Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Dallas in the SB

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Max Power View Post
    Green Bay and New England in the Super Bowl. Should be a pretty good game.
    The NFL will make sure that will be the Super Bowl. They already had votes on NFL.com to see what the Casual Fans want to see. I hate both teams but I'll be rooting hard for the Packers if they play the Patriots.

    I want ReChargers vs Giants so I can laugh at all the Bandwagon Charger Fans here in SoCal when they lose the Super Bowl to Eli who didn't want to play for them. Three years ago you couldn't find a Charger Fan nowhere now all of a sudden they are everywhere. I bet they don't know who Marian Butts or Leslie O'Neal is.
    sigpic
    In A Room Called Real, I Stay Forever!

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Conde View Post
      The NFL will make sure that will be the Super Bowl. They already had votes on NFL.com to see what the Casual Fans want to see. I hate both teams but I'll be rooting hard for the Packers if they play the Patriots.

      I want ReChargers vs Giants so I can laugh at all the Bandwagon Charger Fans here in SoCal when they lose the Super Bowl to Eli who didn't want to play for them. Three years ago you couldn't find a Charger Fan nowhere now all of a sudden they are everywhere. I bet they don't know who Marian Butts or Leslie O'Neal is.
      Oh look, we have another "the nfl wants the pats to win" conspiracy theorist.


      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
        Oh look, we have another "the nfl wants the pats to win" conspiracy theorist.
        do you ever even consider that is just might have some truth to it? something like this wouldn't shock me at all.
        Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.


        Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
        Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

        Comment


        • #19
          Don't be ridiculous.

          I'm waiting patiently to say "Ride the Lightning!"
          when the Chargers lose next Sunday.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by str8jacket View Post
            Glad to see you found another bandwagon, since you seem to have yourself misinformed again.
            What are you talking about? What was I misinformed on? Seriously?

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by NinjaPirateFunk View Post
              do you ever even consider that is just might have some truth to it? something like this wouldn't shock me at all.
              Let me guess. You're one of those people who think we never walked on the moon, dinosaurs never existed, and that think Elvis is still alive, because all of those claims are just as ridiculous as saying that the NFL has a conspiracy to help the Pats win.


              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
                Let me guess. You're one of those people who think we never walked on the moon, dinosaurs never existed, and that think Elvis is still alive, because all of those claims are just as ridiculous as saying that the NFL has a conspiracy to help the Pats win.
                ..........or, maybe i'm not and you just went needlessly overboard.

                i'm usually one of the first people to shoot down silly conspiracy theories. but in this case, it wouldn't surprise me. now i'm not saying the game is rigged, because people always seem to think other people are implying that. it's not that black or white, it never would be. but when arguing things generally degenerate into that. i'm saying with all the advertisers and owners and high dollar amounts floating around and profits on the brain, i wouldn't be shocked if the game was very influenced. i hate to bring up the pats games again because you have some strange fascination with blindly defending their wins, but even michael strahan said the refs were flag happy, not wanting to be the ones who ruined the perfect season. i'm not accusing the league i'm saying it wouldn't shock me if alot of games were heavily influenced. i mean they've made it incredibly easy for themselves. this is a game based upon judgement calls of slow, plodding old men. the biggest richest league in the world lets the game come down to "well, i kinda think the ball was here" calls that can decide championships. i just think some people don't want to admit part of the game may be tainted, for fear of tainting their own victories and triumphs in both the past and future.

                or, you could take the easy road and label me fox mulder. whatever works for you.
                Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.


                Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
                Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by NinjaPirateFunk View Post
                  ..........or, maybe i'm not and you just went needlessly overboard.

                  i'm usually one of the first people to shoot down silly conspiracy theories. but in this case, it wouldn't surprise me. now i'm not saying the game is rigged, because people always seem to think other people are implying that. it's not that black or white, it never would be. but when arguing things generally degenerate into that. i'm saying with all the advertisers and owners and high dollar amounts floating around and profits on the brain, i wouldn't be shocked if the game was very influenced. i hate to bring up the pats games again because you have some strange fascination with blindly defending their wins, but even michael strahan said the refs were flag happy, not wanting to be the ones who ruined the perfect season. i'm not accusing the league i'm saying it wouldn't shock me if alot of games were heavily influenced. i mean they've made it incredibly easy for themselves. this is a game based upon judgement calls of slow, plodding old men. the biggest richest league in the world lets the game come down to "well, i kinda think the ball was here" calls that can decide championships. i just think some people don't want to admit part of the game may be tainted, for fear of tainting their own victories and triumphs in both the past and future.

                  or, you could take the easy road and label me fox mulder. whatever works for you.
                  Whatever you say Mr. Mulder.

                  (said in best Cigarette Smoking Man voice for fellow X-Files fans )
                  Last edited by BaileyTheBest; 01-14-2008, 06:52 PM.


                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I think what NPR has some merit. Not saying the games are rigged but its obvious the nfl at least wants the pats to win. It might not be rigged but maybe the refs are encouraged to maybe lean towards the pats, maybe not. Its possible though and he never said he for sure thinks that the nfl is rigged.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X