X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raiders going to a Cover 2 scheme?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3177174

I know it reports about Ryan going to the jets but get this:

Sources indicated Ryan was told before the Raiders' final game, against San Diego on Sunday, that he would not be returning in 2008, according to the Tribune. That could clear the way for coach Lane Kiffin to hire his father, Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin, as the elder Kiffin's contract with the Bucs expires at the end of their season.

Thoughts?

Oh and I posted this in Gd because it's a division opponent and since the season is over this is more interesting to talk about than the constant "Screw Walker" crap
    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

now it's really Lane's team

Originally posted by JoRo View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3177174

I know it reports about Ryan going to the jets but get this:

Sources indicated Ryan was told before the Raiders' final game, against San Diego on Sunday, that he would not be returning in 2008, according to the Tribune. That could clear the way for coach Lane Kiffin to hire his father, Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin, as the elder Kiffin's contract with the Bucs expires at the end of their season.

Thoughts?

Oh and I posted this in Gd because it's a division opponent and since the season is over this is more interesting to talk about than the constant "Screw Walker" crap
    I think this move was a year in the making. I think when the search was on last time a big portion of the team wanted Ryan to get the HC job. Kiffin would have preferred a clean slate but probably kept Ryan on for continuity sake considering the defense did play well. Now he gets to put his stamp fully on the team. Might not bring in Dad but I bet he brings in one of Dad's proteges. I'm not that worried when it comes to the Tampa 2 and how we fare against it. We have much more trouble with the 3-4 when it's run well.

Of course this year we had problems with everyone but that was because we had the 3rd C and the 3rd LG starting most of the year.
    "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

Comment

Doesn't Cutler struggle against cover two? They did a segment on NFL Playbook how he does.

Comment

His dad is a heck of a coach.
        "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

I don't think Kiffins pops wants Tales from the Crypt breathing down his neck, even for his own son.

I don't think the Cover 2 would be a perfect fit for the Raiders D anyhow. I think the Raiders follow the trend they did with Lane and try to nab a young and on the rise person from the college rank for D. Coordinator.
          Last edited by TonyGFortheTD; 01-03-2008, 02:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X