Coach of the Year??? Pffft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach of the Year??? Pffft

Alright....so you have a team that has a perfect regular season.....hell you may even win the Superbowl, making a perfect season and making history.

BUT YOU GOT CAUGHT FOR CHEATING AND WAS FINED

$500,000 BY THE NFL!!
    Should Belichick still be a candidate for coach of the year?? Hell I'd rather give it to Kubiak for having his first winning season and turning the Texans around. What does Broncos Nation think??
    Last edited by LRod; 01-06-2008, 08:13 AM.
    sigpic
    Victory Red 2010 2SS/RS (SuperSport w/Rally Sport package).

Yeah, it doesn't make sense to name a cheater as the coach of the year. I don't think this is an NFL award. I'm sure he wouldn't have gotten it if was an award given by the league. I can't see Roger Goodell supporting the idea of rewarding someone who was caught and fined for cheating with this honor. I guess the AP just doesn't care. Oh Well!!
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Well if a player can go to the Pro-Bowl last year having been suspended for steroid use then I don't see why not.....

Comment

Im sure that other coaches have and still do break the rules to get info on opposing teams , but if your dumb enough 2 get caught the way he did then you not only have a complete disregard 4 the rules , but you also belive that your above those rules...if only there was an award for most arrogant coach.

Comment

Originally posted by thehighlander View Post
          Well if a player can go to the Pro-Bowl last year having been suspended for steroid use then I don't see why not.....
          Exactly.

Belichek hasn't done anything other coaches don't do. The only difference is he used a recorder, and that's against the rules.

Merrimen on the other hand....

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
            Exactly.

Belichek hasn't done anything other coaches don't do. The only difference is he used a recorder, and that's against the rules.

Merrimen on the other hand....
            The difference is... he cheated. Plain and simple. He got CAUGHT for cheating.... whether the other coaches "supposedly" cheat or not. The difference is he DID get caught.

Merriman shouldn't have made the pro-bowl, and Belicheck shouldn't be given awards for being caught cheating. What kind of message is that sending??? Cheat, get caught... 'cause it doesn't matter anyway. THe rewards are better than the consequences.

Comment

I'm sorry, but if your team wins all it's games, the coach deserves COY. Sypgate is the most overblown story in the history of the NFL. Had it been pretty much any other team, everyone would have forgotten about it by now. Besides, why is this in team talk? There are already threads about it in other nfl team sections.

Comment

It is so funny that me and my friends and people on this board are the only ones still talking about this.

I so called it, week 2. I told everyone, watch, because this is the Patriots, who happen to be a very good and marketable team, this whole cheating scandal is going to go away.

it is exactly what happened with Shawne Merriman. If Shawne Merriman was not someone the sports media already declared as LT's second coming, then maybe we would of heard more about that too. Now it will be mentioned the rest of his career about as much as it get mentioned that JASON KIDD BEAT HIS WIFE.

Morals are more important that sports. And I won't ever care if that opinion makes me them minority, because I will NEVER root for a cheater on my team. I never wanted Sauerbraun on our team because he was one of the 2003 Carolina Panthers caught using.

You may or may not believe me but if right now it came out that Jay Cutler was tested positive for steroids I would instantly never be a fan of his again.

Charger fans who are out there buying their children Merriman jerseys make me sick. What happened to the days when sports was a metaphor for life, and character actually mattered to our society.

So the Pats can go 19-0 this year, and the next 3 years, make it 58-0 why not, and it will be a great accomplishment, but they will never get the taint off of what they did. Cheating is the one poison that has potential to RUIN sports, (see mlb)

Comment

Originally posted by Magneto83 View Post
                  It is so funny that me and my friends and people on this board are the only ones still talking about this.

I so called it, week 2. I told everyone, watch, because this is the Patriots, who happen to be a very good and marketable team, this whole cheating scandal is going to go away.

it is exactly what happened with Shawne Merriman. If Shawne Merriman was not someone the sports media already declared as LT's second coming, then maybe we would of heard more about that too. Now it will be mentioned the rest of his career about as much as it get mentioned that JASON KIDD BEAT HIS WIFE.

