• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• str8jacket
    replied
    Originally posted by cutlerfan View Post
    Youngs 73 yard was YAC!!

Watch how many times Vince throws a post or across the middle. Phil Simms said that all Vince throws is safe passes in the SD game.

The first time he did he threw a pic!

The Titans say that Vince is good at hitting people on a curl, dig route but can't hit people in motion.

The other point why they ran the ball so much is because they are worried Vince will get them in trouble by throwing a pick. Example -

He threw for 42 yards IN ONE GAME!! Dan Marino and Boomer were laughing at how a pro QB can throw for 42 yards in one game.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/...esQmLw1.v.uLYF
    That doesnt matter worth a damn, if he didnt make that throw it would not have gone that far.

I love it how you jumped straight off of the Average, once i noted that they threw considerably less and yet Jay threw for not too much more per throw.

I'm not defending Vince, but damn. You people need to get a grip. Every single time someone is fired/released we HAVE to get him.

My point was Norm is NOT the answer. He tried to force VY to be a Quarterback HE ISNT. Thus forcing his offense to suffer CONSIDERABLY. They should not have won 10 games, it was all thanks to their D.

Norms offense SUCKED. Just SUCKED. We arent THAT much better player wise. We have doubts at running back, a terrible offensive line, a future star in quarterback and WR and thats IT!. Scheff and Graham are great TE's, but we have to sacrifice them in our offense, having them BLOCK because of it.

I heard the words "Offensive Genius" thrown around at school to today about Norm and thats completely laughable.

He forced a future star QB to be something he isnt, and for that I dont want him. His offense was anemic, an amoeba, and not as good as everyone is making it out to be.

Leave a comment:

• cutlerfan
    replied
    Originally posted by str8jacket View Post
    *yawn* Fail

Vince had a 6.7 YPT average, Jays was a whopping .8 yards more.

Who does VY have to throw to?

Now compare that to Jay.

Production is production, oh and by the way

Jays longest "Big Boy Pass" this year was 68 yards.

Youngs was 73.

Next!

Youngs 73 yard was YAC!!

Watch how many times Vince throws a post or across the middle. Phil Simms said that all Vince throws is safe passes in the SD game.

The first time he did he threw a pic!

The Titans say that Vince is good at hitting people on a curl, dig route but can't hit people in motion.

The other point why they ran the ball so much is because they are worried Vince will get them in trouble by throwing a pick. Example -

He threw for 42 yards IN ONE GAME!! Dan Marino and Boomer were laughing at how a pro QB can throw for 42 yards in one game.

Leave a comment:

• str8jacket
    replied
    Oh and one more thing I'd like to add.

Denver attempted to throw 40 more times than TEN did.

TEN attempted to run about 120 more times than Denver did.

Tells you alot about the differences in offenses, yes?

Leave a comment:

• str8jacket
    replied
    Originally posted by cutlerfan View Post
    I'm your Huckleberry.

95 % of Vince Youngs throws were "safe throws" the same 5 yard hitch and 5 yard curl routes you will see at any pop warner game. They are Baby throws.

Compare Vince to Jays stats and see whose is better.

Jay had a higher completion %passer rating, more TDs, less picks and more yardage.

Jay throws big boy passes.

Next....
    *yawn* Fail

Vince had a 6.7 YPT average, Jays was a whopping .8 yards more.

Who does VY have to throw to?

Now compare that to Jay.

Production is production, oh and by the way

Jays longest "Big Boy Pass" this year was 68 yards.

Youngs was 73.

Next!

Leave a comment:

• cutlerfan
    replied
    Originally posted by str8jacket View Post
    Tennessee had the 13th best completion percentage in the league.

Next?
    I'm your Huckleberry.

95 % of Vince Youngs throws were "safe throws" the same 5 yard hitch and 5 yard curl routes you will see at any pop warner game. They are Baby throws.

Compare Vince to Jays stats and see whose is better.

Jay had a higher completion %passer rating, more TDs, less picks and more yardage.

Jay throws big boy passes.

Next....

