Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting Article on Bill Belichick

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Interesting Article on Bill Belichick

    This is an excellent, well-written article on Belichick that gives a different perspective on him than most people on here look at him with. Might make you think twice before you criticize him.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...tom&id=3191859



  • #2
    blah blah blah everyone should respect him because hes the first to go 16-0* and apparently likes to call everyone a-holes

    Comment


    • #3
      I assume you quit reading after a couple of paragraphs.


      Comment


      • #4
        have a huge headache and I read the first half of it. Dont care about belicheat enough to read that much.

        Comment


        • #5
          Since you didn't read the end, I really liked this excerpt.

          Bob Knight says the tension between Belichick and Mangini is natural among coaches who once worked together. He has no qualms about Spygate, which he suspects is "nothing that every coach in the history of the NFL hasn't done in one way or another." He sees no fault in the wide margins of victory, because it's unnatural not to score if you can. And Knight is certain none of these controversies will matter much in the end, when obituaries are written.

          "Over the past seven years they've been the best team in football," says the winningest men's coach in college hoops, who no doubt hopes his own faults will matter less with time. "If anybody has any intelligence whatsoever, that's how they'll remember the team and the coach."
          Can't argue with one of the greatest coaches in the history of any sport.


          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
            Since you didn't read the end, I really liked this excerpt.



            Can't argue with one of the greatest coaches in the history of any sport.
            of course nobody is going to talk bad about him, the whole league and 90% of nfl fans are in love with him.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post
              of course nobody is going to talk bad about him, the whole league and 90% of nfl fans are in love with him.
              I'd say it's more around 70%. The other 30% are either fans of division rivals, the Colts, or just haters in general.


              Comment

              Working...
              X