• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronco_Armada
    replied
    Originally posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    Bubba Franks
    People will actually name there kids Bubba?

That is just as bad as Boris.

Never name your kids Bubba or Boris. They will never love you.

Leave a comment:

• BaileyTheBest
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco_Armada View Post
    other players from the state with a really big river

Lance Alworth - Member of both the College and Pro Football Hall of Fame
    Archie Manning - One of the greatest QBs in New Orleans Saints history
    L.C. Greenwood - Owns four Super Bowl rings with the Pittsburgh Steelers
    Steve McNair - NFL co-MVP in 2003
    Jackie Slater - Set NFL record for linemen by playing in 259 consecutive games
    Hugh Green - Two-time Pro Bowler with Bucs and Dolphins
    Eric Moulds - Three-time Pro Bowler currently with Texans
    Deuce McAllister - New Orleans Saints all-time leading rusher

MS was also named biggest football state of America in 2006. for those interested.
    Yes, we love our football out here. It's pretty much all there is to do in Mississippi!

Some other stars from here are up and comer Jerious Norwood for the Falcons, Bubba Franks from the Packers, Deshea Townsend from the Steelers, Eli Manning, and one of my personal faves, Fred Smoot!
    Last edited by BaileyTheBest; 01-15-2008, 06:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BaileyTheBest
    replied
    Originally posted by theshiverman View Post
    You left out Walter Payton who played at Jackson State

whoa, thats a heck of a trio from mississippi

Favre, Rice, Payton
    Well I wasn't alive when he played but yeah, you could make a hall of fame team from our state.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco_Armada
    replied
    other players from the state with a really big river

Lance Alworth - Member of both the College and Pro Football Hall of Fame
    Archie Manning - One of the greatest QBs in New Orleans Saints history
    L.C. Greenwood - Owns four Super Bowl rings with the Pittsburgh Steelers
    Steve McNair - NFL co-MVP in 2003
    Jackie Slater - Set NFL record for linemen by playing in 259 consecutive games
    Hugh Green - Two-time Pro Bowler with Bucs and Dolphins
    Eric Moulds - Three-time Pro Bowler currently with Texans
    Deuce McAllister - New Orleans Saints all-time leading rusher

MS was also named biggest football state of America in 2006. for those interested.

Leave a comment:

• theshiverman
    replied
    Yeah, that's it.

I liked Jerry Rice who was from Mississippi and didn't go to MSU.

I love Patrick Willis who went to our archrival Ole Miss.

I like Southern Miss and go to watch them play every once in a while.

So yeah, um, try again.
    You left out Walter Payton who played at Jackson State

whoa, thats a heck of a trio from mississippi

Favre, Rice, Payton

Leave a comment:

• BaileyTheBest
    replied
    Originally posted by theshiverman View Post
    Because he is the Best QB to ever come out of the state of Mississippi and he didnt play at Mississippi State.
    Yeah, that's it.

I liked Jerry Rice who was from Mississippi and didn't go to MSU.

I love Patrick Willis who went to our archrival Ole Miss.

I like Southern Miss and go to watch them play every once in a while.

So yeah, um, try again.

Leave a comment:

• theshiverman
    replied
    I've never particularly liked Brett Favre either, and I'm FROM Mississippi. I'm not really sure why either. He has always just rubbed me the wrong way for some reason. I can't really put my finger on it. He seems like a really cool guy, I just don't like him.
    Because he is the Best QB to ever come out of the state of Mississippi and he didnt play at Mississippi State.

Leave a comment:

• theshiverman
    replied
    Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
    excuses excuses

the bad faction of your fanbase is pretty transparent

back before LT got his due, it was the same thing from denver fans about how LT is no good , then they finally had to just admit it

PR i admit is giving you guys an easy excuse not to admit the great play he's putting up, but it'll happen as he keeps dominating, and dominating you guys in particular.

the good denver fans give him credit where it's due , his fiery attitude aside, and that's respectable of them.
    This post was about the Future HOF QB Brett Favre, it had nothing to do with Rivers, Most people that are not Charger fans dont like Rivers because of the way he acts during a game, there are a lot of QB's who win games and beat rival teams but the fans of those teams still repect the QB's , Rivers will never have that kind of respect because he acts like a fool during games, thats his fault no one elses, he doesent seem to care if people respect him so neither should you, stop hijacking peoples threads to try and spread your ideas on Rivers, make your own thread about that here in this forum or smack talking.

Leave a comment:

• calibroncogrl47
    Guest replied
    I am a huge Brett Favre fan..

He always makes the game exciting to watch, expecially now!

Though he may have made some mistakes in his years.. he is a very classy guy. Down to earth and you can tell he is a real family man.

When it comes down to how well the packers are playing this year, you can't help but cheer for him. I mean did you see the pass he threw this weekend when he was almost falling to the ground and still got the ball to his receiver?

He plays with such passion and heart! I love watching him play!

Leave a comment:

• BaileyTheBest
    replied
    I've never particularly liked Brett Favre either, and I'm FROM Mississippi. I'm not really sure why either. He has always just rubbed me the wrong way for some reason. I can't really put my finger on it. He seems like a really cool guy, I just don't like him.

Leave a comment:

• RealBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by sneakers View Post
    I HATE brett favre!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    why?

and my own :2cents:

i've liked him since way back in the day. back when he was just starting out.

he's always been a professional player, classy, fun and just generally and genuinely enjoys the game of football and has fun while doing it.

the guy has amazing character. the day his dad passes away he shreds a defense by throwing 4 touchdown passes instead of what you'd expect from anyone losing anybody close to them.

he played hardcore for his dad and just continued being himself.

he's stuck by his team and not retired even when people say he should because he feels like they still need some building time and his replacement still needs more teaching.

the "throat-slash" thing? pft. it used to be no big deal and just a gesture they'd make with no hard feelings but to just show that they think their team is better. that's hardly a "classless" thing...just because the No Fun League makes all kinds of stupid rules which leads to:

the snowball throw. also not classless or worthy of a fine or penalty...

he's a 38 year old kid having fun doing what he loves.....and supporting his family doing it.

Leave a comment:

• sneakers
    replied
    I HATE brett favre!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Starbroncs
    replied
    Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
    excuses excuses

back before LT got his due, it was the same thing from denver fans about how LT is no good , then they finally had to just admit it

PR i admit is giving you guys an easy excuse not to admit the great play he's putting up, but it'll happen as he keeps dominating, and dominating you guys in particular.

the good denver fans give him credit where it's due , his fiery attitude aside, and that's respectable of them.
    I have stated numerous times that hes played good recently, and im not crazy about Favre, just think hes a classy guy and a great quarterback. Also stop generalizing fans, I have always thought LT was a good runningback and never said anything bad about him, I had my concerns when he got pissed at rivers but we all know the obvious reasons he doesnt like him now. Its truley pathetic though when you find out you just won a HUGE game, by far the biggest game of your season and instead of running up to celebrate with your team you have to turn around and trash talk to the opposing fans, you cant even argue that was LOW.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco_Armada
    replied
    Bronco mania 2007-2008 theme

classy vs classless

and

hypocrites

Leave a comment:

• jcdavey
    replied
    Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post
    Ill take the whole career that favre has proven over this one time incident. Rivers has shown numerous times that he is trash.
    excuses excuses

Leave a comment:

Working...
X