Jaguars @ Patriots game day thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post
    No other teams go out of their way when they have a lead to blow out their opponents. Its New Englands job to win, they didnt have to do what they did this year, they were either out to embarass the other teams or just to break records.
    So, should we just put in a mercy rule? Obviously, they should not even be in the league. Because if you humiliate teams so bad, pro teams at that, that people are begging them to bench there starters they are just too damn good. One other thing I noticed in almost all of the games, the opposing team had its starters too. You can use the same, they could get an injury theory for all of those teams as well. But they kept there starters in the whole time. Brady was usually on the bench half way through the 4th. They took him out with what 9-10 minutes to go in the 4th in the Washington game? Only to have Matt Cassell come in to abuse the skins too? I just do not get, and I highly doubt anyone on these boards would be saying similar things about the Broncos, if they did it. Everyone would be loving it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yMdVHruUfI

Travis Henry, single handedly taking the class out of our organization.

Bowlen, you gutless drunk!

Comment

• I also find it ironic, most fans here keep calling them classless. Its like a pot calling the kettle black.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports...PIorderBy=Team

This is not smack, this is fact since 2000 we have had 18 players arrested we had the 4th most. Only the Bengals 26, Vikings 25, and Chiefs 20 have more. To put it into perspective for you, we had twice as many of the Raiders. New England is actually toward the bottom of the league. With 7 players being arrested.

Lets also factor in, Henry getting popped with another positive test. Romocop running around juiced out of his mind, spitting in peoples faces(97, Monday night game). Mike Anderson getting popped for multi positive tests. I think its about time every around here gets off there high horse about who, or who is not classy or classless. Because we have no right to be calling any team in the league classless by the way our players handle themselves.

They also have not had anyone arrested since the summer of 06. Lets look at it this way, since John Sullivan got arrested in 06, Denver has had since that time, the exact amount that the Pats have had since 2000. Which is really a sad number.
      Last edited by Elway=Goat; 01-13-2008, 05:43 AM.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yMdVHruUfI

Travis Henry, single handedly taking the class out of our organization.

Bowlen, you gutless drunk!

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
        greatest single game performance by any qb i've ever seen in 28 years of watching the nfl (would have been 28 for 28 if his receivers weren't morons)

congrats pats fans, great game tonight
        Thanks JC and good luck in your game against Indy today.

Could this be Saint Dungy's last game coaching the Cults?

Mein angenommenes Yankee ist Johnny Damon

Comment

• Originally posted by Elway=Goat View Post
          Why? He is just as classy as anyone in the league. He is never in trouble with the law. He is never in trouble on the field, and is the ultimate pro. The guy took about 60 mill less, when he could of demanded Michael Vick and Peyton Manning type money. The Colts comment is laughable, Peyton Manning is the face of that franchise and after that Steelers loss a few years ago when he choked in the playoffs like he has so many times, threw his Oline under the bus, and basically blamed them for the loss.

That is one thing you never see Brady do. The guy never throws other players under the bus, the guy never props himself up to be better than the team. He is the ultimate team player, read him comments regarding himself and the team, and read the comments of what the team thinks of him. I can understand disliking a coach(I personally think he is great, and if he was our coach and winning like he has over the last seven years everyone on this board would love him) but overall, this team has handled themselves with class. Most players in the league would take pay cuts to play there. If it was as classless, and as satanic as most on this board seem to think people would not be lining up to take pay cuts to play there.
          Agreed. I'm not sure what Brady's ever done to be considered classless. So he talked a little trash to Anthony Smith during the game. BIG FREAKIN WHOOP. Anyone who has ever played football (which some of you obviously haven't) knows that trash talk goes on during every single game. It's part of football. It's pretty hypocritical to bash Brady for it but to endlessly praise Shannon Sharpe, who was the biggest trash talker to ever play.