Morals are more important that sports. And I won't ever care if that opinion makes me them minority, because I will NEVER root for a cheater on my team. I never wanted Sauerbraun on our team because he was one of the 2003 Carolina Panthers caught using.

You may or may not believe me but if right now it came out that Jay Cutler was tested positive for steroids I would instantly never be a fan of his again.

Charger fans who are out there buying their children Merriman jerseys make me sick. What happened to the days when sports was a metaphor for life, and character actually mattered to our society.

So the Pats can go 19-0 this year, and the next 3 years, make it 58-0 why not, and it will be a great accomplishment, but they will never get the taint off of what they did. Cheating is the one poison that has potential to RUIN sports, (see mlb)
                  Even if it had been the Miami Dolphins the story would have gone away by week 2. The only reason the story still has the legs that it does is because the team that got caught is undefeated.

Here is the main reason I defend the Pats. When someone from another team does something bad I think to myself, if someone on the Broncos did the same thing, would I defend them? When it came to spygate, I decided that I would defend Shanny if he did it because it's well known that several teams do similar things. It would be very hypocritical of me to blast the Patriots for something that I would defend the Broncos for doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                    The difference is... he cheated. Plain and simple. He got CAUGHT for cheating.... whether the other coaches "supposedly" cheat or not. The difference is he DID get caught.

Merriman shouldn't have made the pro-bowl, and Belicheck shouldn't be given awards for being caught cheating. What kind of message is that sending??? Cheat, get caught... 'cause it doesn't matter anyway. THe rewards are better than the consequences.
                    I'm not denying the fact that he broke a rule, but the magnitude of the rule he broke is like driving through a red light. All the coaches do it. He got caught.

Also, this controversy was water under the bridge in week 5. It has no bearing whatsoever in what the Patriot's accomplished this entire season.

Comment

Originally posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
                      Even if it had been the Miami Dolphins the story would have gone away by week 2. The only reason the story still has the legs that it does is because the team that got caught is undefeated.

Here is the main reason I defend the Pats. When someone from another team does something bad I think to myself, if someone on the Broncos did the same thing, would I defend them? When it came to spygate, I decided that I would defend Shanny if he did it because it's well known that several teams do similar things. It would be very hypocritical of me to blast the Patriots for something that I would defend the Broncos for doing.

See it has been said that 'everyone does this' just like in baseball you can say 'theres no blood test so everyone does hgh'
                      Well to me thats not good enough. You find a way to clean up the game and you do it, at all costs. Make all those huge forehead baseball players get their blood tested, they don't like it, go get a job like the rest of us, or live off whats in your bank account.
                      I'm not one to buy into the whole 'if your not cheating your not trying' good ol' boy 'we all do this' BS. Cheating ruins sports, makes it a bunch of idiots running around playing a pointless game for no reason at all.

Comment

some people seem surprised.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by prez View Post
                          Im sure that other coaches have and still do break the rules to get info on opposing teams , but if your dumb enough 2 get caught the way he did then you not only have a complete disregard 4 the rules , but you also belive that your above those rules...if only there was an award for most arrogant coach.
                          The only thing I have against BB is the way he was jumping up and down, smiling, and laughing when he beat the colts.

And in the post game interview he acted like the win was nothing special. saying "It was just another win nothing else"

Actions don't lie. He loved that win after the colts beat them in the AFCC.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
                            I'm sorry, but if your team wins all it's games, the coach deserves COY. Sypgate is the most overblown story in the history of the NFL. Had it been pretty much any other team, everyone would have forgotten about it by now. Besides, why is this in team talk? There are already threads about it in other nfl team sections.
                            Agreed...I don't like him but hard to argue with what they have done. And to those who think they did it because of the "cheating" come on!...They dominated teams...Like I said I don't really like them but I do respect what they have done.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingralph View Post
                              Agreed...I don't like him but hard to argue with what they have done. And to those who think they did it because of the "cheating" come on!...They dominated teams...Like I said I don't really like them but I do respect what they have done.
                              Well the AP writers could have taken a stand if they wanted to.

All the Hall of Fame voters probably will keep out a bunch of steroid using baseball players, its a matter of principle.

I don't think they won all those games because their video taping, but they made their cheating bed, they can lay in it.

Comment

Working...
                              X