact with players, league officials told FOXSports.com.

The fine stems from Quirk's takedown of Packers LB Nick Barnett this past week with a choke from behind. He had a similar foul a couple of weeks ago when he horse-collared Falcons rookie Jason Snelling. On that play, a kickoff, Quirk drove Snelling into the ground. After the play Snelling jumped up with his arms in the air, waving in disbelief.
    In addition, Commissioner Roger Goodell personally called Barnett earlier this week and told him he was outraged by the incident and he would take care of it for the player. The basic moral was that the league office would treat everyone the same if an infraction occurred. Thus, if a ref does something wrong or a player does something wrong, both will be held accountable.
    That's CRAZY! What in the world is he thinking?
    sigpic

Comment

Even the XFL Refs wern't like that.

But yea... I dont know if he meant harm by it.
      I guess he just got caught up in the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by calibroncogrl47 View Post

I hadn't even heard about either incident. Does anyone know if it's on youtube? I mean, what was the situation when it happened? Or was it like that Bud Light commercial where the ref sacks the quarterback for the case of beer? Kinda makes that commercial not so funny now.

Comment

Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
          I hadn't even heard about either incident. Does anyone know if it's on youtube? I mean, what was the situation when it happened? Or was it like that Bud Light commercial where the ref sacks the quarterback for the case of beer? Kinda makes that commercial not so funny now.
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=cA4T5iRERo0

There it is.

Making team signature bars, just drop me a PM. :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by Stand Ablaze View Post

Comment

He's lucky Barnett didn't turn around and beat the ish out of him. Try that on Pacman Jones and see what happens.

$8K for that?? And Sapp gets fined $75K for mouthing off to a ref? BS.
              Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Originally posted by Giveemlove View Post
                He's lucky Barnett didn't turn around and beat the ish out of him. Try that on Pacman Jones and see what happens.

$8K for that?? And Sapp gets fined $75K for mouthing off to a ref? BS.
                Pacman Jones might have whipped out his glock.

Comment

Maybe he had seen the commerical where the ref sacks the QB for what I think is a Bud Light........hahahahahaha

"What?.......It was a clean hit!" lolhahahahahaha

PEACE!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X