Leave a comment:

• str8jacket
    replied
    Originally posted by SethGrandpa View Post
    It's not his fault Vince Young can't throw the football.
    Tennessee had the 13th best completion percentage in the league.

Next?

Leave a comment:

• BroncoAV06
    replied
    Problem with Young is that he has no one that can catch the football. He is not going to be the most efficent QB but with no one to catch footballs it just puts your QB under that much more pressure.

Leave a comment:

• str8jacket
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncFanIN View Post
    wow. Didnt Heimerdinger sign on with Denver about the same time that Chow did with Ten? I remember hearing that perhaps Denver (at that time) was also looking a Chow?
    Perhaps I am wrong? I'll have to looky see if theres anything out there...

I think the reporter hit the nail on the head here: Young threw twice as many INTs as TD's this past season. That right there is a big reason for not scoring points...and they still got 10 wins!
    Figure that one out!

He will get snatched up by someone, of that I have no doubt. The Titans arent the only team that would like to score more points...
    Cool stat for you
    They averaged SIXTEEN points a game through 17 games.

SIXTEEN!

Their Defense allowed 18 points a game.

Average margin of victory=7 points!
    yet cool stat, 4 WINS with 4 or less points over the other team.

I will PASS. That defense won games for them.

Vincent Fuller (A SAFETY scored twice) once that clinched a win over Atlanta

Leave a comment:

• SethGrandpa
    replied
    It's not his fault Vince Young can't throw the football.

Leave a comment:

• BroncFanIN
    replied
    wow. Didnt Heimerdinger sign on with Denver about the same time that Chow did with Ten? I remember hearing that perhaps Denver (at that time) was also looking a Chow?
    Perhaps I am wrong? I'll have to looky see if theres anything out there...

I think the reporter hit the nail on the head here: Young threw twice as many INTs as TD's this past season. That right there is a big reason for not scoring points...and they still got 10 wins!
    Figure that one out!

He will get snatched up by someone, of that I have no doubt. The Titans arent the only team that would like to score more points...

Leave a comment:

• str8jacket
    replied
    Ok, so we want to pick up Norm Chow, whose offense looked BAD against our DEFENSE?

I will pas, 30 out of 30 times, thank you
    Last edited by str8jacket; 01-15-2008, 08:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cutlerfan
    replied
    Chow never was a Young supporter. He wanted Leinert.

Chow said that Young acted like a baby and immature.

I bet that is why they got rid of Norm.

Leave a comment:

• jcdavey
    replied
    norm was not right in his prediction, but it shows his love of philip -

Let go back for a second. Back before the season started. Back to before the 2004 draft that brought the Chargers their QB of the future. Back when Norm Chow, USC Offensive Coordinator and mentor to guys like Carson Palmer and Matt Leinart, made a bold prediction. It was more than a prediction. It was a statement:

"Whoever drafts him will be in the Super Bowl in three years."
    "You knew he was special the minute he got there by his demeanor," Chow said. "There was a veteran (quarterback) there. After the first practice I went into the head coach's office and said, 'Chuck, c'mon now.' He was thinking the same thing."

"The first time we ever put an outfit on the field, against Arkansas State, we couldn't make a first down for nothing," Chow said. "It was pouring rain. Philip kept going. We tie for overtime and win it. Ask Cam Cameron, we got to Indiana with two or three minutes to go."

The Wolfpack started 4-0 under Rivers and finished 8-4, winning the Micron PC Bowl, of which Rivers was MVP.

"That team wasn't very talented that year," Chow said of North Carolina State in 2000. "He willed half those wins."
    Discover the latest breaking news in the U.S. and around the world — politics, weather, entertainment, lifestyle, finance, sports and much more.

Leave a comment:

• theshiverman
    replied
    Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
    man i hope the chargers jump all over this

this is philip rivers biggest supporter, his former OC

that would be such a great reunion

this guy loves rivers more than anyone on earth outside of pr's family
    I just lost Respect for Norm Chow and Philip Rivers Family.......j/k

Leave a comment:

• jcdavey
    replied