Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colts made same mistake as Jax did....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Colts made same mistake as Jax did....

    it looked like the Colts had the same game plan as the Jags did, and that was to NOT pressure the QB at all. They spent the entire game rushing only 3-4 rushers and giving Phillip RIvers time to throw.

    Shannon Sharpe had a good point. Both the Chargers QBs are very immobile, yet you only rush 3-4 guys the entire game, giving them time to pick apart your defense. When you have a guy that has led the NFL in turnovers, you don't just give him time to find the open guy... you FORCE him to make quick decisions and throws, and the Colts didn't do it at allllllll.

  • #2
    I agree. But too late now.


    time for dinner!
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
      it looked like the Colts had the same game plan as the Jags did, and that was to NOT pressure the QB at all. They spent the entire game rushing only 3-4 rushers and giving Phillip RIvers time to throw.

      Shannon Sharpe had a good point. Both the Chargers QBs are very immobile, yet you only rush 3-4 guys the entire game, giving them time to pick apart your defense. When you have a guy that has led the NFL in turnovers, you don't just give him time to find the open guy... you FORCE him to make quick decisions and throws, and the Colts didn't do it at allllllll.
      ??? on nearly 65% of the chargers offensive plays they had 8 or even nine in the box?? Watch the game again..lol

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Mad Madigan View Post
        ??? on nearly 65% of the chargers offensive plays they had 8 or even nine in the box?? Watch the game again..lol
        Putting 8 or nine in teh box doesn't mean they rushed any of them... learn football, watch the game again, then come back and post....

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
          Putting 8 or nine in teh box doesn't mean they rushed any of them... learn football, watch the game again, then come back and post....


          Yeah I'm pretty sure they were playing the run, hence LT's average performance. Plus this came up in another thread discussing the Tampa Two dungie runs. Completely dependent on getting pressure from the front four. Something they absolutely couldn't do all game long, which exposes their weakness: their CBs.

          Speaking of the Jags game, when they switched to 3-4 at the end of the 2nd, it seemed like they were bringing the pressure they needed and got a stop. Then they went back to a 4-man front pretty much the rest of the game.
          "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Lomax View Post


            Yeah I'm pretty sure they were playing the run, hence LT's average performance. Plus this came up in another thread discussing the Tampa Two dungie runs. Completely dependent on getting pressure from the front four. Something they absolutely couldn't do all game long, which exposes their weakness: their CBs.

            Speaking of the Jags game, when they switched to 3-4 at the end of the 2nd, it seemed like they were bringing the pressure they needed and got a stop. Then they went back to a 4-man front pretty much the rest of the game.
            LT's Average performance was probably due to the fact that he only played 20 minutes of the game.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by DRUNK View Post
              LT's Average performance was probably due to the fact that he only played 20 minutes of the game.
              I'm referring to the 4ypc they held him to.
              "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                exactly. He only played 20 minutes. Who knows what his numbers would have been like had he not been taken out in the beginning of the 2nd quarter due to injury...

                what were the total numbers against the run though.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DRUNK View Post
                  exactly. He only played 20 minutes. Who knows what his numbers would have been like had he not been taken out in the beginning of the 2nd quarter due to injury...
                  LOL I have no idea. Point is they put 8 in the box to stop him. NOT Rivers.
                  "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    oh i see. then your right. they did stop him one way or another....

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X