Originally posted by Elway=Goat View Post
          So, should we just put in a mercy rule? Obviously, they should not even be in the league. Because if you humiliate teams so bad, pro teams at that, that people are begging them to bench there starters they are just too damn good. One other thing I noticed in almost all of the games, the opposing team had its starters too. You can use the same, they could get an injury theory for all of those teams as well. But they kept there starters in the whole time. Brady was usually on the bench half way through the 4th. They took him out with what 9-10 minutes to go in the 4th in the Washington game? Only to have Matt Cassell come in to abuse the skins too? I just do not get, and I highly doubt anyone on these boards would be saying similar things about the Broncos, if they did it. Everyone would be loving it.
          Once again, agreed. People criticize them for running up the score, but keeping the offense sharp obviously worked for them. What if they had just rested their starters at halftime of all the games and their offense got rusty and it would up costing them against the Eagles or Ravens? And people criticize them for going for 4th downs. Well guess what...that is GREAT situation work for a game where you might actually need a 4th down (see Baltimore game). What if they had never gone for a 4th down before that game and against Baltimore they missed the 4th down because they hadn't gotten enough work in that situation? Everyone criticizes the pats for running up the score but that was obviously the formula for keeping your team sharp enough to win every game. You can criticize them all day but it has gotten them to 17-0. Can't argue with that.

Originally posted by Elway=Goat View Post
          I also find it ironic, most fans here keep calling them classless. Its like a pot calling the kettle black.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports...PIorderBy=Team

This is not smack, this is fact since 2000 we have had 18 players arrested we had the 4th most. Only the Bengals 26, Vikings 25, and Chiefs 20 have more. To put it into perspective for you, we had twice as many of the Raiders. New England is actually toward the bottom of the league. With 7 players being arrested.

Lets also factor in, Henry getting popped with another positive test. Romocop running around juiced out of his mind, spitting in peoples faces(97, Monday night game). Mike Anderson getting popped for multi positive tests. I think its about time every around here gets off there high horse about who, or who is not classy or classless. Because we have no right to be calling any team in the league classless by the way our players handle themselves.

They also have not had anyone arrested since the summer of 06. Lets look at it this way, since John Sullivan got arrested in 06, Denver has had since that time, the exact amount that the Pats have had since 2000. Which is really a sad number.
          It's typical football fan hypocrisy. According to most Bronco fans, it's ok if someone on the Broncos does something bad. To them it's just a "one time thing that won't happen again." But if a pat does it, they are lowlife classless scum. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

I have always called Charger fans the biggest hypocrites but Bronco fans are right behind them.

Comment

• Originally posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
            Agreed. I'm not sure what Brady's ever done to be considered classless. So he talked a little trash to Anthony Smith during the game. BIG FREAKIN WHOOP. Anyone who has ever played football (which some of you obviously haven't) knows that trash talk goes on during every single game. It's part of football. It's pretty hypocritical to bash Brady for it but to endlessly praise Shannon Sharpe, who was the biggest trash talker to ever play.

Once again, agreed. People criticize them for running up the score, but keeping the offense sharp obviously worked for them. What if they had just rested their starters at halftime of all the games and their offense got rusty and it would up costing them against the Eagles or Ravens? And people criticize them for going for 4th downs. Well guess what...that is GREAT situation work for a game where you might actually need a 4th down (see Baltimore game). What if they had never gone for a 4th down before that game and against Baltimore they missed the 4th down because they hadn't gotten enough work in that situation? Everyone criticizes the pats for running up the score but that was obviously the formula for keeping your team sharp enough to win every game. You can criticize them all day but it has gotten them to 17-0. Can't argue with that.

It's typical football fan hypocrisy. According to most Bronco fans, it's ok if someone on the Broncos does something bad. To them it's just a "one time thing that won't happen again." But if a pat does it, they are lowlife classless scum. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

I have always called Charger fans the biggest hypocrites but Bronco fans are right behind them.
            When did a bronco fan say its ok if a bronco said it? I cant stand Travis Henry, I want him gone because of what he does off the field. Hes a good runningback but I cant stand him.

-Todd Saurburn, was happy when he was kicked off. Never liked Sharpe, cant stand it when he talks either.

-Hated Romanowski, you dont spit in someones face and gain my respect by that.

-Brandon Marshall has talked some trash but nothing that big, still its my biggest problem.

-Daniel Graham I dont think did anything that big by punching a bedpost but I still wonder about him.

Also about the running up the score thing, its every patriot fans response "its their job to stop us" thats the dumbest excuse ever. 42-10 with no time left and he goes for it on 4th down. Thats putting your entire offense at risk for no reason but to embarass the other teams. Why dont other teams try this? Why do other teams take out their starters and kick field goals at that point? Because its THE SAFE THING TO DO AND BEST SITUATION TO WIN. Remember Westbrook taking a seat at the 1 yard line after he busts a 30 yard run? He did that so they could eat up the clock and win instead of putting up points.

Comment

Working...
            X